Current Page: 19 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: resu ()
Date: April 10, 2009 04:08AM

Debby5089
More than you would believe they are in Maine, Florida, and Colorado they have a meeting once a year in Maine I also know of a cell in Texas, Rich and Phil are leading Maine. Gary is in Colorado with the Bob V..Its bigger and stronger then ever. Spans across the country. They draw money under dummy company names much how Jack hid the monies he took from his followers. Follow the names of people in the past on facebook and you will get the picture as to the locations of the cult very interesting where the people from the past and their children now live,

Gary is not in Colorado these days.
He lives in Southern Maine, just north of Portland, with his wife, Lynn and child. I met him once and heard him speak while on a camping weekend in Eastern Maine last year (2008).
The way I saw it, Gary's the one in charge in Maine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bigdaddy ()
Date: April 17, 2009 10:22PM

I was a member and adopted in around the second wave of people brought in. I was not part of the "inner circle", but was friends with some that were. For me personally I was actually relieved when the crap hit the fan, because I was just TIRED of trying to live as an Orthodox Jew and keep up with the "ABBAITES". Unfortunately what happened after that was a falling away from the Lord for about 15 years. I'm way beyond blaming them for what happened- I was strongly warned by my best friend ( a Jewish believer in Jesus) not to get involved, but I did anyway even though I had many misgivings, but for personal reasons I did. In the beginning I loved the sense of community that we shared, and was learning a lot from Jack's teachings. The main problem was that I was being taken away from that sweet personal relationship I had with Jesus that was so important to me, and like the Galatians was more focused on The Law. I remember fondly in the beginning the fun camping and spending Shabbot weekends with closest of friends and the keeping Kosher and Hebrew prayers, learning Hebrew, etc. Unfortunately everything took a turn down the road of legalism, Christian despising, and a great deal of peer pressure to follow the latest trend of Orthodoxy. It took me a while to get beyond all of this as well as a return to wordly things to return as a prodigal son to The King of Kings and being back involved with a healthy Christian Fellowship and always remember that "all things work to good to them who love God and are called to His purpose"

Date: April 26, 2009 04:03PM

even in private messages?

Re: Jack Hickman Cult Shoresh Yashi
Date: April 26, 2009 06:47PM

why couldn't they prosecute him? wasn't the testimony of the children enough?

peace and love,

Date: April 26, 2009 07:09PM

the olsen's and newman's and tarantino's are all in.

peace and love,

Date: April 26, 2009 09:09PM

d. christensen is in & lives in maine with husband f. duda.

g. delalio is in & lives in Colorado.

Date: May 12, 2009 01:10AM

beyondeverythingnow: I can't imagine people not trying to prosecute him. He probably wormed his way out of it though.

Date: May 23, 2009 03:50PM

does anyone know what he died of? was he 70 yo when he died?

has anyone heard what the latest teachings, activities, etc are?

Posted by: pequagirl ()
Date: June 11, 2009 08:45PM

I have been reading this forum for years and have both knowledge and questions. Here is my story. I grew up in St Johns Lutheran Church with pastors Hove and Hickman. When I say "grew up" I mean that I spend much of my free time there as a child and teenager- until I went away to a Lutheran College. I was in Sunday school, bell choir, choir, catechism, Luther League etc. I listened to Hove and Hickman give sermons on Sunday and I hung out at Hickman's bachelor pad and went to Jones Beach with him and the other Luther Leaguers. I grew up believing that what I was taught and lived was the TRUTH. And then, little by little, Jack revealed himself and the TRUTH morphed. First, they became "born again Charismatics" and then the Christian trappings fell away and were replaced by Jewish things because "Jeshua" was Jewish. Then there was the pilgrimage to Spain to trace Hickman's real roots. Who does that if it's a lie? My family followed him and I lost my parents and my children lost their grandparents. I say lost because i did not follow them. I had married outside "the family" and was torn for years. For years I felt there were only 2 choices: either my parents and many friends were right and my husband and I were lost or my parents were following a madman and they were lost. I solved this dilemma by turning off my spiritual life: it seemed easier to feel nothing than to feel pain and confusion. I still go to Maine and see my friends and family as well as Gary and Lynn and even John Hove. They are all really really nice to me and seem super normal. We do not talk about "the elephant in the living room" and I still struggle. I dare not ask questions because for years we have not talked religion. I do not know what they are awaiting but it is often referred to " when the @#$ hits the fan". I'm pretty sure they are prepared for a catrastrophy and each time I come away with that feeling of discontent and fear. What if they are "right" ?

Posted by: damaged13 ()
Date: June 12, 2009 12:38PM

pequagirl
For years I felt there were only 2 choices: either my parents and many friends were right and my husband and I were lost or my parents were following a madman and they were lost. I solved this dilemma by turning off my spiritual life: it seemed easier to feel nothing than to feel pain and confusion.

Wow that is a perfect way to describe it.

pequagirl
I still go to Maine and see my friends and family...They are all really really nice to me and seem super normal. We do not talk about "the elephant in the living room" and I still struggle. I dare not ask questions because for years we have not talked religion. I do not know what they are awaiting but it is often referred to " when the @#$ hits the fan". I'm pretty sure they are prepared for a catrastrophy and each time I come away with that feeling of discontent and fear. What if they are "right" ?

Even though I know in my head I made the right decision by leaving, I still have moments, a lot of them actually, where I get that fear, of "what if they are right?" I go through life feeling constantly uneasy, like I'm waiting for this thing to happen even though I am pretty sure it never will. I can't shake it.

And BTW describing it as "when the blank hits the fan" is, in my opinion, just a way of making what is supposed to happen so vague that when it does NOT happen it will be easier to lie to themselves and change the plan AGAIN. I wonder who is making the prophecies these days? If they are still going on Hickman's last one, what will they do when that does not come to pass? Or maybe he smartened up toward the end and stopped mentioning exact dates.

Current Page: 19 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.