Current Page: 27 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Date: August 21, 2011 01:18AM

I had retired almost two years earlier, so it would not matter if they continued to attack me, so long as the others could branch out, take on new names, create their own web sites, produce their own material (as well as using whatever material from me that they wanted, on the understanding that they were just pushing the message and not the guy who wrote it).

(Thank you for the posting here, Apollo)

Delusions of Grandeur on McKays' part firstly portraying himself as the "selfless" foot soldier, who'll bravely lead the enemy astray from the main body of soldiers...and then secondly, in David's vainglorious hopes for his "newsboys", particularly I note the transparent psychological "rationalization" that McKay has instructed them all NOT to promote him when using his writings (which of course would be the natural consequence of further sales of his writings.....continued self-promotion (that he feigns disinterest in) would be his greatest wish).....I think he's so sick now, that he half believes, the bullshit of his own pretence.

No wonder Sue (Roland's wife!) advised Sisi to ignore him....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 21, 2011 01:21AM

How was it Jon Ronson described him? Please remind us zeuszor.

Date: August 21, 2011 03:37AM

zeuszor
Here's a Waybacked copy of the old Greedbusters page.
[web.archive.org]

WTF!

Date: August 21, 2011 04:12AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 04:13AM by Apollo.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 21, 2011 08:38AM

Apollo
How was it Jon Ronson described him? Please remind us zeuszor.

Jon Ronson has described DM in numerous non-complimentary ways. What do you mean?

Date: August 21, 2011 08:40AM

Apollo
zeuszor
[web.archive.org]

WTF!

Greedbusters was a post-Split "sister community," if memory serves. This is an archived copy that was removed from the web proper years ago. You just have to know where to look...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 08:42AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 21, 2011 08:46AM

Or here's what the old JesusChristians.com looked like back on May 19, 2001, when it was first registered. Neat, huh?

[web.archive.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 08:47AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 21, 2011 09:18AM

zeuszor
Apollo
zeuszor
[web.archive.org]

WTF!
I'd saved it.

Greedbusters was a post-Split "sister community," if memory serves. This is an archived copy that was removed from the web proper years ago. You just have to know where to look...

OK, this was purely Craig's thing. My mistake. Sorry, Apostate.

But then, there was another sister-community website as well, one that contained a photo of the whole group taken not long after the split and all dressed as clowns, while standing outside of a van all smiling together.

It was removed from the web, gosh, five years ago or so. I wish I could remember its name, that website. Wish I'd saved it, too. Will keep looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 09:22AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 21, 2011 01:16PM

Ephesians 4:14-15
New International Version (NIV)

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.
15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

How very apt, Malcolm. I had no idea that the bible addressed such issues.
I take it that this is not one of the passages that Wanker Dave Mckay has chosen to highlight and sermonise on.

Date: August 21, 2011 08:45PM

zeuszor
zeuszor
Apollo
zeuszor
[web.archive.org]

WTF!
I'd saved it.

OK, this was purely Craig's thing. My mistake. Sorry, Apostate.

But then, there was another sister-community website as well, one that contained a photo of the whole group taken not long after the split and all dressed as clowns, while standing outside of a van all smiling together.

It was removed from the web, gosh, five years ago or so. I wish I could remember its name, that website. Wish I'd saved it, too. Will keep looking.

So ''Greedbusters'' was Craig, his wife and two kids?

Current Page: 27 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.