Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 07, 2007 12:29PM

"apostate"
zeuszor

I also really like, [b:6660bc16b8]"The birds don’t starve-what are you afraid of?”[/b:6660bc16b8]

Well... I don't know... :wink: ... some birds do starve. Nature can be cruel. Think of the poor caterpillar that a wasp lays its lava in so the little wasp babies can eat their way out. :cry: Ouch! :lol:

Sometimes animals will die out in masses for lack of food, bad climate, whatever. Nature is cold, survival of the fittest. Good point.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: October 07, 2007 08:12PM

To those people who joined the JC's and left disgruntled it's hard to imagine that you spent so much time in a bad environment.

I left with the feeling of a great weight being lifted off my shoulders. I was not "disgruntled", I was disappointed with the group and Dave's leadership.

There were good things we did and good times we had but it became increasingly outweighed by the bad. I realised increasingly that there was much more love outside the group. I became more and more aware that the attempt to make a group into the one and only Kingdom of Heaven with us as a small group of the most righteous disciples twisted us into arrogant pigs who saw evil all around. I realised that the true Kingdom of Heaven was and always will be invisible and cannot be bound into a political organisation like the JC's. Any attempt to do so will create a monster. I realised the Kingdom of Heaven was much more evident out of the group than inside the group.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: October 07, 2007 08:32PM

Here, here :D Well said

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: October 07, 2007 08:32PM

Here is an example of how the promise the JC's had was corrupted. A very funny parody of one of their tracts. Someone else posted a link to it before but I was concerned that it has not been widely seen.

This parody would not have worked if the JC's had not fallen so far from where they were when the comic was first written.

[img:3cba6823bd]http://bp2.blogger.com/_3vQ872z8QJQ/RoDzEj0ShfI/AAAAAAAAAAk/08zvVSyMl10/s1600/MotivCov.gif[/img:3cba6823bd]
[img:3cba6823bd]http://bp2.blogger.com/_3vQ872z8QJQ/RoDxoj0ShcI/AAAAAAAAAAM/6uqErtS-ZJg/s1600/Motiv_p1v2.gif[/img:3cba6823bd]
[img:3cba6823bd]http://bp2.blogger.com/_3vQ872z8QJQ/RoDx0j0ShdI/AAAAAAAAAAU/AXyVN7PbbuM/s1600/Motiv_p2v2.gif[/img:3cba6823bd]
[img:3cba6823bd]http://bp3.blogger.com/_3vQ872z8QJQ/RoDx0z0SheI/AAAAAAAAAAc/27XdXD7umyM/s1600/Motiv_p3v2.gif[/img:3cba6823bd]

If you want to see the original go to:
[www.comcen.com.au]

Another link to funny parody fundamentalist comics (Jack Chick ones) is here for your funny bones.

[www.weirdcrap.com]

Posted by: Search4Tomorrow ()
Date: October 07, 2007 09:53PM

I took a look at that parody site about the Chick Productions.

Apart from giving me a headache with all the bright colours. I didnt find them very funny.

Very anti-Christian in fact. And just goes to show some people have too much time on their hands if they have to resort to copying other people's work to get their jollies off.

Date: October 07, 2007 11:52PM

Dear “Lamb of God”,

Thank you for pointing out that I was amiss in erroneously describing David McKay as a “monster”…you are quite right….David McKay is certainly as human as the rest of us…Once again I can only blame these late night postings (once my daughter is in bed!) for my carelessness….they unfortunately seem to be all I can manage these days…

I should of course been far more respectful to David and other members of the JC’s by more politely and accurately stating that it is merely David’s behaviour that is monstrous….nothing more, and nothing less,……..

It is of course unfair to those concerned to construe any more., after all, David could change his behaviour tomorrow if he so chose…..it’s just that after 30 odd years of it, one does become a little cynical perhaps….

But it IS difficult to imagine precisely all that poor David constantly goes through, isn't it what with one vile accusation after another made against him , although I DO believe that I can come some way to illustrate the type of heartache that he forever faces with this little illustration…..

As of course we naturallly don’t want to thoughtlessly engage in conduct that unjustly castigates others as "monsters", perhaps you could cast (whatever there is) of your mind back several years to another incident….. (..that I think perahps also begs your urgent attention).

You may be familiar with the case of one Bilal Skaf…..a poor young lad currently due for release from prison in Sydney in 2031…..I am unsure if you how intimate you are with the details of all the circumstances surrounding him, but anyway in brief....,

....in the year 2000, over several nights, in a series of separate incidents, a number of individual utterly brazen white anglo saxon hussies, deceived Bilal, his brother Mustafa and a substantial number of other simple and trusting young men from a certain middle-eastern country, into taking them back to their homes, where these same cold-hearted women then proceeded to callously rape the gang of men they had either deluded or phsically man-handled, one by one, who poor souls, despite their guns, knives and clubs, were unable to protect themselves from the ruthless sexual attacks these women engaged in, time after time after time…

….these poor young men have now of course, been traumatized for life by the experience, and in an utter travesty of justice have THEMSELVES been blamed as the perpetrators of the crimes that took place, by those one and the same very cynically calculating sirens…

It is sad misfortune that David and the JC’s find themselves so often in exactly the same circumstances spiritually, morally and legally…..yet people (such as me) have the gall to carelessly liken them to “monsters”….luckily there are enough "Erin Brocovicth's" like yourself "LambofGod" to set things right,

..but..well, Lamb of God what you have written has caused me to reflect…

Because you know, some ignorant people unwittingly portray Bilal to be a monster, and at times I feel that the critics of this man come across with nothing more than jealousy, envy and anger. I don’t think Bilal is the monster people portray him to be. After all, you know we are all sinners and no one is perfect. And some people are far from perfect. Surely there are friends and family in the Skafs home, and these friends and families have made a choice. We should respect their freedom to make the choices they have. They are their lives, not ours.

Whether these choices were based on the Koran or wanting to seek a close knit community “gang-bang”, that is something between them and Allah. Either way these people are accountable to themselves for their decisions, whether it leads them into a pit of fire or the light of heaven. Jesus said you will know them be their fruits.

To those people who had (allegedly forced) sex with Bilal and his compatriots, and left disgruntled, its hard to imagine that they spent so much time in a bad environment. Nobody would have intercourse with someone else if they didn’t like it. To say that there were no positive experiences or good times, from the time together would be a lie, as some of the women who left Bilal and the other innocent youths were there for several hours.

I think I have expressed myself prudently enough here to meet the standards you have been so good as to remind me that I should have been keeping in the first place… (no more mindless and vindinctive censure of David, born out of acrimony)…I will think long and seriously about this…

After all, we would all, of course, want to be aspire to be a “Lambs of God” , wouldn’t we…..not simply “lame of thought” ……

Date: October 08, 2007 11:47AM

It is fun spitting in the face of a world who is too busy taking themselves so seriously. If you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while, that's too bad.

So it is fun to you, spitting in the face of the world. I am sure that if Jesus returned for us right now he'd give you JCs a high five, say "Let's get outta here, guys!" and give the finger to everybody else, right?

Yeah, OK.

You cherish it, don't you, your hatred for "The System"? You must wear your contempt like a badge of moral superiority. Listen to yourself, Grace.

Date: October 08, 2007 11:53AM

Teenaged rebellion and a show of youthful hatred for authority at its finest.

[welikejesus.com]

It is fun spitting in the face of a world who is too busy taking themselves so seriously. If you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while, that's too bad.

Wow. Now THAT'S what Jesus would do! Spit in the face of the world! Yeah, right!
[b:40647221cd]
Jhn 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.[/b:40647221cd]

Jesus does not judge us Grace, so why should you?

Date: October 08, 2007 12:02PM

That's right folks-Grace just said she loves to spit in the face of the world, that such activity is "fun".

Your slip is showing, Grace. You have about proved my point for me. That statement reflects so far from a loving attitude as East is from West. Sheez. Amazing.

You are saying that you LOVE to HATE "the world?"

Date: October 08, 2007 12:27PM

Thanks for showing us what the JCs are [i:41bc14d025]really[/i:41bc14d025] all about, Grace! Contempt, anger, an "us versus them" mentality. No love, joy, etc.

I didn't hang you Grace, you hung yourself. You proved my point for me.
That is amazing.

Check this out:

Ok, Brian, you caught me. I used the wrong word. I didn't mean to make it sound harsh. But to the world (I don't hate them, I want them to understand the freedom we have in Jesus' teachings), teaching against their way of doing things is the same as giving them the finger.

It's too bad that we take Jesus seriously when he says be "wise as serpents, harmless as doves". Otherwise, you may have had a chance to meet us and do whatever else it was that wanted to do to/with us. I don't know, maybe we we still give you that chance. Perhaps after you stop saying things like "you're just a puppet and nothing more".

Look, stop hanging me because I used the wrong word, okay? I don't want to show hate to you or to the system. I just want people to not take themselves too seriously. And that includes myself!

I am not judging the world. I am showing them an alternative. Call it teenage rebellion if you like. I call it trying to follow Jesus' teachings (though I do make plenty of mistakes).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.