Current Page: 72 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: July 26, 2012 10:33AM

COncerned Partner

The bottom line is however, we are here and they are there because we wont accept those claims on any level. There is no payoff for us to do so. Humans are motivated by emotional pay-offs, so there is some thing in those that do believe, not wrong or bad, but different to our motivations. I am sure if UM was just about healing, self nurturing, alternative therapies, meditation ( as many of us thought it was for a long time) then this blog and all the other attention would not exist and we would all be sitting around happily with the world a better place for it.

Thank you Concerned Partner. I have no problem with love and healing nor do any of us. My problem with Serge and UM, is that he says its all about choice, but then gives his followers no choice excpet his because if you truely follow his teachings, everything that is not a UM way of life is energetically aligned to prana. Therefore the student who believes Serge Benhayon can only live by his doctrine or they will have too much prana and reincarnate into a new life of misery and suffering. Serge says he gives choice but if you listen to him and read his books there is no choice if you choose to believe what he says. The students who follow him and believe him feel love, I have no doubt, but this love, surely comes with conditions and you can see this from the posts of his students. Yes they love serge, yes their life is better now, we can't doubt that, but they also compare and make out that the rest of us are suffering because we are not following the UM's way of being. If you follow Serge there is no other path, and that for me is the problem. Society must be based on all points of view on all ways of living on different ways of expressing oneself. Serge's esoteric way doesn't allow anyone else to have any other opinion on living a peaceful calm and loving life, and this is where Serge and his followers become very arrogant. I try to follow a peaceful calm life as well but to Serge my way of life would be pranic and ill expressed. To anyone in UM, they would feel the same. They are making judgements on the rest of us and unfortunately that has led us to make judgements on them.

I have put some quotes in from Serge to see how if you followed him you wouldn't deviate from anything he said

SB The Way of the Initiation

The pranic path is not an innocent mistake - it is the end, or, the ongoing result of an ill momentum pg 114

We lay down the energetic path we reincarnate into - forget this not pg 35

Alcohol, drugs, gambling, religion, current forms of education, spiritual energy and teh spiritual new age light with all its books, false healing modalities, courses, workshops and its many teachers/gurus will all be exposed as being the direct hand of the Lords of Form (prana) pg 664

[end quote SB The Way of the Initiation]

I love the way Serge groups drugs and alcohol in with yoga and meditation. I just love that. So any UM followers please note that none of this would have happened if you just allowed other people to have their own way of living peacefully and lovingly with good intentions. This is where Serge pushes the boat to far. Anyone who is truely love and light doesn't need to create this divide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: July 26, 2012 05:53PM

Another prediction from Serge:

"The future of man lies in the ability to self-realise as the Son of God on Earth. As this occurs between now and 250 years from now, the re-awakening of the Divine Hermaphrodite will slowly re-appear. They will not be freaks as man will be intellectually more advanced and well forewarned of this appearance"

Once again, according to Serge, that pesky pranic intellect is going to come in handy in the future.

Date: July 26, 2012 09:28PM

Gibbs
People have the right to make their own choices. We should respect that.

No laws are being broken. No civil crimes being committed. Other than an easily correctable mistake in registering food supplements which will be sorted one way or another.

So far it seems if we are to make count of the people that have come forward (accurate or not) we have a landslide in favor of the merits of UM.

1. "People have the right to make their own choices. We should respect that."
Many would argue that in order to make a choice one must be capable of rational thought, have examined all available evidence, and employ their capacity for critical thinking. The question we are asking is whether these people have been brainwashed by a manipulative leader within the issolative confines of a destructive cult, and weather these people are capable of making a choice, or whether Serge is making it for them. We should respect these individuals by examining the truth of the claims against Serge and Universal Medicine rather than take the word of his thought reformed followers.

2. "No laws are being broken. No civil crimes being committed. Other than an easily correctable mistake in registering food supplements which will be sorted one way or another."
By his own admission Serge is willfully selling goods through marketing their claimed therapeutic benefits without the approval of the Therapeautic Goods Administration. And using these claims to achieve an unfair advantage over his law abiding competitors, at a markup up over 200% a markup which is validated to the unsuspecting consumer by these unsubstantiated and illegal claims. For someone who holds multiple copyrights, and has started up his own association which he administers to protect his competitive advantage, you would think he would have a fair understanding of how bureaucracy works or is that only when it benefits him?

3. "So far it seems if we are to make count of the people that have come forward (accurate or not) we have a landslide in favor of the merits of UM."
This comes back to my first comment. This depends how much value you put on people who are coming forward of their own free will, and have examined all the available information and are utilising critical thought processes. If we are talking about the number of people who fit that description I would argue the 'detractors' are ahead. And regardless without the alternative point of view how can "merits" be defined.

## edited for spelling ##

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2012 09:43PM by knowledge_is_king.

Date: July 27, 2012 06:23AM

[m.echonews.com.au]

Hmmm. Very interesting. The same refrain. Everything is someone elses fault.

Lets do a quick fact check.

I- know of 27 disgruntled partners of family members stretching across Australia and the UK
-These are just ones that have bothered to make contact. We have also heard of lots that have just given up and are no longer interested in the whole sorry affair.
-We are all aware of others 'laying low' for fear of ending their fragile relationships
- There are also a lot of people in various communities affected in their own way, and not happy.
-While I am sure not all of these relationships were perfect and they may have fallen apart anyway, it seems a recurrent theme is these people are good, decent, open minded, mostly dont drink and the only abuse that has happened has been their partner/family member clamming up and going strange over UM and a few raised voices trying to get some sense out of them.
-I am not in Bangalow and nor are most of the people I am in contact with-, nd I dont know of these 4 people so now we have more to add to our potential list. thanks.

What else? Oh yeah. It was not anyone kicking this off as a revenge of some bitter twisted abusive men as seems to be the mantra of Serge and the crew; though I am surprised that didn't happen. It was the TGA investigation that led to the MO article that led to the interest by the media that led to the ongoing media. In fact it was a time bomb waiting to go off. The TGA investigation WAS underway before anything else happened. There is an attempt to water it down to a 'gentle' over sight and to take ownership after the fact in the name of 'integrity' which is very funny, but not true, as the one saying it is well aware that the person at the TGA to whom they spoke simply didnt know where to find the file. But good spin anyway.

And let's not forget to mention the real issue and why this debate is even happening. It is not about the TGA or any other issue or oversight. It is about people we love adhering to scary doctrines that have been outlined here, are freely available online or at bookstores or as audio downloads. You may have noticed a spike in sales lately and it may not be adoring fans...It is about these people believing in the fantastic idea that someone is a master from another plane here to save the world from our delusions, and whether they know it or not ( not it seems) their behavior changing so much over time it is frightening to the ones that love them.

The interesting thing is that the media has flushed out lots of those people that were complacent or had given up before. No, it is a lot more than 4 random men than indicated in this somewhat apologetic article. and growing.

Date: July 27, 2012 06:23AM

[m.echonews.com.au]

I know of 27 disgruntled partners of family members stretching across Australia and the UK
-These are just ones that have bothered to make contact. We have also heard of lots that have just given up and are no longer interested in the whole sorry affair.
-We are all aware of others 'laying low' for fear of ending their fragile relationships
- There are also a lot of people in various communities affected in their own way, and not happy.
-While I am sure not all of these relationships were perfect and they may have fallen apart anyway, it seems a recurrent theme is these people are good, decent, open minded, most don't drink, and were/are prepared to make lifestyle changes- the only abuse that has happened has been their partner/family member clamming up and going strange over UM and a few raised voices trying to get some sense out of them.
-I am not in Bangalow and nor are most of the people I am in contact with- and we don't know of these 4 people so now we have more to add to our potential list. thanks.

What else? Oh yeah. It was not anyone kicking this off as a revenge of some bitter twisted abusive men as seems to be the mantra of Serge and the crew; though I am surprised that didn't happen. It was the TGA investigation that led to the MO article that led to the interest by the media that led to the ongoing media. In fact it was a time bomb waiting to go off. The TGA investigation WAS underway before anything else happened. There was 10 years before this to correct this 'over sight' and now there is an attempt to water it down to a 'gentle' over sight and to take ownership long after lthe fact in the name of 'integrity' -which is very funny, but not true, as the one saying it is well aware that the person at the TGA to whom they spoke simply didn't know where to find the file. But good spin anyway.

And let's not forget to mention the real issue and why this debate is even happening. It is not about the TGA or any other issue or oversight. It is about people we love adhering to scary doctrines that have been outlined here, are freely available online or at bookstores or as audio downloads. You may have noticed a spike in sales lately and it may not be adoring fans...It is about these people believing in the fantastic idea that someone is a master from another plane here to save the world from our delusions, and whether they know it or not ( not it seems) their behavior changing so much over time it is frightening to the ones that love them.

The interesting thing is that the media has flushed out lots of those people that were complacent or had given up before. No, it is a lot more than the 4 random men indicated in this somewhat apologetic article. And growing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 06:27AM by COncerned Partner.

Date: July 27, 2012 06:40AM

Well said K_I_K. It's worth noting that the comments being made by students have been requested by Serge.

"What to do – if you feel to…
Rebecca has just created and posted a blog site, which we can as a student body comment on to help correct the lies. Please observe to not react, that is, to not write in reaction to the lies as this will only feed them more words to manipulate on their unscrupulous blogs sites and forums.  Of course, it is only expected that you write your truth.

Furthermore, if you wish to make comment on Facebook be aware that reactionary one-liners will only be food for the malcontents. Anything that is truth-full, and experienced by you is respectfully requested. Rather than reference the articles, it is not about defending the allegations, it is about us telling the truth - and that truth is how these teachings have greatly assisted us in our daily lives. No need to be fluffy – just truth-full"

I'm not suggesting anyone has been has been commanded to defend Serge or UM, but a request was sent out to do so, and to be 'truth-full' rather than 'fluffy'. As a side note, Serge deleted a recent Facebook update on his profile, which criticized the use of FB as a forum for discussion as the influence of 'astral forces'. So I guess he has no problem with people being influenced by 'astral forces' if they are defending his cash cow. While I don't doubt the sincerity of the students regarding the positive health changes they may have made via UM (i for one have never had an issue with this element per se), the comments are still largely 'fluffy' in the repeated claims of Serge's profound wisdom, love and integrity, and not entirely 'truth-full' when one considers the complete avoidance or in some cases denial of the bizarre claims and/or general cultish belief system that drives UM.

If the leaders Scientology (another cult-like belief system whose founder, like Serge, also authored very poorly written works of science fiction) asked it's followers to relay their positive experiences while avoiding any mention of the organizations bizarre and unfounded beliefs, I'm sure an equally benign picture could be portrayed in its defense.

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: July 27, 2012 07:06AM

As Quoted from the Anna Maria web site: (annamariacom.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-australian-cult)

"Serge had a brilliant idea that couldn't lose. Gullible women looking for that elusive "something" missing from their lives have had their prayers answered and Serge was clever enough to put a name to it - he says his female students have merely discovered the "livingness of love" from his "esoteric way of life."

Date: July 27, 2012 07:28AM

John lazuras
As Quoted from the Anna Maria web site: (annamariacom.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-australian-cult)

"Serge had a brilliant idea that couldn't lose. Gullible women looking for that elusive "something" missing from their lives have had their prayers answered and Serge was clever enough to put a name to it - he says his female students have merely discovered the "livingness of love" from his "esoteric way of life."

Thanks John, just adding an active link:
[annamariacom.blogspot.com.au]

Date: July 27, 2012 09:12AM

COncerned Partner
http://m.echonews.com.au/story/2012/07/26/healer-denies-cult-claims/

I know of 27 disgruntled partners of family members stretching across Australia and the UK
-While I am sure not all of these relationships were perfect and they may have fallen apart anyway, it seems a recurrent theme is these people are good, decent, open minded, most don't drink, and were/are prepared to make lifestyle changes- the only abuse that has happened has been their partner/family member clamming up and going strange over UM and a few raised voices trying to get some sense out of them.
-I am not in Bangalow and nor are most of the people I am in contact with- and we don't know of these 4 people so now we have more to add to our potential list. thanks.

What else? Oh yeah. It was not anyone kicking this off as a revenge of some bitter twisted abusive men as seems to be the mantra of Serge and the crew; though I am surprised that didn't happen. It was the TGA investigation that led to the MO article that led to the interest by the media that led to the ongoing media. In fact it was a time bomb waiting to go off. The TGA investigation WAS underway before anything else happened. There was 10 years before this to correct this 'over sight' and now there is an attempt to water it down to a 'gentle' over sight and to take ownership long after lthe fact in the name of 'integrity' -which is very funny, but not true, as the one saying it is well aware that the person at the TGA to whom they spoke simply didn't know where to find the file. But good spin anyway.

The interesting thing is that the media has flushed out lots of those people that were complacent or had given up before. No, it is a lot more than the 4 random men indicated in this somewhat apologetic article. And growing.

CP another interesting and well written article appearing Medical Observer this week supporting your argument above:

[www.medicalobserver.com.au]

[Start quote of article from Medical Observer

TGA’s urgent Universal inquiry

THE Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has accused controversial alternative medicine group Universal Medicine of selling unregistered remedies and launched an urgent investigation into the products “to protect the public”.

The TGA said Universal was selling some alternative treatments in dosage packs, which “therefore meet the definition of therapeutic goods as they make general therapeutic claims for use in humans”. 

Universal’s website advertises three Eso-Herbs, selling at $40 per 100g, of which one, Connection Herbs, claims to “promote fire in the lungs and therefore help to dispel any dampness in the lungs. Also good for lymphatics and sinuses.”

Its Harmony Herbs are also claimed to be “good for dealing with hardening of the connective tissue especially around the chest and arms and also hardening of the vascular system”.

“They also help to support harmony in the liver,” read a claim on Universal’s website.

A TGA spokesperson said the administration was “concerned that these goods are not included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods and have not been evaluated by the TGA as the law requires”.

“In order to protect the public, this matter is being urgently investigated by the TGA, with the sponsor being required to achieve compliance with the regulatory requirements of Australia’s therapeutic goods legislation,” the spokesperson said.

Pharmaceuticals campaigner and La Trobe University public health lecturer Dr Ken Harvey said Universal “appear to be in breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act and the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code by promoting and selling herbal and other products without listing them on the [Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods]”.

Universal did not respond to MO’s request for comment.

[End quoted article from Medical Observer]

I will leave it to the objective reader to decide whether they want to take the words from Serge who has been shown on record to have lied and confessed false claims as relayed quit subjectively by the Northern Rivers Echo a small local paper under Serge's shadow, or the words direct from the Thereapeautic Goods Admimistration itself that it is “concerned that these goods are not included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods and have not been evaluated by the TGA as the law requires”, which was the true reason for them initiating the investigation, as quoted in the Medical Observer one of Australia's leading Medical publications with a readership of over 28,000 Australian Medical Professionals. Written by a trained journalist with over 10 years of journalism experience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 09:18AM by knowledge_is_king.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 27, 2012 09:20AM

MacReady
Another prediction from Serge:

"The future of man lies in the ability to self-realise as the Son of God on Earth. As this occurs between now and 250 years from now, the re-awakening of the Divine Hermaphrodite will slowly re-appear. They will not be freaks as man will be intellectually more advanced and well forewarned of this appearance"

Once again, according to Serge, that pesky pranic intellect is going to come in handy in the future.

Um...I'm not a medical professional, but doesn't the rare hermaphrodite occur all the time? Don't doctors make the educated choice to eliminate the less well developed gender at birth and the resulting child develop normally along those gender lines?

I am unaware of a fully functioning (both sexes, equally) hermaphrodite adult, either today or in the past.

Perhaps I am wrong.

Perhaps Serge is merely an uneducated, abusive cult leader saying things that have no logical meaning.

Current Page: 72 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.