Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:54PM

Another piece from the ABC:
[www.abc.net.au]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 23, 2012 10:59PM

An alarming piece of information was shared with me on the weekend by an ex-cult member. It appears that there is a huge percentage of the faithful followers who have at one time or another belonged to other minor cults. It might be the area of your next research Serge to look at the mental stability of a group of people who need to be told how to live, to exist.

This isnt so unusual.

And it does not mean anyone here is stupid.

One, so many of us want someone to look up to as a mentor.

And there is nothing more intense than being in a group with shared aspirations and centered upon the same mentor.

Its probably similar to the feeling between combat soldiers.

And many a veteran will tell us that leaving the comraderie and intensity of war is very hard to do. In the field, everything one does is important. From tying one's bootlaces exactly right, to packing for a day in the field, looking out for one's mates.

Civilian life outside of war can and does feel flat and dull.

Being a noble participant in a cosmic battle may give some of that same satisfaction.

It is hard to walk away from.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 24, 2012 02:29AM

Let's see...his mostly female followers call Serge "The One". He claims (and the followers believe) he is the reincarnated of DaVinci. He claims that massaging women's breasts will prevent cancer (talk of a racket) and his 22 year old daughter will "talk to women's ovaries" for $70.00

Yeah. Nothing nutty or cult-like about that!

Date: July 24, 2012 03:21AM

Breast 'therapy' slammed

[m.northernstar.com.au]

The above article is incorrect in stating that Benhayon's sons have been trained in 'esoric breast massage'.
Only female practitioners perform it. Apart from that unfortunate error, a solid article.

Date: July 24, 2012 03:37AM

[www.abc.net.au]

Quote from the article above:

"we're saying things that people are ready to hear and it's their choice whether they come or not".

The real question is Serge, is what you're saying true? You've acknowledged that you don't believe your own claim to be da Vinci incarnate, despite allowing followers to believe that for 13 years. Is that justifiable because 'people are ready to hear and it's their choice'? And if that was a lie, it follows that ALL your supernatural claims are likely to be lies. Again, does the fact that people are 'willing to hear' lies make it right for you to tell them?

"It is very, very unconventional" - SB.

It's also very, very dishonest.

Date: July 24, 2012 04:09AM

Sparky
Let's see...his mostly female followers call Serge "The One". He claims (and the followers believe) he is the reincarnated of DaVinci. He claims that massaging women's breasts will prevent cancer (talk of a racket) and his 22 year old daughter will "talk to women's ovaries" for $70.00

Yeah. Nothing nutty or cult-like about that!

Hi Sparky- to be fair to Serge and his followers. They dont use the term ' the One'- that was extrapolated from a remark made by one student regarding his apparent representation on Earth from the Hierarchy who reside in Shambhala, a mythical place located in the Astral planes above the Gobi desert... Having said that, I guess being called the One is less incredible and controversial.

Naturally I am sure the followers have grabbed onto these remarks and other small factual errors in many reports that are appearing as proof that it is a media beat up while there is other more substantial information alluded to in the reports.

This brings us back to one of my first posts here where I mentioned 'confirmation bias' as the process that keeps people locked into one way of thinking or believing, when there is mountains of contrary evidence. I know this is what the 'students' are doing. In fact watching it is quite disturbing. It makes you realise why the human condition and experience is as painful as it is. If we were able to work on facts alone and not construct edifices of ideas and defend them to the death-literally- the world would be a very peaceful place. Serge's ramblings, while hardly worth mentioning as a 'philosophy' asserts all sorts of 'energetic' (quite literally, nonsensical) reasons for the worlds woes, when the reality is much simpler; and ironically the very act of believing in his type of ideas without any basis except for a desire for it to be so, causes conflict and separation.

I know that those that want to believe in things find virtue in the fact that they do, and scoff at those that apparently don't. That is the nature of beliefs and what gives it power to obfuscate the obvious in favor of the fantastic. I too have been there, and then lingered in the purgatory between reason and belief for a long while. My discovery is reason is the gift of god, and it gives the world more meaning and context than any cherished beliefs.

One last unrelated comment. Serge said on radio yesterday that 'Einstein proved everything is energy'- it seems strange that the smartest person in the world would not know that is not correct and keeps trotting out that line as part of his whacky package of esoteric philosophies. First, why bring a real well known scientist into the fray when you are talking about non-science? Second, get the facts right. Einstein was one of many amazing scientists of that time ( ironically when Theosophy was in labour pains- a sort of Mysticism and 'popular' science fusion- a really ugly baby) he did not 'discover' everything is energy. He may have discovered a relationship between mass, energy and speed, and that in a formula the values were inter-changeable, but others did the work of proving.

Thanks for your contribution Sparky.
Thanks for nothing Serge.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 04:25AM by COncerned Partner.

Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: July 24, 2012 04:30AM

Does anyone remember any of his crazy predictions? This is one area the articles are yet to focus on. He has had some crazy ones but I need facts ... Anyone here heard first hand of these? Or can reference his website where he makes his claims.

Date: July 24, 2012 05:03AM

frodobaggins
Does anyone remember any of his crazy predictions? This is one area the articles are yet to focus on. He has had some crazy ones but I need facts ... Anyone here heard first hand of these? Or can reference his website where he makes his claims.

Apart from the 'predictions' of increasing disease and natural disasters, Serge's books feature several claims that 'one day science will accept what I'm saying as established fact', usually accompanied by a caveat that this won't happen for a long time, perhaps hundreds of years. The only specific example I can remember is the claim that humanity will eventually mutate beyond gender distinctions and evolve into hermaphroditic beings.

Posted by: Gibbs ()
Date: July 24, 2012 05:30AM

MacReady
Breast 'therapy' slammed

[m.northernstar.com.au]

The above article is incorrect in stating that Benhayon's sons have been trained in 'esoric breast massage'.
Only female practitioners perform it. Apart from that unfortunate error, a solid article.

From what I know, Serges son Curtis is actually qualified in the women's breast massage. Apparently he is the only male besides Serge that is 'Clear' enough to preform this technique.

Date: July 24, 2012 05:39AM

'we're saying things that people are ready to hear'

- Serge Benhayon

Note that his paying audience is also being told that the rest of the world, including the medical and scientific establishment, will not be ready for his 'esoteric' information and way of life for hundreds of years.

In the interest of full disclosure, all of Serge Benhayon's audio downloads and published writings should be made available for the scientific, medical and media communities to thoroughly investigate. Only then will an accurate summary of what he's actually claiming be available for the general public to consider.

If Serge would indeed "love a debate" as he has said during several presentations, he should make this material available immediately and let it be judged on whatever merits it has. It would be interesting to see him honestly defend it in an arena of scientific, medical and media scrutiny.

Current Page: 67 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.