Current Page: 21 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: October 22, 2006 10:37PM

Anothert DM post from this site

[www.livingdonorsonline.org]

I am the co-founder of the Jesus Christians, who were featured on a recent CNN Report ("Body Parts") in relation to a member who donated a kidney last year. There are several of our members who have expressed an interest in donating a liver lobe (or possibly even a lung lobe) if they knew of someone in need and if there was a way open to do so.

Anyone interested should probably check out the forum message board where there has been a lot of debate over the way the Jesus Christians were portrayed on CNN. They falsely accused us of being coerced into donating (something never even mentioned in media coverage before this). However, if nothing else, the report makes it clear that we are real people and that some of us really have donated.

We have not had much difficulty in finding hospitals in the U.S. who would perform kidney transplants, but we do not know what the situation is with regard to either non-directed or privately arranged donations of liver or lung lobes. We would be depending on the recipient to check that stuff out for us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 22, 2006 10:55PM

Date: October 22, 2006 11:11PM

Posted by: Dave McKay ()
Date: October 23, 2006 10:22AM

Thank you, people, for including so much factual material here. I realise that you have your own spin on the things I have said, but at least you have included the quotes, so that people can decide for themselves whether or not the quotes back up your claims.

I would invite members here to post on the Jesus Christian forum. The URL is welikejesus.com At the moment you can only post if you register, which means giving a valid email address. I realise that most of you are averse to doing that, and I am looking into ways that we can let people post without having to register.

At the very least, you will probably find some juicy quotes to post over here on the Rick Ross forum.

Dave McKay

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: October 24, 2006 11:16AM

Dave McKay
Thank you, people, for including so much factual material here. I realise that you have your own spin on the things I have said, but at least you have included the quotes, so that people can decide for themselves whether or not the quotes back up your claims.

I would invite members here to post on the Jesus Christian forum. The URL is welikejesus.com At the moment you can only post if you register, which means giving a valid email address. I realise that most of you are averse to doing that, and I am looking into ways that we can let people post without having to register.

At the very least, you will probably find some juicy quotes to post over here on the Rick Ross forum.

Dave McKay

There is more factual information at Wikipedia as well. Here is the URL [en.wikipedia.org] It is good to have a public source to add to for a more complete picture.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 24, 2006 11:17PM

Interesting Wikipedia article, apostate. I never knew that the JCs believe that you can't get into heaven if you're overweight. How odd...no wonder when I met them they were all so gaunt. Do they believe that only the stinky will be saved, too? Just kidding, guys. Dig on this:

[www.accsoft.com.au]

Date: October 25, 2006 08:23PM

It pays to read a little more closely and not to make the kind of false assumptions that someone (Apostate himself, perhaps?) has recently added to the otherwise fair wikipedia entry on the Jesus Christians.

The article entitled "No Fatties in Heaven?" ends in a question mark. I often do that with titles when I am writing an article to actually CHALLENGE the thought being expressed.

The article chronicles my own battles with weight, and comes up with this conclusion:

The most lasting resolution that came out of it, was never to be self-righteous toward fat people again.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 25, 2006 09:58PM

Dave:

You never answered those previously asked questions.

Maybe you could clear the air on a few other items.

Members of the "Jesus Christians" group apparently at times work at paying jobs in "the world" to make money. Do you ever work at such a worldly job that pays for your time? If so what such jobs have you recently worked at and for how many hours, weeks etc.?

Who pays your travel expenses and/or living expenses?

Does money from members of the group ever pay your way?

"Jesus Christians" reportedly are encouraged to stay single. Why are you married then? Do you think you should be single?

How many people gave kidneys for transplants before you did?

Just a few simple questions. Looking forward to your frank answers.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 25, 2006 11:25PM

...how much of other people's money does it take for the Jesus Christians to stay poor? You like to reference Gandhi so much as an example of a non-Christian but righteous person. Well, it took a lot of other people's money for him to stay poor too. What you do is not "living by faith" we who live in the real world call it MOOCHING. If you are all so poor, then where does the money to maintain your website come from?

Date: October 26, 2006 02:47AM

Rick wrote to me, saying:

Maybe you could clear the air on a few other items.

Members of the "Jesus Christians" group apparently at times work at paying jobs in "the world" to make money. Do you ever work at such a worldly job that pays for your time? If so what such jobs have you recently worked at and for how many hours, weeks etc.?

Who pays your travel expenses and/or living expenses?

Does money from members of the group ever pay your way?

"Jesus Christians" reportedly are encouraged to stay single. Why are you married then? Do you think you should be single?

How many people gave kidneys for transplants before you did?

Just a few simple questions. Looking forward to your frank answers.

Hi Rick,

It is tempting to answer some of your questions, because some of them are very easy to answer. But the problem is that I have seen from past experience on this forum that there is absolutely NOTHING that people you call 'apologists' (i.e. a person defending ANY group... not just the Jesus Christians) can say that will be taken as a valid defence for any group.

You make your living by seeing evil in virtually any group anyone wants to mention. So why should I give you more fuel for your fire?

But I will ask whether you would be willing to answer similar questions about your own finances?

Current Page: 21 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.