Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 13, 2007 05:47AM

To the US Team: you know my address, exactly where I live, my phone number, email address, all that. I gave you that info voluntarily and nobody asked me for it. I gave it to you so as to try and assuage your paranoia. Contact me anytime however you like. I'd love to get to know you as people, now just words on a screen (so impersonal), and of course this would entail meeting you. If you are ever in this neck of the woods look me up. I'm not going to hurt you. That's silliness.

Maybe I have certain misconceptions about you in my mind but you certainly also have similar misconceptions about me. I am not crazy. A lot of people take antidepressants. It's not uncommon, and surely nothing to be ashamed of; it's not any much different than wearing glasses. So for somebody to get after me on that front is not even barely worth my acknowledging. Come on. Ad hominem attacks are just so juvenile.

What is NOT going to happen is for me to make this a public hearing,
with anybody who wants to putting in their two cents' worth. This is between us only. I don't want everybody getting into it.

We can respect our differences and look for common ground. This has all been about me trying to impress upon you that I do not hate you, nor am I persecuting you. I hate what I perceive to be a systematic disregard for and abuse of certain families related to individual JCs, as well as certain theological issues pertaining to what I basically see as an unbalanced and context-disregarding approach to interpreting the Scriptures. It's legalistic, rule-oriented, works-based theology. This thinking leads to pride, arrogance, an us-vs-them way of looking at the world, and results in people saying things like:

It is fun spitting in the face of a world who is too busy taking themselves so seriously. If you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while, that's too bad.

You are just a kid, Grace. You are not better than me, nor I you. I remember thinking that I knew it all when I was a kid, too. So I can't begrudge you that. I'll bet that in thirty years you'll look back, read that statement you made on 10-07-2007, and laugh (or cry.) God bless you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Date: October 14, 2007 02:22PM

Quote:

"For example, whether or not the JWs believe in the Trinity is really not important, so long as they are living peaceably in our society and abiding by the laws of the land. I don't think the Rotary Club believes in the Trinity either, but we tolerate them."

[welikejesus.com]

Bull. Whether or not the JWs believe in the Trinity is very important if they are to be recognized as a "Christian" organization. By definition, "Christians" believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. Christians believe that Jesus IS God. JWs do not. There are no non-Trinitarian "Christian" organizations IMHO.

Like I said, Mormons are great folks too, but LDS doctrine is equally damnable.

The Rotary Club is not a religious organization, much less a Christian organization. Rotary is a secular organization. Therefore, your comparison does not count. They serve a different function than a church or other religious group.

Date: October 14, 2007 02:24PM

zeuszor
To the US Team: you know my address, exactly where I live, my phone number, email address, all that. I gave you that info voluntarily and nobody asked me for it. I gave it to you so as to try and assuage your paranoia. Contact me anytime however you like. I'd love to get to know you as people, now just words on a screen (so impersonal), and of course this would entail meeting you. If you are ever in this neck of the woods look me up. I'm not going to hurt you. That's silliness.

Maybe I have certain misconceptions about you in my mind but you certainly also have similar misconceptions about me. I am not crazy. A lot of people take antidepressants. It's not uncommon, and surely nothing to be ashamed of; it's not any much different than wearing glasses. So for somebody to get after me on that front is not even barely worth my acknowledging. Come on. Ad hominem attacks are just so juvenile.

What is NOT going to happen is for me to make this a public hearing,
with anybody who wants to putting in their two cents' worth. This is between us only. I don't want everybody getting into it.

We can respect our differences and look for common ground. This has all been about me trying to impress upon you that I do not hate you, nor am I persecuting you. I hate what I perceive to be a systematic disregard for and abuse of certain families related to individual JCs, as well as certain theological issues pertaining to what I basically see as an unbalanced and context-disregarding approach to interpreting the Scriptures. It's legalistic, rule-oriented, works-based theology. This thinking leads to pride, arrogance, an us-vs-them way of looking at the world, and results in people saying things like:

It is fun spitting in the face of a world who is too busy taking themselves so seriously. If you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while, that's too bad.

You are just a kid, Grace. You are not better than me, nor I you. I remember thinking that I knew it all when I was a kid, too. So I can't begrudge you that. I'll bet that in thirty years you'll look back, read that statement you made on 10-07-2007, and laugh (or cry.) God bless you.

Quote:
For example, whether or not the JWs believe in the Trinity is really not important, so long as they are living peaceably in our society and abiding by the laws of the land. I don't think the Rotary Club believes in the Trinity either, but we tolerate them.

Bull. Whether or not the JWs believe in the Trinity is very important if they are to be recognized as a "Christian" organization. By definition, "Christians" believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. Christians believe that Jesus IS God. JWs do not. There are no non-Trinitarian "Christian" organizations IMHO.

Like I said, Mormons are great folks too, but LDS doctrine is equally damnable.

The Rotary Club is not a religious organization, much less a Christian organization. Rotary is a secular organization. Therefore, your comparison does not count. They serve a different function than a church or other religious group.

Date: October 16, 2007 01:55PM

Quote:
"...the Hare Krsna's more or less originated with the Beatles and the dawning of what is called "the age of Aquarius", and from which we get the term "new age".

David, that is just about the dumbest thing that I have ever heard. Good night.

[welikejesus.com]

What the hell
Date: October 17, 2007 11:19AM

Glenn, you don't mean that
Date: October 18, 2007 03:41AM

Yeah, Carlo Rossi, and he and I go back many years. I enjoy Carlo's association nightly.
Quote:

"You're like a kid who has had too much red cordial ( pity not the Jim Jones kind)."

[welikejesus.com]

Now you are telling me that you wish that I would kill myself Glenn? Now you have crossed the line, hit below the belt. You wish I was dead, Glenn? Now who is spewing venom? Now who is filled with hatred? Good Lord, even I never went that far with my rhetoric. I never said that I wanted anybody dead or anything. That's about as loving (telling me that you wish I'd commit suicide) as it is to stand outside of a dead soldier's funeral with signs that say "THANK GOD FOR IEDs" and "GOD HATES FAGS". If you really believe that the Phelpses are true exemplars of Christian virtue and love their message, then you are simply a moron. That is so over the top that I do not even think that you are for real, that you don't really mean that, like you are acting as a shill or otherwise kissing up to David.

Read this. If you still think that Fred Phelps is a great guy after reading it then I feel bad for you. You must not be very bright, or else extremely naive.

[www.blank.org]

Keep in mind that it was written by Mark Phelps, Fred's son. Mark had the courage and smarts to get out as soon as he turned 18.

DM advocates Pred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church
Date: October 18, 2007 04:05AM

With people like this (backers of and admirers of the likes of Phred Phelps) in your corner, David, I'd be worried about my credibility. When they are praising Westboro Baptist and talking about sending them money, it makes you look bad. That has got to be the most hateful and mean-spirited group of people this side of the Klan. Talking about Westboro in a positive manner or being associated as sympathizers of theirs makes you look real real bad.

Just making it clear
Date: October 18, 2007 12:34PM

I hate what I perceive to be a systematic disregard for and abuse of certain families related to individual JCs, as well as certain theological issues pertaining to what I basically see as an unbalanced and context-disregarding approach to interpreting the Scriptures. It's legalistic, rule-oriented, works-based theology. This thinking leads to pride, arrogance, an us-vs-them way of looking at the world, and results in people saying things like:

Quote:

"It is fun spitting in the face of a world who is too busy taking themselves so seriously. If you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while, that's too bad."

and

""You're like a kid who has had too much red cordial ( pity not the Jim Jones kind)."

Listen to yourselves. Do you really believe that?

David McKay condones racism
Date: October 19, 2007 10:39AM

DAVID MCKAY CONDONING RACISM

Tonight I got this in my Inbox. It is from one of the JCs. They are playing psychological warfare games in order to drive me away. Screw you guys, it's not working. You just made yourselves look like a bunch of racists. I don't need help making you look bad, YOU do it for me! Thanks!I added the asterisks myself.

Now they are aligning themselves with Westboro Baptict Church and promoting racism?

i dont have any hate wit ni**ers, jungl bunnys, coons, lamingtonheads, spooks and porch monkeys.

if I went to a lynching. i would never pull the rope to lynch a ni**er. i would never dream of swinging off a dead ni**ers feet as some psychos do. i might laugh but only in good fun.

shirlley felps is right. dead niggers all around the world are being punished by god. You sound like a white ni**er. burma can lick that whores princess dianas dead dirty arse hole.

joke=>>
a) why did the ni**er pull out s**t from his pocket?
b) because the officer asked him for i.d silly

a) how do you get a ni**er to run faster than the speed of light
b) throw a t.v set in his hands and tell him its stolen

a) what the best sort of ni**er?
b) a dead nigger

a) how do u get a ni**er to shower?
b) pray for rain

a) how do u get a ni**er to jump through rope?
b) pull the chair away

a) what did the ni**er say to the whiteman?
b) yes boss

a) what did the whiteman say to the ni**er?
b) im gonna boil u in a pot and skin u alive to give ole granny a chuckle

a) how do u get rid of lice on a ni**er?
b) gasoline and a match

Date: October 19, 2007 10:51AM

So, one day a guy tells me that he wishes that I'd drink poison and the next day somebody else sends me a PM praising Shirley Phelps for hating "ni**ers." These are the kind of people that hang out with the JCs? What is this, a cult-ed discussion group or a Klan rally? You are doing a far better job of making you look bad than I could even hope to do. I don't believe it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.