Current Page: 64 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman Cult
Posted by: surfer54 ()
Date: January 23, 2011 02:10PM

The Tarantino's and Mike Rampulla are both in Colorado. Mike R got in touch with me via Facebook and I got in touch with Bob T via Facebook....I attempted to correspond with Mike but when I asked any questions about the past, present goings on with "the Family" he became very defensive...so, as far as I'm concerned they're still stuck in the past...I've moved on, and thank God I had kids after I left the community and had no other family involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Concerned1220 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 01:30PM

Here's a question that might be more appropriate, and again please excuse me if i break any forum rules. But can we maybe talk about who particularly we should be suspicious of within the group? My interest obviously is in Maine, but it may be good for others like me to hear about any individuals regardless of location. Who is it that could allegedly be victimizing children? Any shady characters that you guys would warn your own children about? Anyone known within the group to be potentially harmful?

Posted by: surfer54 ()
Date: January 25, 2011 02:39PM

Well, this is just my opinion, but all these "community" people are controlling, brain washing individuals.When these type of people (and oh yes I'm generalizing) don't get their way the potential, the very great potential exists for physical violence, let alone mental and emotional abuse of the "victims" who may have the audacity to question them. In other words subjecting yourself and/or your children to these type of individuals greatly raises the risk of yourself/children being emotionally, mentally and yes physically harmed. If it's a witch hunt you're looking for, I doubt if anyone on this board will divulge names, etc. It's been 30 years since I even spoke to any of these individuals, so personally I don't have a clue as to who could be harmful. I do remember stories though of beatings by the elders, etc especially to those youth who were obviously the "chosen" ones, for example, Kenny U, etc.

Posted by: truthseeker2 ()
Date: January 25, 2011 10:56PM

To all who claim children were abused in the past by this cult or that adults have been threatened if they leave:
Being a cult is not a crime. However using religious rewards to coerce people to engage in acts that they otherwise would not or threatening harm will come if they leave IS a crime (regardless of age). It is imprisonment. If anyone has real facts about these things happening past or present and does not come forward, they are enabling this cult to continue in their "abusive" manner". I do not agree with this "save yourself" mentality. If you do not want to come forward here then contact the police chief over Corinna, Maine or Lafayette/Boulder or possibly Lyons Colorado (most are in that area, many share the same address with multiple house numbers, camp??). You can also call Temple Beth El in Portland, Maine where some are members. This is a typical conservative temple - not part of their cult. They may want to be warned (by more than just one person) of the possible threat. You can also pm me and I will gladly forward any real facts to the proper authorities to investigate. I do not believe anyone here has to prove anything. Simply report facts to the proper governing authority and they will take it from there.

Posted by: miruta ()
Date: January 26, 2011 02:49AM

I can't believe that I have found this forum more than I can believe I first experienced JH's group years ago. I was never family or a member. But I was deeply in love with one. It was a long time ago and we were young and I believed that I may have married this person. I never knew everything about the group but I knew enough to be very freaked out. Maybe this is why I found this forum, to know that i didn't mistake in forgoing great love. But it still breaks my heart to think about so many beautiful, truly well-meaning hearts that lost a lifetime of potential to choose their own paths (with God). And so I don't understand how no one has (or will) go to the authorities with what they know. How many generations have to suffer? I'm only an outsider and have already suffered because of the power of groupthink. And this is nothing compared to anyone who has been abused, who have led limited lives.

Not too long ago, I read an account of brother-sister incest. A family friend intervened and the perpetrator was sent to jail. And one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever read was the words of the perpetrator who thanked God because someone stopped him. This may be a strong example but it is a worthy one. Almost every one of us is built with an internal compass and though outside factors may temper it, it's still there. I pray that through all of you former members the truth will be shown. You have helped me in the little way you were able to. Please do the same for the victims.

Posted by: truthseeker2 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 06:23AM

AMEN!!!

Posted by: dkj17 ()
Date: March 04, 2011 06:43AM

I have just found this forum and am in the process of reading through it. I was up until 3 am last night as it was hard to stop. I was a member of this group from 1973 until the infamous meeting in January of 1982. I was adopted into the family and while, not inner circle, I had close friends who were elders or held other "higher up" positions. My daughter attended Ganon (sp?), the pre-school in East Meadow and would have started at Bet El that fall. Although it's more than 25 years ago, I remember those last days and the recovery afterward quite clearly. It was a painful time as I waited to see what my close friends and even my husband would decide to do. Are you "in" or "out" was a familiar question asked. Many of my close friends eventually made the decision to leave. Of those that stayed, I've no contact over the years outside of one person very briefly.

Reading these posts, I have to admit that I've been short sighted about the continued impact of the Community on the people still involved and their children. I was in many ways happy to just be done with it and focus on the positive things it brought to life, such as life long friendships and a stability in life that I don't know that I would have found for myself.

I now find myself extremely concerned for the children of these people who I once knew so well. While being open and honest about my past membership in a cult, with my children, friends and acquaintances, I have not considered the impact on the next generation. I am so sorry for your pain and confusion. I am not sure exactly what I can offer that would be helpful, but if any of you have any ideas, I offer my assistance.

My first instinct is to say, if anyone needs assistance in leaving or finding a place to live, I am willing to provide that. I don't have a lot of financial resources, but know others that might be willing to help with whatever is needed past that. Counseling has been very helpful to me to process my emotions and make realistic decisions, so anyone knows how that could be facilitated, again I would do what I can.

Re: Jack Hickman Cult Shoresh Yashi
Posted by: marvin ()
Date: March 06, 2011 03:56AM

I am so sorry about what happened to you. Don was a good person at the time I met him, 1792, and was always there for me in good times and bad times such as when my father passed away. he actually married me and my ex-wife in the old Christ Lutheran church. Both my ex and I are born Jews so we were treated very well. I eventually was elcted as one of the family elders and stayed as one for the last 3 years of the community. After that night when it all fell apart I left and never returned. My ex still believs in jesus as the messiah but she also never returned to the family or community. Don and Alesce (sp?) were always great to us and never showed any behavior or actions thought would have lead to me questioning anything. I last spoke with Don the night before he moved to Maine. I called him after over 20 years to ask him to call my ex as she was about to undergo major surgery and she wanted to hear from him and asked himn to pray for her. Please fell free to contact me if you want. Once again I am so sorry for your pain.

Date: March 06, 2011 03:59AM

Thank you for doing all the research and posting these articles. I am saddened to find that even after 30 years the family is still active and growing.

Date: March 06, 2011 04:03AM

Welcome to this group and thank you for your kindness and offer to help people who seek it out. My advice is to be very careful and alert if anyone contacts you. Members of the fmaily that have existed for tjis long must be skilled in hiding their identities and beliefs. Please be careful and do not offer to meet anyone unless you have friends with you.

Current Page: 64 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.