Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 21, 2007 12:44PM

I was just musing over the Oedipus thing...but no, on second thought, not so fitting; DM in my eyes is a bad man, a wicked, evil, unredeemable man, not a victim of fate, circumstances beyond his control and self-fulfilling prophecy. The only substantial comparison in common theme that I can see between DM and Oedipus is in the object lesson that "pride cometh before a fall." But I digress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2007 12:47PM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 21, 2007 03:13PM

Watch David "grooming" Zion's Daughter. She's obviously a genuine seeker, and has stepped onto the Flame Section with an admonition to David:

Added to that, as your sister in Christ, can I just say that some of the threads started to sound like little kids bickering in a playground!! Not fun stuff to witness from this side of the ditch. And it comes across as tit for tat, & highly juvenile, which is not how I've seen the JC's up til now.

Sure I know it's fun to try and 'win' the argument sometimes, but it's getting to the point of - who cares if you are right or not?!! How about a big ol' change of subject people!! It sounds like an obsession to talk about all the dramas, which is basically 'he says, she says', ie. gossip! Please raise your game is what I'm asking Dave. Your choice totally, but I ask this from love, and an objective view of the posts, with concern for my fellows in Christ because maintaining your reputation of righteousness and justice matters to me. Because then you reflect Christ in the best possible way. Which I think you've done in an extraordinary way up til now. That's the end of my nagging you.

[welikejesus.com]

Now David steps up and warns her off with a "maybe it's better you just have a look here but go back to sunday school" directive:

"But I would caution against coming to the flame thread (which is advertised as being fairly argumentative) and then complain because people aren't just praising Jesus over here! I personally think it's a GOOD idea for people like yourself to spend some time here, and to hear the arguments that are being raised; but seriously, when you get tired of them, just go over to the other threads for a while, okay? Or maybe you can come up with some really good, positive, loving answers."

Got that ZD? You're overstepping the mark. Watch it or you'll be banned too, questioning the "Leader". Love your attitude. But he'll be subtle about it for a while, because it's honeymoon times for you right now.

So just go over to the other threads, ok! Huh?

(Maybe I'm actually Zion's Daughter? After all, I'm encouraging her questioning. Has that paranoid thought occurred to David? She does admit to Quaker connections. Conspiracy?)

Date: November 21, 2007 05:50PM

David has posted his responses to all of my comments, but avoids one persistent question I ask. Here is his response. Assess it for yourself. Personally I think it's demented.

[welikejesus.com]

He still does not reply to this persistent question from me, and I challenge him to respond.

Did a Quaker woman give you a substantial amount of money? What Quaker moneys have gone into supporting your Kenya outpost? Have you used that outpost to sell books not for the Quakers, but for the Jesus Christians?

Date: November 22, 2007 02:13AM

Dear Blackhat,

.....congratulations on the potency of your pointed questions......

David refuses to discuss "how" he sources funding.....Well we know what that means don't we....He is misrepresenting himself in order to swindle people out of funding that they would otherwise not give to him...

David of course is "living out" the teachings of Christ here in that "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also".....as David treasures the ill-gotten gains he garners (be that cold hard cash or the lives of other peoples children)...he is reluctant to expose to the public eye, that which he could easily lose, where it to be openly known what he does (that for example yes...any "book sales" that are made, fund his own little empire!)

...may I ask Blackhat if you know who David Lowe is, and if so how we might get him "on board"? Wouldn't that that feed David's fetish even further.....

Date: November 22, 2007 04:56AM

As I said, I did a google and found he's an office-bearer in Queensland.

[www.quakers.org.au]

Date: November 22, 2007 06:03AM

Looks to me like "Jesus Christians" is on the road to being a cult that passes out the Kool Aid. I'm sick of people like you who manipulate others with guilt and false teachings -- in that, you are no better than the atheists.

[www.theologyweb.com]

Somebody just showed me this message board. I could mine this for oddball quotes for hours (and will be doing so all afternoon, believe me), but wanted to bring everybody's attention to it now so that you all could begin combing too. Most of this is DM and Casey debating people who are really trained in theology, and being clearly beaten in the debate over "forsaking all", money, etc. This stuff is both embarrassing and IMO chilling, to read. Nineteen pages long, it is. Wow. A lot to go through. And a few months old by now...this is just intriguing to me.

More later. Here's the beginning of the thread:

[www.theologyweb.com]

Date: November 22, 2007 07:28AM

You gotta see this.

[www.theologyweb.com]

That whole exchange between DM, Casey, and the real theologians is to me at once sad, silly, and pathetic. Watch Casey walk into it like a know-it-all, only to run into a dead end when he realizes that he can't "play with the big boys" and has to have Father David come bail him out. Wrote one person called OldManZangetsu:

Casey, I’m beginning to think you spend more time on your computer and elsewhere than in the Bible learning what God has for us. Perhaps you need to consider forsaking some of your things to spend more time in study?

Later, rather than answer the questions (let alone THINK about them) put to him, Casey condescendingly shrugs off the questions being put to him and hangs it up:

Well it seems we've reached the end of the road as far as any progress on this issue. Once the "cult" word comes up there is no further room for discussion in the minds of the people throwing it around. I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on what it means to follow Jesus.

Casey

Later the OldMan writes, in reference to DM:

Ehh... this guy is a joker, Nathaniel. Even if someone is “too sarcastic or insulting”, the person responding can still respond honestly/intelligently. McKay and Casey failed in that area and instead now choose to avoid the arguments altogether. They’re in over their heads, so they do something they feel they can win at: complain about how their feelings were hurt and that it prevents them from responding.

That's cold. The same thing that will make you laugh will make you cry, huh?

There's a lot to go through here...what do you all think? Who else noticed any especially asinine and pathetic quotes from DM and Casey?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2007 07:34AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 22, 2007 08:24AM

Also a good quote

"Jesus Christians" doesn't have a charismatic leader (not that I can tell) but that's not integral to the definition. They fit the rest to a T. They are a cult. Not a very good one, at that. It is not subjective. This is the agreed upon definition by experts. It is accurate and I will use that term as long as they fit the definition. I will not drop it just because they pretend they are hurt by it.

Yep, DM is a half-baked, fartwhistle theologian and cult leader. But he's still dangerous nonetheless. Just as dangerous as a child molester or serial rapist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2007 08:34AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 22, 2007 10:14AM

DM has been posting here, too. And making a jerk of himself as usual.

[www.exfamily.org]

He just can't keep away from ex COG members as he sees them as potential recruits, the ones who left because of the sexual teachings.

Everyone knows your track record since that quarter of a century. Most of your material is derived from the Family and other cults. You're a known cult leader and your probably just here in recruitment mode.

Hahaha well put. They caught on to him quickly. Good. Foiled again, David!

McKay's been busy posting today, and I and have been busy tracking him while he does so. Ever-vigilant,
B

They deleted his post here:

[www.exfamily.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2007 10:34AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 22, 2007 11:00AM

These are IMO the best three pages of the theology discussion, where DM and Casey come in and get put in their places at the kid's table. I didn't want to post all three pages here (too much space) but here are the links:

[www.theologyweb.com]
[www.theologyweb.com]
[www.theologyweb.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.