Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 20, 2007 03:20PM

"Some like what we are doing, but with the help of people like David Lowe and the rest of the establishment which they proudly represent, all of that is changing."

[welikejesus.com]

That's fantastic, it's working. Thanks for the kudos, David.

Just what 'establishment' is this? David sounds like a washed-up relic from the 60's counter-culture with revolutionary delusions. Except he never had cred then, and he doesn't have it now.

If it's the established church, why is he so desperate to retain his Quaker membership? Quakers are as much establishment as the Anglicans, the Uniting Church and the Baptists.

If it's established society, why doen't he and Cherry give up their Government pensions and shun the establishment for real instead of like some half-baked clanging cymbal? He's talking the talk, not walking the walk. And he says that Glenn couldn't hack the discipline? How about the discipline of shunning Government money, eh David? Or would that be just a bit too much to ask of a true believer living in a Jesus community like in the Bible? I don't believe they had pensions. Pensions come from workers who live in the evil establishment and pay taxes, like Jesus told them to. And it's because of the establishment that you both are entitled to them. How evil is that?

By the way, David is responding to what I'm saying, but hasn't responded to my question about Quaker money. Did a Quaker woman give him a substantial amount? What Quaker monies have gone into his Kenya outpost? Does he use that outpost to sell books to raise money for the JC's, not the Quakers?

And please stop calling me Grandma Lowe when I have no idea who David Lowe is, apart from his listing in the yearly meeting online records as an office-bearer from Queensland (been doing my homework!). Blackhat will suffice.

Options: ReplyQuote
....tired, very tired...
Date: November 20, 2007 11:07PM

Dear Blackhat,

Yes...Davids' hypocrisy is explained by the COG teachings he covertly subscribes to (...and the evidence of which (in his writings) he ultimately decided to remove from the public domain of the JesusChristians web-site), namely that of "spoiling Eygpt" a passage from the old testament where the departing Israelites "sack" the homes of their former masters the Eygptians , which in David's view implies that he is free to take whatever he can obtain (if necessary through deceit), from the "systems of Man" because as God owns everything, and David is a son of God in his eyes, "David" is only laying claim to his "birthright"....

As to openly say as much would lead to the cessation of the welfare benefits he receives, he practises dishonesty in order to be able to continue to access the "mammon" he requires and covets......

...tired...plain old tired...
Date: November 20, 2007 11:36PM

Does anyone remember the "good ol' days" when David could at least lie competently enough to be at least faintly entertaining.....

In his effort to "gut" the testimony against him on the JK program he engages in the usual wilful character assassinations, deliberate prevarication, "labelling", "projection" and other psychological devices that we are (...yawn...!..) just all too familiar with.....

.....However I see it takes him TWO full pages to castigate me "sufficiently" to refute a letter of some SEVEN lines....

...I understand that all he is capable of these days is crying wolf and "shouting down" his opponents....

("overwhelming" them with the volume of his reply in order to disguise the lack of quality in what he writes....)

..but Good God!!!....can someone within the JC's....PLEASE urgently donate this "non compos menitis" some cerebral substance....

....he is even unable, to be half way believably mendacious these days.....

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: November 21, 2007 07:08AM

Was he called Tyrranus? (NT) Dave McKay???

In Reply to: Re: Ex member COG runs mock trial and flogging live on Fox posted by narrhanda on January 09, 2007 at 19:04:44:

[www.exfamily.org]

Tyrranus!!!!! Dave!!!!

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 21, 2007 11:45AM

What does the (NT) stand for? Can somebody tell me please?

Date: November 21, 2007 11:55AM

free of DM
Was he called Tyrranus? (NT) Dave McKay???

In Reply to: Re: Ex member COG runs mock trial and flogging live on Fox posted by narrhanda on January 09, 2007 at 19:04:44:

[www.exfamily.org]

Tyrranus!!!!! Dave!!!!

I get it now...are you saying that DMs' name in the COG was Tyrranus?

What does the (NT) stand for? Can somebody tell me please?

"The tyrant is a child of Pride
Who drinks from his sickening cup
Recklessness and vanity,
Until from his high crest headlong
He plummets to the dust of hope."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2007 12:12PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 21, 2007 12:09PM

Check the spelling.

The Apostle Paul taught in the School of Tyrannus in the city of Ephesus for two years.

New Testament.

Date: November 21, 2007 12:14PM

Ahhh, yes, a spelling error prevented me from locating the word in my concordance! Duhhh! And here I am looking through Sophocles in order to find an explanation. Many thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2007 12:16PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 21, 2007 12:20PM

Hehehe

So you were barking up the Oedipus tree eh?

Date: November 21, 2007 12:24PM

Fitting, isn't it, the Sophocles angle? "The tyrant is a child of pride..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.