Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 04, 2011 10:20PM

Yes, that is correct. We're dealing with a seriously disturbed individual here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 04, 2011 10:56PM

Zeuszor could also tell you about a rather disturbing incident which took place during the Jeremey Kyle show. Apparently the apostle shouted out to the audience ''Who here has masturbated?!!!''. You can imagine the absolute shock, disgust and embarrassment of the audience.

Date: August 04, 2011 11:09PM

He is basically a sadist, glorifying in his control of those more vulnerable.

Yep!.....that's him!!

Date: August 05, 2011 02:07AM

Dave McKay is a vile pervert who should be banned from working with children.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 05, 2011 03:14AM

I agree.
But unfortunately he is out there, as an outlaw, rogue figure, refusing to accept that there is any other meaningful authority or code of conduct than that dreamed up in his increasingly befuddled head.
He has already shown his complete disregard for the law of the land, the norms of social behaviour, religious taboos and directives.
There ain't much left which could be used to restrain him.

Which is why the karma idea appeals to me. Hopefully, he will wind himself ever tighter and bring on his own nemesis.

nemesis

There is some historical precedent for the working of this thing, nemesis, but it is not always obvious to us when we are focused so exclusively on the material world of punitive justice.
Which is not to say we can abrogate our responsibilities to stop these tyrants if we legally and rationally can.

I'd like to see him caged, in a dumpster that gets a daily dose of garbage, but that is a personal preference and out of my hands anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 03:16AM by Stoic.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 05, 2011 06:29AM

zeuszor
There's something else that I noticed last night when studying more on the topic of David Berg, and what XFamily circles have termed "Bergisms."

[www.xfamily.org]

Has anybody else ever noticed how David (McKay, that is) peppers his communiques and teachings with the "Ha!" suffix to denote derision, or "as an interjection emoting amusement or hilarity in a given subject," or as well how he seems to have a habit of overusing exclamation points in his writings, JUST LIKE DAVID BERG?

Also there is DM's apparent preoccupation with thriftiness and saving; as well I have heard from various sources (this forum included) that DM is extremely "cheap," JUST LIKE DAVID BERG.

Rationing of toilet paper, saving every last bit of toothpaste, etc. Same kinds of things. Berg used literal rods, McKay uses whips. On and on the parallels go.

The JC teachings are mainly just paraphrased versions of the MO Letters, as I have described in earlier postings. More on that later. A website designed to further expand on and provide illustrations of these paraphrasings is "in the works."

There are so many similarities between the two them that one would think (other than in the the obvious, prurient ways, but even then, DM's preoccupation with masturbation is more than a little disturbing) David McKay is not just trying to emulate David Berg, he is trying to BE David Berg.

When I was on the JK show, DM started to babble about masturbation: "Who masturbates? Who masturbates?" He cried out while waving his hand up in the air as is to say "Me too!" Now I shall tell you about the exact context in which wanking was brought up as a topic for discussion. I remember it vividly, and that stuff never made it into the final cut, or therefore on the air.

It was close to the end of the show, and L was telling the audience about some of the odd particulars of JC doctrine; she told of how the males in the JCs are pressured into getting vasectomies, also she told about how DM encourages people to masturbate, not just that it was allowed, but encouraged. Of course all of the JCs on stage denied these things and said that she was lying.

L looked incredulous and disgusted. She said impatiently, "But it's on your website Dave. The whole world can read about it." Then DM said something like, "OK, I admit it. That's true. I masturbate. Who else masturbates? Who masturbates?" He was grinning and waving his arm in the air. Then he said "No, better yet, who in the audience HAS masturbated?"

There was a gasp of shock and disgust from the audience, a grumble of discomfort at DM's display of lack of self-control for shock value. L puckered her lips as if to express profound contempt. G. Baldwin shook his head ruefully. I simply stared at DM in amazement because I nearly literally couldn't believe what I was witnessing. J. Kyle told Dave that he was acting perverse and childish.

DM just giggled like he was pleased with himself, and the other JCs on stage laughed on cue also. It was a bizarre scene.

I think that DM must be somebody who is on the autistic spectrum, probably low-level Asperger's IMO. His lack of empathy, trouble with "theory of mind," his complete self-centeredness, his high intelligence and hyperlexicality, talent as a writer, lack of impulse control and social skills, it's all there. I say a tad of Apserger's. Add to that a deeply ingrained personality disorder (NPD) on top of all that and we have a very very dangerous combination.

And I am not making fun of people with Asperger's, either. By no means. Mozart, Einstein and Ben Franklin probably had Asperger's too. In some respects, it can be thought of as an asset. People with Asperger's are usually highly intelligent and are capable of thinking far "outside of the box" in a way that neurotypical people cannot. But you get a person with Apserger's and NPD and you have a dangerous combination; you have someone with a complete and total lack of empathy, and little regard for the rules and norms of society, and a completely self-centered worldview. You have a very sick person.

It was so surreal to observe this man, apparently a high-functioning autistic, and obviously a completely narcissistic religious nut with OCD and a dirty mind, up close and personal. I never thought I'd wind up on TV with McKay. In ENGLAND, with DM, on British television. I actually skipped going to my own (Episcopal) confirmation to do it, and never was confirmed. The bishop understood though. I had met Sue before, years ago, and she was as fanatical and accusatory as I remember her being back in '02. Cherry never looked me in the eye, or looked directly at me at all for that matter. DM approached me, thanked me for coming, and extended his hand to shake. Actually thanked me for coming when the filming was over, he did.

[forum.culteducation.com]

There are so many similarities between the two them that one would think (other than in the the obvious, prurient ways, but even then, DM's preoccupation with masturbation is more than a little disturbing) David McKay is not just trying to emulate David Berg, he is trying to BE David Berg.

I skipped my own confirmation to go on Jeremy Kyle. That's a true story. Never was confirmed.

And by the way: I HAVE ASPERGER'S. And I have the neuropsych eval and F-MRI pix to prove it. Ha!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 06:34AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 05, 2011 07:01AM

'Actually thanked me for coming when the filming was over, he did.'

The super-salesman's ABC, always be closing?
Although he did rather mis-calculate the audience response with the masturbation.

Do you think he expected to win the audience over at the last gasp or was this a distraction attempt, getting the limelight back from L who was making some unwelcome disclosures?

Congrats on the fMRI pix, are they framed?

Date: August 05, 2011 07:24AM

McKay was calling L a liar in pretty much everything she was saying about himself and the group, and when she pointed out that everything she was describing was published online for the whole world to read, he started with the masturbation routine. I don't think he meant to try and win the audience over with that act. I think he simply just wanted to be an a**hole.

Thanks, about the fMRI pix. Not framed, no, but I've got two whole CD-ROMs full of images of the inside of my noggin. Got them free when I participated in a couple of MIT studies.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 07:35AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 05, 2011 07:40AM

Dig this, one of my favorite songs. It always makes me happy to listen to this. I love this song. Good times. Rundgren is brilliant. Enjoy.

[www.youtube.com]
Sometimes I can't help seeing all the way through
It's important to me
That you know you are free
'Cause I never want to make you change for me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 07:42AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 05, 2011 05:03PM

Yes..being an "arsehole" is an deliberate antic to draw attention away from the fact that "L" had seriously found him out.....he lacked a "clever reply" for the meoment and hence just reverted to type in desperation, in order to derail the conversation....simple God forsaken theatrics....Mr Kyle should have kept on at him about "L"'s comments....(there would have been more than one "walk out" in an childish tantrum, of being caught out, in that case)......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.