Current Page: 26 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: September 18, 2012 09:51AM

Dear Worried Mom,

There is a pastor of a church in Wells who has posted on this thread. You might want to contact him. My husband and I were in a similar cult and I realize how hard it is for family and friends to understand the intense influence and control that these groups have on their members. One of the best things you can do is educate yourself on cult dynamics. There are a lot of good articles on Rick Ross' website. There are also many excellent memoirs from former cult members that may help you understand the how normal people can become involved in cults.

Many people eventually leave their cults and the understanding and acceptance of their friends and families are paramount. Cult recovery is so difficult, but it is possible if former members receive good counseling and seek out support from other former cult members.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: September 21, 2012 08:41PM

Hi, I know everyone is busy with back to school and such but I wanted to encourage all of you to continue to keep our children and friends in prayer. The Lord brought me to Luke 18:1-8 yesterday, it is the parable of the unrelenting widow who keeps coming to the judge crying out for justice. I love that Jesus uses this parable to describe how we should keep coming to Him with our prayers and that He promises that He will bring justice for His chosen ones! Do not get discouraged, God's timing is perfect. Stay in prayer and in the word of God. Jesus came to set the captives free and this promise includes our children and loved ones.
If anyone wants to join me, I am going to be purposefully in prayer on Tuesday. (Sept 25th)
Have a great week fellow warriors, put on your full armor, listen for the voice of God and "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1Thess 5:16-18)

Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: September 21, 2012 09:47PM

My devotion was from Ps 30:5..."joy comes in the morning." weeping only lasts for a season, joy comes. Period. What a wonderful word that was to me!

Posted by: jasmine ()
Date: September 23, 2012 12:44AM

Amen!

Posted by: TristanSH ()
Date: October 03, 2012 04:11AM

My brother is in this cult. He's only been there for around a year and a half, but he seems to have become some sort of a leader there.

He recently got married, and his wife just posted a photo (on Facebook, but visible to anyone) from the wedding showing what she implies is the entire membership of the church (which she describes as her "family".) I count 72 people in the photo.

Not sure if this forum will allow me to post a link to the photo, but here it is: Photo from Holly P. Click on the "view larger" button on the top right corner of the photo to see it full size.

Date: October 03, 2012 06:31AM

Welcome to the group, Tristan. Be very careful what you post publicly. I saw the picture also. I can tell you that I didn't see some of the faces I know are part of the group. I even had the picture enlarged just to make sure.

Feel free to private message any one of us. We support each other, pray for one another and listen when there is a need to vent or cry. Please give my best wishes to your parents...

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: October 03, 2012 08:10AM

Hi Tristan, I met your brother last year. He approached me and started to make accusations about me. A bit surprising considering I did not know him and he certainly does not know me. Unfortunately, that is one of the traits of this group, external judgement, a very dangerous practice. In fact, that's what the pharisees did to Jesus and much to their shame, they missed the true identity of the Son of God. Be assured that we are praying for the release of all of the members of this cult. That the true light of God would shine upon them and set them free from the evil that currently blinds them. Jesus came to set the captives free! Praise God! Stand strong. Stay in the word of God and keep these lost sheep in prayer. The prodigals will return to their homes.

Posted by: worriedmother ()
Date: October 03, 2012 09:20AM

Amen!

Date: October 03, 2012 09:57AM

Amen and amen!

Date: October 04, 2012 04:15AM

From my devotion this morning, "Prayers for Prodigals":
Isaiah 49:25 "...I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save." The enemy has assaulted my family fiercely and taken my child "captive to do his will." (2Tim. 2:26) He has tried to steal that which belongs to You. Go after the enemy, Lord! Take back what is Yours. Save my child, Father. I pray that she will come to her "senses and escape from the trap of the devil." Wake her up in the enemy's camp and "provide a way out." (1Cor. 10:13) Unlock the chains on her hands and feet and heart and let her run to You! I ask You to bring back my daughter and ALL that has been stolen from us. Strike down the enemy and bring this matter to a firm and final end. Let the victory be today, Lord Jesus!"

Hope this encourages you as well!

Current Page: 26 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.