Current Page: 22 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 26, 2006 04:17AM

Dave:

OK.

You are refusing to answer questions about how you support yourself and pay your expenses.

You also are not answering the question regarding your marital status. That is why you are married when marriage and and intimate romantic relationships apparently is discouraged within "Jesus Christians."

You also apparently don't discuss how many people donated kidneys from the group before you did.

Many mysteries when it comes to how you personally may benefit from the group Dave and what rules you are somehow excluded from.

Please understand that when it come to religious groups, most churches and ministries are not secretive.

For example, most Protestant churches/ministries disclose their finances in detail, salaries, expenses and compensation.

It is not as if you are saying that you consider yourself self-employed and running a private business.

Is "Jesus Christians" your private for-profit business then Dave?

Jesus answered questions as did the apostles, but you don't have to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: October 26, 2006 06:54AM

[www.quakers.org.au].

We agree

to use the surplus from YM 2006 to reduce the subsidy from the General Fund for financing
YM2007

to suspend the Interest Allocation process (see Handbook Section 11.1.6) for 2006–2007, and
ask the Treasurer to bring a further recommendation about this in the Budget papers for
2007–2008

to allocate monies for the AWPS visitor from the FWCC Travel Fund.

to donate $600.00 to Pendle Hill and $600.00 to Woodbrooke.

not to include a donation for the Indigenous Concerns Committee in the 2006–7 budget

to place the $2000 donation from Just Peace into the Refugee Assistance Fund to assist Cherry and Dave McKay in bringing African refugees to Australia,

Young Friends Standing Committee Report 2006
Young Friends have no more to report about our risk management policy. We have started
using the policy when organizing our camps. The Child Protection Policy is still in the minds of
YFs, and we are working with the CP committee/working group on these issues.
Our Easter camp was of course good, though it was a small gathering this year, with 10
people at its peak time. We still love Werona, and each other, so what more could we ask for
an Easter weekend! Our business meeting was deliciously short, our meeting for worship
unprecedentedly sleepy, the food marvelously organic and the fire hot, just as we like it. We
made another stone chair to keep the existing one company, they sit together like Friends in
silence, feeling the sun rise and watching it set each day. The complete run-down of Easter
camp is in our epistle.
Several YFs have relocated this year, mostly in the direction of Melbourne (leaving Tasmania
void of active YF-ness), but also in the direction of Africa. Fran from Sydney has recently
joined Kim and others in Kenya literally building a Quaker community which will house up to
40 people. Those living in the community will more or less be full-time volunteers, working for
the good of the local town and hopefully inspiring people to do the same. They plan to grow
food on the land and make the community as self-sufficient as possible.
Also, Thomas Ashton attended Aotearoa/NZ Yearly Meeting Summer Gathering at Easter this
year as part of the YF exchange.
YFs within states try to organize meetings every now and again, which is hard when everyone
is so busy. We are all staying in touch via our group email list, and look forward to camp and
Yearly Meeting in Tassie.
In Peace and Friendship,
Mary Webb
Young Friends Coordinato

Date: October 26, 2006 07:19AM

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 26, 2006 08:05AM

Are there any details regarding the financial arrangements and working conditions for Dave McKay?

It seems Dave is not really open when it comes to these questions and others about his role within "Jesus Christians."

Interesting.

What do you think he hopes to hide?

Date: October 27, 2006 01:28AM

some more DM posts here

matilda
http://www.livingdonorsonline.org/dcforum/DCForumID7/2946.html#2

the link seemed faulty above so i will post details here from htis link [www.livingdonorsonline.org]

Reading Topic #2946
Dave McKay
unregistered user
24-Jul-06, 04:09 AM (EDT)

"donors from Africa"

Dave McKay here, in Kenya, with a curly one. One of our members (Jesus Christians) here in Kenya, would like to donate a kidney. She is a very genuine person who has given the idea a lot of thought. She is very healthy, young, and type A. She is happy to donate through a hospital that does non-directed altruistic transplants. But I don't know if there are hospitals in the U.S. that accept donors from Third World countries (mainly because of the possibility of scandal about someone selling a kidney from a third world country. However, because the donation would be non-directed, it could eliminate any concerns about her receiving compensation for the donation. And as far as her just doing it to get into the U.S. and then shooting through (which, I understand, has happened elsewhere), we (Jesus Christians) are willing to guarantee that she will definitely turn up at the hospital, even though we can never (of course) guarantee that she might not change her mind about donating after she gets there, since donors must always have that option open to them.

Anyway, any tips on what hospital would be the best one for her to contact first?

Dave

Dave McKay
unregistered user
28-Jul-06, 04:02 AM (EDT)

7. "RE: donors from Africa"
In response to message #6

Hi Anjel,

Perhaps you could contact me directly, with regard to your mother. My email address is: fold@idl.net.au

I have just been diagnosed with malaria (It's that season here at the moment!) despite taking antibiotics regularly and always sleeping under a mosquito net, and it has started me thinking about the possibility that a history of malaria could preclude someone from donating. I know that the girl in question has had malaria at some time in the past (Who hasn't, in Africa!) and I've heard that it takes a long time to be absolutely certain it is out of the system. Anyway, all we could do is try.

We are divided between the advantages of Debra making a strictly undirected donations (because there is less chance of people trying to make something evil out of it, by saying that she must have done it for money), and going through someone like yourself, who can help with making arrangements at that end.

I haven't been able to get a search engine to work here so I can find the email details for Rhode Island Hospital. If anyone has such an address, could you post it?

Dave McKay

Dave McKay
unregistered user
29-Jul-06, 02:35 AM (EDT)

10. "RE: donors from Africa"
In response to message #9

That's great to hear Pat.

Russ, no, we don't have flyscreens on our windows here where I am living. It's a two-room mud hut with a cow-dung floor at the moment, and there are lots of places for the mosquitoes to get in. We are in the process of building better accommodation which is something like a motel, but even when we finish with that we will be using mosquito nets over the beds, because just opening a door can let a mosquito in (and on hot nights, the doors are often left open anyway... we only have solar electricity, so there are no fans.)

BTW, anyone interested in coming over and working as a volunteer here for as little or as long as you like, gets free accommodation including meals. Any takers! Seriously, it really is a beautiful place, and the rooms are looking very nice. We had twenty volunteers from Europe over for a bit of a party on Monday, and they were quite impressed.

Okay, enough plugs for now!

Date: October 27, 2006 02:56AM

Information from Quakers website

Documents in Advance 2007
Peace and Social Justice Fund
The committee administering the fund is currently under the care of NSW Regional Meeting and consists of Ray
Corbin, Peter Hillery (convener), Rae Litting, Jackie Perkins and Graeme Stuart. The committee usually meets
three times a year and met in December 2005, and April and August 2006.
Part A
Supported Projects
Since our report to Australia Yearly Meeting 2006, we have supported the following projects:

Resources for Nonviolent Conflict Transformation in West Papua and Indonesia: As part of a larger project
supporting nonviolent change inside West Papua by Jason MacLeod, we agreed to a $3000 grant for nonviolence
training for key West Papuan activists and publication of a small booklet about the nonviolent struggle.

Refugee air-fare loan scheme: At Australia Yearly Meeting 2006 it was agreed that a $3000 donation from Just Peace
be used to assist refugees from the Sudan and Cherry and Dave McKay were asked to carry this forward.

As there was a possibility that this amount could be insufficient to cover costs, we agreed (April 2006) that our original
refugee air-fare loan scheme grant of $3000 to Cherry McKay (approved December 2005) could be used in conjunction
with the above funds.

Date: October 27, 2006 04:41AM

extract from the may 2006 secretary newsletter at www.quakers.org.au/files/SecNL5.06.pdf

Jesus Christians in Kenya
Devonshire Street members Cherry and Dave
Mackay are Jesus Christians, a group which
aims to live in community as the early
Christians did. Dave has been translating
English literature into ‘easy English’ and he
and Cherry and other Jesus Christians have
been working amongst programmed Quakers
in Kenya. Their newsletter reports:
Volunteers have been visiting local Quaker
Youth Conferences to keep Quaker young
people aware of the community being formed
at Takatifu Gardens. Newer members and
volunteers have also been going out on day
long faith outreaches to give them some
practical experience in hearing from God for
themselves, and not just from human leaders.
During the Easter school break, we have been
working on various construction jobs around
the Gardens, and having regular Bible studies.
Page 5
Published by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Australia Inc. A.B.N. 16 036 715 933
(17/5/06)
Page 5
Another project has been the construction of a
running track at a local Quaker school. We use
the track ourselves, but have also started a
running competition with the local children.
The children range from about 5 to 12 years of
age, and some of these youngsters are
posting times between 12 and 13 minutes for
two miles! (i.e. faster than a lot of our adult
runners).
The foundations have been laid for the first
five bedrooms and the main dining/function
room, with construction on the bedroom walls
due to start this coming week. The onset of the
'long rains' has caused some minor setbacks
and delayed progress, but work is still moving
ahead.
The rains have been welcomed all over the
country, especially in those areas most
affected by drought and famine. It won't be
long now before harvest, but right now is still
one of the most desperate times because of
the past drought.
We have started what is, in effect, a mobile
library for every student in the Quaker schools
in our area. (There are a total of 35 of them in
this yearly meeting alone, but we can only do
about ten schools at a time.) We visit each
school once a week, bringing a new title from
the Easy English reading series with us. Every
student in the school is asked personally to
give some indication that they have read the
book distributed during the previous visit, and
if they appear to have read it, the book is
swapped for the next title in the series. The
vocabulary list gradually increases, enabling
students to increase their level of English
comprehension with each new story.
Students and teachers have both responded
enthusiastically to this project, and they are
already seeing a marked improvement in
English reading skills. Story books are a luxury
for most families and schools here, so it is
exciting to see the difference that this project
is making

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: October 27, 2006 05:29AM

Looks like he is on a good income source with the Quakers. It certainly explains his smoothness on their forum.

Funding for loans for African refugee air-fares. Interesting.

I wonder why the apparently usual donations for Indigenous concerns did not happen this fiscal year.

Is there any info around about about how many refugees were loaned money, and where they came from, where they are now, etc. Is there a connection between refugees receiving loans for air-fares and those individuals who are volunteering at the Quaker buildings on Jesus Christian land.

I am sure this is a question Dave could answer. What do you think Dave? Where are these refugees now? How many are there?

Matilda, is there anyway the Quakers could be asked directly? I am sure they would be forthcoming with this type of information. How are these following people reached: "Ray Corbin, Peter Hillery, Rae Litting, Jackie Perkins and Graeme Stuart"

Date: October 27, 2006 07:45AM

apostate
Looks like he is on a good income source with the Quakers. It certainly explains his smoothness on their forum.

Matilda, is there anyway the Quakers could be asked directly? I am sure they would be forthcoming with this type of information. How are these following people reached: "Ray Corbin, Peter Hillery, Rae Litting, Jackie Perkins and Graeme Stuart"

Sure, contact the secretary at

nswclerk@quakers.org.au

also

YMsecretary@quakers.org.au

tasclerk@quakers.org.au

There are others on the quaker australia site.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: October 27, 2006 09:03AM

matilda
apostate

Sure, contact the secretary at

nswclerk@quakers.org.au

also

YMsecretary@quakers.org.au

tasclerk@quakers.org.au

There are others on the quaker australia site.

Thanks, I will let you know the results.

Current Page: 22 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.