Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: July 24, 2008 01:02PM

Dave, I am sorry to hear that you had cancer. I hope you are able recover well from it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: July 24, 2008 02:34PM

Sorry, to be cryptic.

Regarding a few recent PMs. You can see why it was better in this case, to let them do the talking as it was a highly personal matter. We did allude to it and mentioned a potential operation. You may recall Cherry thought the information had been leaked by Quakers, but in fact Dave had mentioned it on another site.

I too am sorry to hear that Dave had/has Cancer and wish him a speedy recovery. I would also encourage his retirement:)

Fran appears to be doing a better job with the JC Forum, which could be a bad thing, as Dave was his own worst enemy and probably did a better job of keeping potential members away, than anything we could say.

However, jokes aside. It is good when you see concerns, questions, frustrations, etc being answered civilly.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: July 24, 2008 07:20PM

My heart goes out to Cherry at this time, it must be so stressful to have the burden of a community and the illness of her husband upon her, when she herself is not well. I agree that Fran is doing a commendable job, and is measured and thoughtful in his moderation.

I pray that Dave may use some of this time to consider the Ninth Commandment about bearing false witness during his recouperation. There is time for him to put right something very wrong in his accusations about David Lowe, the Quaker from Queensland who happened to be at a meeting because of his experience with the BCF, when Dave was expecting to find out who Private Eyes is.

Dave has written much about many subjects, but one of the core laws given is against Bearing False Witness. In fact, in a moral and Biblical sense, it is way above directives about giving up all you have, and donating kidneys.

I see that Cherry is still referring to posts by Private Eyes as being made by David Lowe. And so the violation of the Ninth Commandment persists.

Cherry, would you please either provide your "other evidence" or clear this slate of sin against an innocent man? Sometimes it takes a great lesson for things to move forward in a positive way.

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: July 24, 2008 09:14PM

Blackhat, a good post and I admire your zeal in trying to clear David Lowe.

However, it is simply not possible for the Jesus Christians to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that I am David Lowe. There is no evidence. Nor can there ever be any evidence. Simply put, because as I and others have always maintained. I am not David Lowe.

Cherry, has suggested in a recent post that some bluffing is going on. I suspect she may well be the person guilty of bluffing in relation to evidence about David Lowe.

In our case, we received information, that following Dave's self publicised surgery, complications arose or were discovered that led to further medical attention being required. I received many queries regarding the possible whereabouts of Dave and we chose not to comment or speculate, but allow the Jesus Christians to reveal the seriousness of the situation. At the end of the day I couldn't give a toss, if Cherry believes this or not.

I note also on the JC site, a poster who choses to use the post name, "somebody" has selectively quoted part of my comments regarding Fran. I would suggest to the poster, by all means feel free to quote me, but I suggest you include the entire quote, as clearly it effects the context.

In regards to the information that Zeuszor has put out in relation to the suit. What difference does it make as to where the information came from? The fact is that the general thrust of what he revealed has been established as fact. In fact, as "somebody" astutely pointed out, the amount is even higher than Zeuszor was first led to believe. That doesn't mean Zeuszor was confused, it simply means at the time, he didn't have access to the whole picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2008 09:18PM by private eyes.

Date: July 25, 2008 02:40AM

There was a "David McKay" that I once knew as an intelligent and thoughtful human being, with whom I shared many close moments and who I looked up to, and in many ways I still am influenced by the time spent under tutelage....I'm not sure how much, if any, of that individual still remains....but to him, I offer condolences at the seriousness of the recent surgery and wish him the restitution of his health....

I can remember David commenting to me that one of the most "unhealthy" things a person can do is to choose to die on a cross....David's (ultimately more important) spiritual "health" might perhaps also take a turn for the better, if he sees that after spending 40 years of his life (1970's onwards)...alternatively "kicking out" one after another who failed to please him, despite all the manipulative, countless deliberately engineered "grievance procedures", public belittlement, and denigration of those who oppose him in any sense, lying to get his way wherever necessary...he's gained absolutely nothing from it.....the JC community largely surviving DESPITE him of late.....

.....he'll be realizing now just how "mortal" he is at the moment....

If God may will as such, don't return to good health only to return to your old "unhealthy" ways, will you David!

Date: July 25, 2008 02:43AM

"This community is not about David, or me, or any other personality except Jesus. Only God knows whether we are serving him, or serving an organisation or person. I have been impressed by how well the community has been functioning without David. I am sure that it is something that would make him very glad."

(patronizingly yours!) Cherry

Well,...ummm..."y-e-s"....

The "Jesus" that seeks to fraudulently take everything from an elderly man in England who has been told how much he would be "loved" were he to join and the "Jesus" that grooms underage children for membership and then sues their families if they challenge their sons kidnappers and the "Jesus" that would throw out his own son and close associates for the sake of (whatever assets!) and authority they held and the "Jesus" that only performs "good works" (kidney donations, voluntary community work, English classes in Kenya) if there is a camera watching him.....

Yes that's certainly the "personality" around which the JesusChristians revolve (rather funny though to name it "Jesus" I would have thought...counter-intuitive reasoning perhaps?).....and you are indeed right Cherry! God really DOES know who you are serving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2008 02:45AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 25, 2008 04:02AM

I just decided that I do not completely believe this thing about DM being sick. Just about every pronouncement that comes from DM and/or his consort is a lie anyway. It's too much of a coincidence to me. We start getting really close to them, and all of a sudden DM takes ill and drops out from public view, goes into "retirement?" Maybe so. Or maybe he's simply becoming more reclusive, weaseling out of answering for himself again, like the mafia don who has been dying of the same heart attack for thirty years and conveniently has a "relapse" just as there's a court date coming up. I wouldn't think that his super-sized ego would allow him to "lay low" for too long. Maybe there's something to it after all. It's probably a half-truth at best. Wait and see I guess. Anyway, frankly, I am glad that he seems to have been incapacitated. I've been praying that God would disable him somehow, and it looks as if my prayers for that may have been answered.

The Dude Abides!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2008 04:04AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: July 25, 2008 05:12AM

This is why I do not like you Zeus. The man is recovering from an operation for cancer and you say your god did it. Sick! And you wonder why some ex members want nothing to do with you.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 25, 2008 06:19AM

I do not care if you like me or not. This is not something between us. I'd like to get along with you, but please understand that I am not here to try and gain your approval.

Yet more twisting of my words, too. I did not say that God made DM sick. I said that I have been praying for something like that to happen, and now it seems to have come to pass. I also said that I am glad that he has (reportedly) been incapacitated.

It'd be better for him to have a millstone tied around his neck and then cast into the sea today, than it would be for him to meet his Maker (whether in ten years, or whatever) without making some amends to his victims. I just hope, for the sake of his soul, that he makes some effort to do so before leaving the planet.

Posted by: Talamasca ()
Date: July 26, 2008 06:29AM

Here's a post from the wonderfully Christian Fran, writing on the "3 million dollar question" thread on the JC website:

[welikejesus.com]

I wonder which part of the teachings of Jesus he had in mind when he wrote this:

"I am not sure if the Johnsons will end up having to pay 3 million and file for bankruptcy, etc. As far as justice goes, those who beat Reinhard probably deserve to be beaten to the ground and have someone kick them in the head almost to death."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2008 06:35AM by Talamasca.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.