Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 04, 2008 06:23AM

Hey, somebody planted a hidden camera and mike in my house and they've made covert films of, among other things, my Hare Krsna friends and I hanging out. But I outsmarted them and found the camera. Don't you know that you'd have to try harder than that to get me, guys? It must be one of DM's goons who planted it. Whatever. That girl who got up and started dancing was really in the zone. I am not ashamed, so I'll show you the film myself. Here it is:

[www.youtube.com]

And now for the IRONIC JC-RELATED QUOTE OF THE YEAR (FROM THEIR LATEST NEWSLETTER)

We felt a responsibility to say something to expose the corruption, even though we knew the organisation had some very influential backers. Making
enemies is sometimes the cost of speaking the truth.

Harold and Kumar is coming on Comedy Central soon and so I'm logging off for a while...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2008 06:43AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 04, 2008 08:35AM

Sorry I dropped the F-Bomb on you earlier, Mark. I was pretty upset then, but now it's all good. No hard feelings. Still though, that stuff that you wrote about me was just wrong.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2008 08:36AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 04, 2008 08:56AM

A religious man asked Jesus, "What can I do to have eternal life?"

"Love God and your neighbour," Jesus answered.

Because the man had little love, he asked, "Who is my neighbour?"

Jesus then told a story:

A man was beaten and robbed while travelling between Delhi and Calcutta. He was left by the road half dead.

A Catholic priest saw him, but he was late for mass. So he looked away and passed by.

A Protestant missionary also saw the man, but he was on his way to a Bible study, so he too looked the other way.

Then a Hindu came and helped the man. He took him to a hospital and paid the bill, because the man had no money.

"Now who was a good neighbour?" Jesus asked.

"The Hindu," the religious man replied.

"Then follow his example," Jesus commanded.

[www.jesuschristians.net]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 04, 2008 11:02PM

Mark Scheiderer:

Cease all personal attacks immediately on this thread.

This thread is specifically about "Jesus Christians" not Zeuszor, Anton Hein or Ole Anthony.

Date: August 05, 2008 02:22AM

error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 02:23AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: August 07, 2008 08:26PM

I am appalled at the treatment of Kirstie on the Jesus Christian message board. I have never seen such spiritual abuse of someone who so clearly and genuinely wants peace with God and her fellow travellers.

It looks like a pack of vultures circling over the latest victim.

So this is their witness and example of what the Jesus Christians say is what Jesus taught? I don't think so!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 08:34PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: Talamasca ()
Date: August 08, 2008 06:26AM

There does indeed seem to be some disgusting bullying going on here at the moment.

Kirstie seems like a really nice person who genuinely wants to do the best thing. But she's being harassed by these repulsive little cultists, who seem intent on wearing her down with their sneering, point-scoring hatred.

They seem to have an absolute obsession with getting the last word. Now David McKay is out of the picture, it's almost like there's some sort of competition going on: whoever writes the most mean-spirited, un-Christian post gets to take over leadership of the cult. There certainly seem to be a lot of contenders.

Posted by: omondi ()
Date: August 09, 2008 06:30PM

i dont know many things about this group and i will try to get information because i found out they are in kenya and even they have kidnap people in this country. i want to read this thread but there are many pages but i will try. only that i dont have good internet i have to go to internet shop and pay even one shilling for every minute but i will try to read informatoin about them. only that i am going to nairobi first to reseach another cult called opus dei that is secret catholic church cult. thank you for informatoin talamasca about this jesus christians cult that is in kenya. the newsletter said they work at kaimosi hospital and i know where that is so i can visit that place after i come from nairobi and i also know of friends church in kenya and even know some people from friends church that i can talk to about it. if jeuss christian want to say it is same as friends church we have to make clear that it is diffrent.

Posted by: Talamasca ()
Date: August 09, 2008 09:55PM

Omondi, two Jesus Christians were arrested in Kenya for kidnap:

[www.theage.com.au]

Four members of the cult were arrested in Britain on suspicion of having kidnapped a schoolboy:

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: August 10, 2008 12:40AM

I recently used the term "spiritual abuse" and this has had a strong reaction from a couple of posters on the Jesus Christian Forum.

I put the posting in question on two forums. I am not sure whether the JC's are responding to my posting on this forum, or the other more active one which I understand the JC's have been suggested to leave alone. It's actually a free thread, where people won't be banned for promoting the Jesus Christians, or criticising them, and there are many new surprise posters, as well as the old faithfuls.

[jcs.xjcs.org]

When I used the term "spiritual abuse" it came from contemplation, not from an analysis of the subject. It is intesting that when I now google the term, the following is the Wiki entry:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Dr. Ronald Enroth in Churches That Abuse identifies five categories:

Authority and Power - abusive groups misuse and distort the concept of spiritual authority. Abuse arises when leaders of a group arrogate to themselves power and authority that lacks the dynamics of open accountability and the capacity to question or challenge decisions made by leaders. The shift entails moving from general respect for an office bearer to one where members loyally submit without any right to dissent.

Manipulation and Control - abusive groups are characterized by social dynamics where fear, guilt, and threats are routinely used to produce unquestioning obedience, group conformity, and stringent tests of loyalty to the leaders are demonstrated before the group. Biblical concepts of the leader-disciple relationship tend to develop into a hierarchy where the leader's decisions control and usurp the disciple's right or capacity to make choices on spiritual matters or even in daily routines of what form of employment, form of diet and clothing are permitted.

Elitism and Persecution - abusive groups depict themselves as unique and have a strong organizational tendency to be separate from other bodies and institutions. The social dynamism of the group involves being independent or separate, with diminishing possibilities for internal correction and reflection. Outside criticism and evaluation is dismissed as the disruptive efforts of evil people seeking to hinder or thwart.

Life-style and Experience - abusive groups foster rigidity in behavior and in belief that requires unswerving conformity to the group's ideals and social mores.

Dissent and Discipline - abusive groups tend to suppress any kind of internal challenges and dissent concerning decisions made by leaders. Acts of discipline may involve emotional and physical humiliation, physical violence or deprivation, acute and intense acts of punishment for dissent and disobedience.

When you apply these measures to the demonstrated treatment of Kirstie, as recorded on the Jesus Christians Forum, maybe not all boxes are ticked, but so many are that........

Maybe the Jesus Christians think it is normal to treat someone like this? That is a really scarry thought!

I rest my case.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2008 12:58AM by Blackhat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.