Current Page: 65 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: July 22, 2012 09:42PM

Hi Folks,what a great article in the paper today. I must mention that a couple of days ago I received two private messages from a gentleman who had business dealings with Mr Benhayon in the early 90's around the northern beaches of Sydney.He did say that besides himself some other associates would be pleased to catch up with Serge too. How the plot thickens ! - Eric

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 23, 2012 01:02AM

In case anyone says SB is being persecuted as Jesus was persecuted:

A few observations about Jesus

Jesus loudly objected to religion being turned into a money making cash proposition. He said 'My father's house is not to be made a market' - during which he kicked over the money changer's tables.

When asked whether people should pay taxes to the Roman overlords, Jesus asked whose face and name were on the coins. When said, "Caesar" he replied, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God that which is Gods'."

(Money was considered is 'belonging' to the Emperor and only the ruling emperors had the right to coin money. Anyone who coined money was automatically a rebel and traitor)

So...this could be said to make a case for paying one's taxes.

Jesus was misunderstood by his own followers and family.

Nothing is said in the Gospels about Jesus family members being with him during his teaching career. It seems his family and home town rejected him.

Jesus reportedly expressed frustration that there were times when his own followers didnt understand him.

When the Roman police arrived, Jesus did not run away, not on foot, not by chariot. He was arrested.

His disciples were the ones who ran away.

When Peter was asked by one of the Roman coppers if he was a disciple, he disowned ever knowing Jesus.

Under pressure, Jesus did not deny who he was.

The only property Jesus had when he was arrested were the clothes he wore. No fancy chariot, no property.

Jesus faced the pressure alone and by himself.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: July 23, 2012 01:14AM

As you have accurately stated before CP, the charges Serge directs at others say far more about himself than anyone else.

I've heard Serge say repeatedly that he would love to debate his claims with the world's intellectuals and that he refuses to dilute what he knows to be true in order to make his presentations more palatable to a wider audience. Yet at the first sign of media exposure he crumbles and recents? Now the students are saying he publicly backtracked on the da Vinci claim because 'most people don't believe in re-incarnation'? I hate to break it to the students, but many new people who may not believe in re-incarnation attend entry level UM workshops or EDGs each year and it doesn't stop Serge from discussing re-incarnation. Is Serge going to censor himself from now on just in case someone in the audience is a journalist by profession or simply doesn't believe in re-incarnation?

More Breaking News

Looks like the Therapeutic Goods Administration are interested in Serge's 'Eso Herbs':
[m.smh.com.au]

And I have to say congratulations, Serge. You've made it into the 'weird but true' section of the New York Post:
[m.nypost.com]

Also, perhaps don't try expanding your empire to Croatia anytime soon.
[m.24sata.hr]

Date: July 23, 2012 01:24AM

For anyone in Australia negatively affected by UM and seeking advice:
[www.cultcounselling.org]

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:31AM

Further links:

SOTT.net

Doubtful News

Freethought Blogs

And these are just 3 of many more.

Date: July 23, 2012 05:30AM

HerbertKane178
Further links:

SOTT.net

Doubtful News

Freethought Blogs

Thank you, Herb.

Here's the direct page link for that last one:
[freethoughtblogs.com]

Date: July 23, 2012 06:53AM

MacReady

Looks like the Therapeutic Goods Administration are interested in Serge's 'Eso Herbs':
[m.smh.com.au]

From within the article: "''I wish they would have just said to me, 'Hey, you're doing the wrong thing','' he said." - Serge Benhayon.

Oh, yes, sorry Serge that is why these tax payer funded bodies exist, to advise you when you are acting outside the law, god forbid there should be any onus on you to proactively obey the law. Then if it is proved you have deceived people with your products, I'm sure you'll have no problem giving back their hard earned cash.

Date: July 23, 2012 07:01AM

knowledge_is_king
MacReady

[m.smh.com.au]

From within the article: "''I wish they would have just said to me, 'Hey, you're doing the wrong thing','' he said." - Serge Benhayon.

Oh, yes, sorry Serge that is why these tax payer funded bodies exist, to advise you when you are acting outside the law, god forbid there should be any onus on you to proactively obey the law. Then if it is proved you have deceived people with your products, I'm sure you'll have no problem giving back their hard earned cash.

Indeed. Furthermore, why on Earth would he need the TGA to tell him there was a potential problem, considering he has repeatedly and emphatically declared that he intuitively knows all the mysteries of the universe? I would have thought that breadth of knowlege would have such basic legal requirements covered.

Date: July 23, 2012 07:09AM

HerbertKane178
Further links:

SOTT.net

Doubtful News

Freethought Blogs

The last one deserved a full repost (bolding of text added by me):

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/07/22/but-will-they-come-when-you-do-call-for-them/#comments
But will they come when you do call for them?

July 22, 2012 at 7:55 am PZ Myers

Oh, you just have to love a new quack and cult leader — they come up with the wackiest stuff, and people fall for it.

Serge Benhayon, a former tennis coach from Maroubra, has up to 1000, mainly female, devotees to his movement, Universal Medicine, based in the hills outside Lismore on the north coast of NSW.

Mr Benhayon told The Sun-Herald he had no medical qualifications but stood by the effectiveness of his treatments, including “esoteric breast massage” – administered only by women – and “chakra-puncture”. His daughter, Natalie, 22, claims to be able to talk to women’s ovaries – for $70 an hour.

I can talk to women’s ovaries, too! Also their kidneys and uvulas and hippocampi and elbows. I can also chat up a pair of breasts, if you’d like (they understand the language of motorboats). You should only get the big bucks if they answer, though.

Esoteric breast massage sounds fun, but chakra-puncture…no thanks, that sounds agonizing.

He’s drafted a whole lot of professional women with no understanding of medicine or science to buy into this nonsense, and make recommendations that funnel public health care money directly into Benhayon’s pocket. And of course there’s the New Age jargon everywhere, substituting for evidence.

Ms Greenaway offers “esoteric connective tissue therapy”, a technique created by Mr Benhayon. It promises to improve energy flow by “allowing the pulse of the lymphatic system to symbiotically correspond with the body’s own ensheathing web”.

You know, the lymphatic system doesn’t have a pulse, and symbiotic doesn’t mean what she seems to think it means. They also claim to do “craniosacral massage” and to measure a “craniosacral pulse”, which just tells me they’re obsessed with heads up asses.

It’s disgraceful nonsense, but Benhayon has an answer to charges that he’s a charismatic con-artist.

“A handful of people say what we have here is a cult. What if I can bring 2000 people to say it’s not?”

<pictures 2000 people in robes standing glassy-eyed and chanting “we are not a cult”>

Date: July 23, 2012 08:08AM

Here is the usual refrain of those in a cult.

As for the Men who blame Serge for splitting their families up, not one has put his name to any allegations made against Serge – which shows the quality of their character.

The weakest and most convenient argument in the world is to attack the character of someone who doesn't agree with you. Serge is hard at it: The journalists, the evil 'detractors' and now the flock are following suit. Steven, it is feeble minded and very transparent that you do not have a good argument when that is what you need to resort to. Ditto Serge.

I am sure Serge is well aware of which families he has helped to split up Steven. He can put his hand into a bucket of names and pull out as many as he likes at any time. Out of respect for our families, though they have shown us little, we choose to remain anonymous- for now.

To the rest of your sycophants who have swooped to help protect Serges vast interests chanting zombie like 'integrity, integrity, integrity' I say:

Here is a man who recanted his long held claim to be the re-incarnation of da Vinci. If he lied to the journalist because the masses wont accept it, as seems to be the line going around, he is simply a LIAR. People with ABSOLUTE INFALLIBLE INTEGRITY don't lie.

To the poster who waxed lyrical about Serge's business integrity- did you not notice he has been selling unregistered goods and is under investigation by the TGA? Even I, who does not sell such goods, knew it had to be registered. Not knowing, is not an excuse. As a director of a company it is your job to comply with the rules. Not doing so LACKS INTEGRITY.

How many times do you need to LIE or do things wrong before you are not someone of ABSOLUTE UN REPROACHABLE INTEGRITY? once, twice, twenty times?

There are also glaring contradictions in other stories, and if you care to look you will easily find a host of other issues and questionable going-ons. But you don't, because you want to believe the fairy tale that you have found the most amazing person on earth.

Time I am afraid will prove your faith ill founded. [wordsonsergebenhayon.blogspot.com.au]

Current Page: 65 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.