Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: September 12, 2007 11:44PM

hello, you asked whether Bob and Paul featured on the BBC site regards Freegans were members of the Jesus Christians. Yes they are. Bob originally hails from Manchester, hence the Manchester connection.

A lot of Jesus Christians activities centre around the individual member's geographic profiles. You can draw your own conclusions about why that may be.

The other member, is believed to be Paul Henry an Australian apparently married to Ulrike Bonisch a German member.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 13, 2007 11:26PM

Wow, you got to hand it to Dave. He's a risk taker. Taking time out of his busy schedule saving the world. He's defamed someone, using his real name and the person he is defaming.

He obviously hasn't read my Rick Ross post on 22 June 2007, entitled, It's a good thing David's not a Private Detective".

Apparently, it all stems from my use of the term McKay family (used by a few counter cult groups) in a list of names associated with them and his belief that I am in the same location of an old foe of his. You gotta hand it to remailing services, they help to identify who is leaking information and keep your real location safe at the same time.

As usual, Dave's making a complete Goose of himself.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 13, 2007 11:54PM

Well at least I have done everything I know how toward making sure that they never set foot in Dallas again...

Date: September 14, 2007 01:45AM

Well, if Dave keeps promoting that strategy to get the group to survive on even less. These so called, faith outreaches", we can expect the groups funds from book sales to be maximised even more. Living on less and more book sales, equals more travel and hence you can expect to see members turn up almost anywhere.

Dallas certaintly has a few sources for Dave to sponge off as does New Mexico and I sure at least one member could score a free meal in Houston.

Date: September 14, 2007 03:46AM

Dave's got himself convinced I am some one else and just in case he's wrong, he's suggesting that I could be his wife or son. He's even calling the other person a liar, because I am denying I am him.

It's no secret, that I dislike Dave, but even I credited him with a bit more intelligence then this. The person to which he refers, is very open in his opposition to cults and certaintly wouldn't need to use an alias. This is someone who regularly appears in the news, has a radio spot and lectures internationally. He runs a Christian Ministry where even the street address is made public. Something very few counter cults would do, for obvious reasons.

As I have previously indicated, I subscribe to and send information (press clippings and the like) to many counter cult organisations, including CCG Ministeries. I believe that is where I first learnt of the name McKay family used in connection with the Jesus Christians. But I am aware that others have used it since. If they have used it as a result of CCG Ministeries, big deal, I couldn't care less. The Jesus Christians are known by many, many names.

The real issue is. Am I who Dave thinks I am? The answer is no, I am not. Of course a number of Rick Ross posters will know that to be a fact and will probably be having a good laugh about how Dave once again looks so foolish.

Date: September 14, 2007 04:09AM

Jinny,

Perhaps if you posted your real name and your birthdate it would help us, to help you, locate your file.

We'd be suggesting a Freedom of Information Application to the, Home Office, Interpol, FBI, Secret Service, Immigration Authorities in various countries, Customs, Taxation Departments and Centrelink, to name but a few. Where rumour has it, a rather large dossier, including your imformation and a few of your colleagues may have ended up.

By all means concentrate on your research into Data Protection Acts if you wish, but look more closely at which agencies maybe exempt from such Acts, particularly in the conduct of criminal investigations and the like. Good luck with your search.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: September 14, 2007 05:01AM

David speaking to a mother of one of his members

[i:580a0f8f08]"But please don't bother Cherry and me any more with your pretences of deep concern over Ash's whereabouts."[/i:580a0f8f08]

It seems that this accusation is a way for David to convince readers that this mothers concern for her son is a pretence! I would think that if there were no deep concern there would have been no phonecall and therefore no need for him to post such an accusation on his dysfunctional families thread. A thread which, by the way, actually fosters dysfunctional families by restricting communication between family members to public internet forums. Not very functional, I think.

It is interesting that his own children have not even bothered to respond to such childish nonsense. It seems that parental role has switched over to them. It must be difficult for them raising their parents by setting an example of how to treat others with respect... especially when one of them is a cult leader prone to throwing temper tantrums.

Date: September 14, 2007 12:41PM

The thing I find so amusing about Dave and his cronies, is that he appears so concerned about what we and others write and say about him.
Even to the point of trying to identify posters and in a lot of cases, making an even greater fool of himself in the process.

However, it is really his own writings that convict him. Apostate has given a good example above.

It's pretty clear to any rational person reading his site, that the Jesus Christians are a cult.

Look at all the stuff he wrote about the Quakers, (since removed) and ask yourself, who really was promoting negative information about the Jesus Christians.

Date: September 14, 2007 02:41PM

I thought that because Dave thought he was onto something because of my use of one of the names associated with the Jesus Christians history, that I might run through a few more. Perhaps people could comment as to the accuracy and if they are aware of any other names. some names may not have been formally adopted by the cult, but may have been penned by journalists, etc.

CURRENT NAME:

Jesus Christians:

The current name, Jesus Christians was adopted in August 1986 to avoid confusion that the more generic, “Christians” often caused.

FORMER / OTHER NAMES AND BRANDS:

Christians:

Christians or The Christians is the name they used prior to becoming,
Jesus Christians.

Voices in the Wilderness:

Voices in the Wilderness, was the name that they adopted when they conducted their Prophets of Doom campaign in Rockhampton, Queensland in June 1989. This stunt resulted in arrests. Anyone familiar with the Children of God will know where this idea originated.

Nappy Chappies:

The term Nappy Chappies was as a result of a campaign in 1987 and again in 1988 where members dressed in Nappies and stood outside the Sydney Royal Show to distribute religious leaflets called, baby books. This stunt also resulted in arrests. Another stunt from Children of God.

Medowie Christian Volunteers:

The term Medowie Christian Volunteers was as a result of the group residing in Medowie and offering to undertake free work in the community.
The Children of God tried the same thing, calling themselves, Australian Volunteers until they were exposed.

Nullabor Walkers:

From the Nullabor walk.

Rappville Christians:

The term Rappville Christians came about in 1982 when the Community lived at a disused general store at: 7 Nandabah Street, RAPPVILLE NSW 2470.

Rappville is not far from Lismore in New South Wales.

McKay Family:

Term used by CCG Ministeries and subsequently included by some other counter cult groups in their list of names for the group. According to recent information provided by Dave McKay, the term was used on Christmas cards distributed in Fremantle by the group.

Dave and Sharon and the Church which is our home:

Referenced from a CCG Ministries article. I think the Sharon reference maybe a typo. Probably should read, Sherian.

The Australians:

Name found on the Jesus Christians, International Communities advertisement.

Followers of the Lamb:

Name mentioned on Spotlight Ministries Inc site.

Gandhians:

Name they were apparently called whilst they were in India in1984

Godstuff Comix:

Branding on the comics they distribute.

Date: September 14, 2007 11:24PM

It is entertaining isn’t it!….watching David, trying to prove to himself that he’s still “in control” by “successfully” unmasking Private Eyes…..most amusing! Not being able to put Private Eyes into a little “category” must be most unsettling for him……an apparition that must trouble him, in its haunting of his life….!

While this was also evident during my “stretch in the pen”, we (those who are publicly voicing criticism, either on this forum or elsewhere) are of course, all fundamentally, necessary in the greater scheme of things to David McKays’ ongoing empire….We are the “bogey men” he requires to “prove” the persecution he suffers. We are the fearful spectres in the shadows, that he endeavours to use as “evidence” of the “oppression” he faces, and we are the “phantoms” he needs to shore up as best he can the spurious brouhaha that has deluded Ash and Joe into entrusting their faith and lives to him.

If we didn’t exist, David would need to invent us (as he has done so previously!)... Hence, taking all things into consideration I think it only just that we should bill him!

You know, charge him for our services!....nothing too unreasonable….but taking into account the considerable benefit he attempts to derive from having us around….I think 25% of net takings would be a fair and reasonable figure!!!

Could someone then, please draw up an invoice….

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.