Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 31, 2017 11:07PM

Really busy today, so can't get into a comprehensive response to some of the posts. Hope everyone has a great day. If I could give each and every one of you a full body hug (in the spirit), I would do it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: February 01, 2017 03:43AM

hubba hubba!

Date: February 01, 2017 03:51AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Regarding the marriage to Marilyn. I forgot to
> mention this: it wasn't Dan's idea. He was just
> the hatchet man. The foundation of this doctrine
> was laid out by G&M in the Feast of Tabernacles
> messages from 1987. As I recall.

Good point. Even though I had been long gone from the LW when the marriage to M occurred and I though M was snobbish and didn't particularly care for her even when she was just a secretary, I think Dan could have convinced me to commit to her. He was that persuasive and came across as so fatherly. But good for you Invisible, that you resisted.

Posted by: Ohman? ()
Date: February 01, 2017 11:57AM

Wow. New to this but amazing. Yep I'm a "blow out" too. Bout '92 I left. Bet I know a bunch of you. I wish you all well. I'm curious bout P Rick Holbrook. When did he take his second child bride Lorena? He should be do for an upgrade soon? Anyone know when he married her?

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: February 01, 2017 12:42PM

By 1988 I had personally experienced enough ruin and devastation as a result of other's having made decisions independently and against my husbands will and even more the undermining that had taken place by the apostolic ministry being used against me, in my own marriage.

So later in 1988, when the congregation was being led to put their trust in the ministry and to entrust themselves and their lives to the ministry, to give up their free wills and to allow the ministry to rule over and to run their lives - I could not bear the idea of letting the ministry to have any further control and power over my own life. I had already experienced what men as ministries were capable of doing - (many a woe) thinking they knew and had the mind of God when it came to someone else's life. . In doing such things, they did not take into account the sufferings that they had caused. Their hearts and minds were as cold as stone. They had put their conscience in deep freeze so they could do what ever they believed was necessary to do - to accomplish their own wills - according to what they believed was God's will. And they were not open to hear they were doing anything wrong.

I remained in the church until the end of 1990 - and stopped going to the church completely by 1991. But it took me years after I stopped going to the church - to mentally get free and to find the answers I needed to find for myself - so I could live my own life with faith enough to know I had not been unfaithful to the Lord by ending my participation in the kind of relationship that was being taught and preached as being the will of God to the members of the church.

So once I was free enough - to begin to think for myself - once I was away from the church long enough - I found in the Scriptures - some things - that the Prophets of old spoke and thru the things that the early apostles of the church taught and thru the things that Jesus said , taught and instructed - I found for myself an understanding as to why I suffered many of things that I had experienced - experienced as a result of misunderstanding who I was to be obedient to - in relationship to those in the church. I found the teachings and instructions given by the Lord in Matthew 23:8,9 & 10 some time in the mid 1990's. It was at this time I realized it was the Lord I was to be obedient to. And thru HIS words I began to have a whole different thinking about how we are and are not to relate to each other and to God the Father.

I think the mind set today in TLW is to submit to the will of the ministry - if they cross your will. That is how deep the idea of obedience to the will of the ministry has taken hold. But I think it only has a hold of those who are the most dedicated and the most involved, and the many who are the most dependent.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 01, 2017 11:22PM

WELCOME Ohman?

I'm sure marriage #5 is well into the planning stages.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 01, 2017 11:22PM

One of the few things I'm proud is my response to being put over the worship schedule in SG during the last couple years of Bob M's life, and letting him do whatever the hell he wanted, including skipping the services. Of course, it was a private agreement we had, and hopefully it will never come to light.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: February 02, 2017 01:15AM

Changed Again wrote,

One of the few things I'm proud is my response to being put over the worship schedule in SG during the last couple of years of Bob M's life, and letting him do what ever the hell he wanted, including skipping the services. Of course, it was a private agreement we had, and hopefully it will never come to light.
----------------

Changed Again,

You must have been very close to Bob M. You have spoken of him often. It seems you were so very close to him, and identified with his suffering and affliction at the time you "allowed." him to skip services - he must have shared with you many of the things he experienced and went through because at times , he was very vocal privately, to several of the members. I have noticed you have chosen not to speak openly and clearly - about what he personally shared with you.

You must have good reason for keeping some things confidential but it is difficult to know and understand sometimes what it is that you are really saying - when you convey and express your self thru sarcasm.

I really believe that you sincerely cared for Bob M. and I can only but think by the things you have written, that there was nothing more you could do to have helped him but to have been his friend, who loved him the best way you could, during some very difficult years.

I hope you will not be offended or angry with me for speaking so directly and personally to you in what I am writing to you in response to what you posted.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 02, 2017 02:10AM

Regarding Bob M, who we all loved dearly. I recall hearing that Gary tried to take Impact away from him. Sort of an "apostolic take-over". And that once Gary was in the driver's seat he ran the company into the ground. Not sure how accurate this is.

But I've heard of Gary taking over several "kingdom businesses" and really making a mess of them. Seems to be a pattern there. Perhaps he doesn't have good business sense. Greg G must have to rescue him often.

Date: February 02, 2017 04:50AM

Invisible Wrote in Part:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> So later in 1988, when the congregation was being
> led to put their trust in the ministry and to
> entrust themselves and their lives to the
> ministry, to give up their free wills and to allow
> the ministry to rule over and to run their lives -
> I could not bear the idea of letting the ministry
> to have any further control and power over my own
> life. I had already experienced what men as
> ministries were capable of doing - (many a woe)
> thinking they knew and had the mind of God when it
> came to someone else's life. . In doing such
> things, they did not take into account the
> sufferings that they had caused. Their hearts and
> minds were as cold as stone. They had put their
> conscience in deep freeze so they could do what
> ever they believed was necessary to do - to
> accomplish their own wills - according to what
> they believed was God's will. And they were not
> open to hear they were doing anything wrong.

Invisble, I think your posts reveal on a deep level something that happened inside of you (the devastation and journey towards recovery) and something happens in my mind when I read your insights that resonates with me. I am confident your posts helps others who read here.

I had a one on one encounter with Bob M through one of the Impact workers. It was just to meet him. After the introduction, Bob seemed preoccupied and started to pull away. Because he seemed warm and friendly, I immediately asked him to pray with me about an issue and he dropped the stuff he was carrying in his hands to the floor and took the time to relate to me, to minister to me, not judge me, and pray with me. I was the little person and he was the ministry and IMO the way he related to me indicated he didn't have a heart of stone. At that time I was beginning to see that you could ask for help, but not all of the ministries would hear, not ever. I hope TLWF reads what you posted today as well as anyone thinking of joining TLWF. After more than half a decade of grandiose prophesies, there doesn't appear to have been any authentic transformation of the leadership into Christ incarnate that is entitled to absolute obedience by the members. The madness expressed that the leadership was/is the fulfillment of Christ in the earth to be absolutely obeyed in all things was/is a forgery, a fraud, perjury and should be called out by those who are now free.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 05:17AM by lily rose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.