Current Page: 79 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: exfollower ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:23PM

Sallie
Strange.
Dennis caught Jack Hickman's seed as a young minor and yet he didn't exactly rise up through the ranks of this cult.

But Richie, RICHIE WALSH, the older brother/overseer/caretaker? of young Dennis is now one of the top members?

dennis left after that; he was 'on track' to be 'one of the big wigs'.

he was questioning many things, in the 'family', & himself.

he was "shunned" bigtime. we were told -"don't talk to him, till he repents!"

hmm... i wonder why the big guy didn't want anyone talking to him... oh, now we know why!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exfollower ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:42PM

Sallie
I read and heard more than once that this group openly shames and humiliates young people who chose a homosexual lifestyle??
Something very alarming about that.
Very.
Isn't Gary the number one guy? Don't the youth know that both he and his wife are homosexuals.?
I always assumed it was a known fact.

I assumed that they are ''masquerading'' as heterosexuals for the outsiders. So the outsiders wouldn't condemn the group for having a homosexual leader..
But WITHIN this group they try to pose as heterosexuals???
That makes no sense. It's as if there is still an ''inner circle'' thing happening.....even within this group??
It makes no sense..
What sort of spin and crazed teachings do OPEN homosexuals do in order to make another man feel ashamed for being gay?
I don't understand. Are they not really open...even within the group??? Maybe things have really changed via the re-location???

whether JH was gay or not, he was a sick, deluded predator.

let's not confuse being gay (homosexual), with sexual abuse, abuse of power, and child molesting.

even if (insert name) was gay, the fact that JH, (or another leader, adult) abused them is a totally different thing.

i did know a few people who 'realized' they were gay and then, knowing they couldn't 'live a lie' - left the 'family' for a better, more normal life.

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: July 12, 2011 12:43AM

Exfollower,
.Seems we agree wholeheartedly. People should never be shamed or humiliated I may personally disagree with a moral decision but, in our country we are still afforded the right to express ourselves differently. I agree with you that we should follow the laws that govern our land. America may not be perfect but we still have decent laws. IMO

Posted by: Lightdancer7 ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:35AM

I have spent over 10 years searching for any information on this group and finally found this fourm last night. I grew up in St John's Lutheran Church and was part of the Hickman's following when it first started in the late 60s. I was friends with Dennis Walsh, Gail Gibbons, Nancy Gerdes (if these names mean anything) --even though my family moved away in 69 I stayed connected to these friends and moved back ASAP to become part of the community. At first we were just a group of kids who were hanging out with the Youth Minister, Jack Hickman (whom we called Pastor Jack or PJ for short ). Soon there with 'prophecies' "given" through PJ or one of us youth (myself included -- I now still wonder about that). Ground Hogs Sunday in 69 is when everything started changing. Though I was there in the beginning I was not necessarily in the 'inner circle' once my family moved and I moved back. I was always feeling like a kid looking at the candy through the plate glass front of the store.

When I moved back (left school to do so) and began part of the community and later adopted into the "family". I was ketubahhed to a young man who was on the outter 'fringe'....though in the end we ended up getting a ghett and not marrying. It has taken me years to start to listen to the inner yearning of my spiritual side to try to find something fulfilling spiritually. I have been in contact with a few families that left the community but honestly they are still as hurt and broken as myself when it comes to this. I have tried for years to find some of the ppl I was once close with ....Gail Gibbons, Deb Schultz, Bob and Jane Hicks, Judy Utting (and her parents Joan and Bob), Nancy Gerdes to name a few, to no avail.

It does not surprise me that Phil and Richie rose to power. Their brothers who started as the 'called ones' were viewed with envy for a while. I know personally that Dennis had a hard time at home...his father was hard on him because he was too much of a sissy and could never measure up to Richie. I rode to church with them for years when I was but a young girl. Dennis and I were extremely close and when he was shunned and we were told to stay away from him it broke my heart. We were close friends and I loved him so. Yes I'm sure Dennis was gay....so what...that didn't give Hickman the right to molest him and then make him hate himself and blame himself for the abuse. When he was shunned I remember his mother June Walsh being so heartbroken because as a mother who loved and tried to protect her child from the bullying in their own house from Richie and the father because of his 'sissy' ways....(For those who do not know Dennis was a very talented artist with a BEYOND beautiful voice. I lost track of my dear friend once he left....I was railed against by Hickman for attempting to keep in touch with Dennis. I hope that my dear beloved friend found peace and acceptance by the end of his life.

I am surprised to hear that the community still exists in CO and ME. I know John Hove left and became part of a Jewish group. I attempted to contact him once since he and my mother were close friends (along wiht the Christensens, the Hicks, the Uttings....) but he never returned the contact.

I still to this day, 30 years later, feel like I have a hole in my soul and find it hard to fill it with anything because my fear, skepticism and caution hold me back. I would love to talk more to some of you on here. I think I know some of you and would love to be able to finally heal from this gapping hole in my soul that Hickman and the community have left me with. I hope that doesn't sound to "victim-y" b/c I don't view myself as a victim so pls do no interpret it that way. I just have never been able to fulfill my spiritual need since leaving the community....and it's 30 years later!!! What is that about?????

Looking forward to hearing from ppl in this group I understand Hickman is dead and would like to hear how that came about and if Gary Coons, whom I went to school with is now the leader of this cult. It feels a bit refreshing calling it a cult and yet within me there is a young person cringing by calling the family such an unholy name. Isn't it ridiculous how this one piece of my life history still has such a grip on me. I guess that is the amazing part about cults..that they have this impact on ppl for years and years afterward....perhaps that is true brain-washing.

Thank you for letting me share. I hope this entry brings responses from ppl and I hope to connect with some of you....maybe I can finally put this part of my personal spiritual history to rest and be free with the rest of my life to feed the spirit in my that is longing for a connection to the truly Holy.

Date: July 16, 2011 10:12PM

Undoubtedly Gary Coons who is married to Lynn Gatti and who now leads the cult originated by Jack Hickman, is carrying on in the traditions of Jack Hickman.
The fact that Gary Coons goes to great lengths to conceal his homosexuality (which is not illegal); should raise many eyebrows, considering the history of this cult.
Anyhooo....Lynn Gatti who he married was 12 when the 1982 article came out and had not been involved in this cult. At that time only her mother, Diane, was a member of the cult.
Lynn's father Bill, became affiliated with the cult ''after'' the 82 article.
Go figure.
Lynn had left NY to live an open gay life in Fla. when it became time for Gary to take over the group and I guess for some reason this meant he had to feign heterosexuality.
Does the group still condemn homosexuality?? It appears they must. Why else would the leader go to such lengths to conceal something which is clearly NOT illegal?
Apparently Lynn, a happy and content member of Florida's openly gay community just fell off the Florida map one day after much hounding by her mother Diane, and Gary Coons...who needed a wife????
You just can't make this stuff up....
So....
Anyhoo....
Being a homosexual is NOT illegal.
Shooting sperm at minors IS illegal.
Rape IS illegal.
Using whatever LICENSE a person may have to aid and abed(however spelled) criminal activity IS illegal.
The statute of limitations for prosecuting sex offeders has been extended. I would strongly urge any victims MALE/FEMALE.....men this includes you...I would strongly urge any victims to seek legal council.

Date: July 16, 2011 10:15PM

Sallie
offender.fdle.state.fl.us]This is from Florida's sex offense registry. Apparently he was arrested out of state.

Click Here to Track this Offender
Designation: Sexual Offender
Name: GEORGE M DELALIO
Department of Corrections #: Not Available
Search the Dept of Corrections Website
Date of Birth: 12/17/1952
Race : White
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 220 lbs
DELALIO is registered as a Sexual Offender.
Positive identification cannot be established unless a fingerprint comparison is made.
Aliases
Not Available
Scars, Marks & Tattoos
Information temporarily unavailable
Address Information
Address Address Source Information Map Link
Out of State
Cheyenne, WY 82001-4756
Laramie COUNTY Source: Registration
Received: 08/30/2007
Type of Address: Permanent Address not mappable
Crime Information - Qualifying Offenses
Adjudication Date Crime Description Court Case Number Jurisdiction & State Adjudication
10/05/2006 SEX OFFENSE, OTHER STATE (SEXUAL EXPLOITATION OF CHILDREN) 28-904 LARAMIE, WY Guilty/convict
Victim Information

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2011 09:29PM by Sallie.

I personally knew two women who'd been sexually assaulted by him when I WAS a minor. It freaked me out but I was told to shut up about it.....as were they.
I know of at least 5 other times that my peers (minors at the time) were assaulted by various members of this cult(members who are still involved)...
Each time told to shut up....

For me...the statute of limitations has run out. But the laws have now been changed.
It's worth researching.

Date: July 16, 2011 10:21PM

RICHIE WALSH is the SOCIAL WORKER who was in charge of TEENAGE BOYS when he worked at a group home on Long Island called THE MELVILLE HOUSE even AFTER the 1982 article.
That was a home for EMANCIPATED MINORS.

Were Ms. J. Winters and Ms. R. Cohen aware of Mr. Walsh's involvement with this group during the time that he counciled young teenage boys? Rumor has it they were concerned about him and the way he handled young boys. I wonder why?????????
Have members of this cult ever been counciled by him?
Lots of ''concilors'' ? in this group...hmmm

Doesn't Gary Coons, the former lover of Jack Hickman and, current leader of this group....have an adopted brother-in-law?
Was he an EMANCIPATED MINOR when Bill and Diane suddenly found him ...after 1982?
==========================================================================

MANDATED REPORTERS are professionals who ..... are REQUIRED TO REPORT (or cause a report to be made) whenever financial, physical, sexual or other types of abuse has been observed or is SUSPECTED

These PROFESSIONALS CAN VE HELD LIABLE BY BOTH THE CIVIL AND CRIMINAL LEGAL SYSTEMS for intentionally failing to make a report....................

RESPONSIBLE FOR MANDATED REPORTING In many US states, mandatory reporting requirements apply to all people in the state.

Adult protective service employees
Child advocates
Child protective service employees
Chiropractors
Clergy
Summer Camp Counselors
Commercial Film and Photographics Print Processors [2]
Dentists and dental hygienists
Emergency medical service providers
MARITAL AND FAMILY THERAPISTS
Mediators
Medical examiners
Mental health professionals
Nurses
Ombudsmen
Optometrists
Parole officers
Paralegal
Pharmacists
Physical therapists
Physician assistants
Physicians
Podiatrists
Police officers
Probation officers
Psychologists
Public health service providers responsible for the licensing or monitoring of child day care centers, long term care and nursing facilities, group day care homes, family day care homes, and youth camps
Professional counselors
Resident medical interns
School teachers, coaches, guidance counselors, paraprofessionals, and principals
Sexual assault and battered women’s counselors
SOCIAL WORKERS
Substance abuse rehabilitation counselors
Undergrad or Graduate Level Students in the Human Services, Counseling, or Social Work fields
[edit] TrainingTraining is typically offered wherever mandated reporting laws are enforced, entailing matters such as recognition of abuse and neglect, what must be reported, how to report it, anonymity, immunity and penalties.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 10:28PM by Sallie.

Date: July 16, 2011 10:31PM

I know for a fact that a full decade before the 1982 article JACKO was COUNCILING women who had FULL KNOWLEDGE of sexual violations that YOUNG CHILDREN...THEIR CHILDREN OR NIECES ETC....had suffered.

How did he council them???

I can't be sure. But it had something to do with NOT alerting authorities.

I wish to God I knew then what I know now.

Date: July 16, 2011 10:33PM

Anyone born prior to 1960 and who was closely affiliated with the ''inner circle'' knows everything that I know about Jack, Gary, Gary's wife, Walsh, The Gattis, ALL THE SEX CRIMES WHICH WERE DELIBERATELY CONCEALED....

Date: July 16, 2011 11:03PM

Someone looking to connect to the True Holy?? Is that what I read. A poster wanting to re-connect with cult members so they can find the True Holy and fill the ''hole'' in their heart???

Such a FABULOUS idea...

Me too...

Let's connect...

With TRUTH. TRUE stories. Might that connect us to the ''true holy''????

I have so many. So so many stories. All involving MANDATED REPORTERS....

We'll just take turns....
Someone can post about the hole in their heart and I'll aternately give the names of MANDATED REPORTERS who are members of this group and who PREVENTED VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ABUSE FROM CALLING 911.

9 - 1 - 1......

THAT'S MY IDEA OF '''''HEALING''''''

Current Page: 79 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.