Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: June 18, 2016 07:56PM

At the risk of sounding overly simplistic, everyone may want to step back and take a deep breath. Lest we forget, it was doctrine over LOVE that created all the problems that landed most of us on this site in the first place. Surely we do not want to repeat the same mistake again.

It's very clear that each of us has regrouped in our own way and adjusted our paradigm to formulate a new world view. That is to be expected. It probably runs the gamet from Bible/no Bible, Christianity/no Christianity, God/no God, ?/?. No matter what direction any discussion runs, we would do well to remember;

ABOUT

Its
all about
LOVE

and
only about
LOVE

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: June 18, 2016 08:48PM

Lilyrose, First of all, this is going to be sloppy typing, because I had cataract surgery, so bear with me.

I only said that some homosexuals are turning heterosexual by prayer and through seeking ministry. I spoke about Romans 1 because someone that got offended already said in their posts that homosexual acts are NOT a sin. That is again something they should take up with God. Oeople that are so hard core about the homosexual movement get offended by what is in Romans 1. In fact, already in Europe,several countries it is illegal for a pastor to teach out of that book of the bible. I stirred up a hornets nest by speaking about that chapter. In fact, a few here were offended when I said that several sins, adultery, many things in that chapter is considered "a sin worthy of death." Now the only reason I brought that up at all is because someone wanted to establish the point and make sure that we all have to agree that it is not a sin. It is a sin to those that believer the bible along with heterosexual perversity and drunkeness. I was trying to establish that the very people that threw those people out for their sexual preference have engaged in all of the other sins that are in Romans 1, and possibly they may be in the closet themselves

This is pushing their agenda down the throats of Christians that have a right to quote and teach their bible. Of course,this lady has said she rejects the bible.
Again, because she rejects the bible, she is offended because I do accept the bible. This is America. WE have a bill of rights, I know that liberals hate that Bill of Rights, and maybe get their politicians in office or perhaps President Obama will stay in office for a decade due to unrest such as Christians openly speaking from the bible and thus they keep offending as I obviously have in my posts..

This is why I do not like the gay movement, I believe that this movement is going to go as far as they have in Canada and lots of European countries. I could get arrested for saying what I have said. Lily Rose I believe you can be open minded enough to read my last several posts and then take a look at the posts that Pvxboy and Lampschamp (sorry about not remembering how to spell the names)."
PvxBuy said that it is ridiculous that homosexuality can be considered something to overcome. Well some homosexuals do want to be freed and it is happening some in churches Wight now. I wanted to stress in my posts that the Walk leaders that kicked people out were not acting like Pastors should act, they should have alloed people in the church that are gay, after all LOOK AT THE WALK LEADERS themselves. I did not post anything offensive, that would be offensive to anyone other than people want to make sure they can silence teaching from those parts of the bible.
So I got called down for saying the same thing Pbxguy was saying.

PxGuy simply saw that I mentioned homosexuality and started attacking me. Look at his posts, He accused me of being judgmental. I am going to ask Mr. Ross to read all the posts on that subject and see if I was being offensive.

Anyway, I do believe this forum has now become waste of time. I am not going to call evil good and good evil. I am not going to bow down to political correctness.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 18, 2016 09:03PM

Just a reminder.

This message board is NOT for advancing a specific religious or political point of view. And that's against the rules.

Also, no personal attacks.

So stepping back and taking deep breath seems like a good idea.

The subject here is The Walk and John Robert Stevens.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 18, 2016 09:42PM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look it's like this, most of you are
> just like you were in the Living Word Fellowship,
> you believe idiots like Gary and Marilyn, but you
> decide to team up on me, when this guy totally
> attacked me first. Changed I think you are the one
> that Gary threatend to slap your wife, but you
> bowed down like a gimp and took it. So I guess
> you need to feel like a big shot now on this
> forum. Tell you what, all you permanent cultist,
> I will proudly consider myself shunned. bye

Actually, he threatened to punch her. Admitted it front of the entire congregration during a feast service. No one objected--no congregant, no 'ministry', not me. Later someone put out the spin (perhaps the Lamp) that he was actually reacting to her 'advances' on Statton--total b.s.
By nature, I'm a realist. If I went back in time, trained in martial arts, perhaps I would have handled it differently. But given all the security surrounding Hargrave, the the possibility he could be armed, it would still be idiotic. And I was aware the family was dependent on me staying out of jail, making a living, so they would have a future...which worked out. I tend to think things through that way.
Anyway, part of being a community, AD--is being aware that some things we write/say will be taken out of context by even people who are motivated from a good place. It happens. I don't think anyone on this forum is out to get you. The give and take is part of life--and it's best to handle it in a civil way (not necessarily being a 'gimp')...which at times can get a bit nasty. BTW, I doubt there is anyone on this message board, including myself, who has taken more opportunity to get their viewpoint across than you. There's been a helluva lot of generosity on the people in the forum to allow you to consistently vent/express your opinions. Do consider that before you 'shun' everyone.

p.s. Golden State by 8 Sunday night

Date: June 18, 2016 09:49PM

rrmoderator Wrote:

> The subject here is The Walk and John Robert
> Stevens.

Now that is a delightful subject. Let's the stay the course!

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: June 18, 2016 11:37PM

changedagain wrote: “p.s. Golden State by 8 Sunday night.”

------------------

Yes, that’s right. We demand it violently. We demand that it materialize tomorrow night!!

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 19, 2016 03:15AM

changedagain Wrote:

> Anyway, part of being a community, AD--is being
> aware that some things we write/say will be taken
> out of context by even people who are motivated
> from a good place. It happens. I don't think
> anyone on this forum is out to get you. The give
> and take is part of life--and it's best to handle
> it in a civil way (not necessarily being a
> 'gimp')...which at times can get a bit nasty. BTW,
> I doubt there is anyone on this message board,
> including myself, who has taken more opportunity
> to get their viewpoint across than you. There's
> been a helluva lot of generosity on the people in
> the forum to allow you to consistently
> vent/express your opinions. Do consider
> that before you 'shun' everyone.
>

------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said & I agree.

Posted by: slandjt ()
Date: June 19, 2016 12:37PM

I haven't checked in for a while and now that I have, wish I hadn't. In fact, I'm sickened by what I read. We have all been through so much already and it's disappointing to see what this forum has devolved into. My understanding is that this forum is supposed to provide a safe place to share about the depravity of the Walk and its effects on our lives without fear of yet more judgment. I had enough of that in the Walk having been judged to be a Jezebel because I wasn't submissive to my husband and the elders towards the end. I can't stand reading arguments here about Scripture and politics. This forum is supposed to be a place for people to gain understanding, to forgive themselves and others, and even perhaps to find some healing and the ability to move on after having experienced such devastation.

Can we stop with the endless speculation? I personally don't think it helps any of us to move on.

What about someone who finds this forum for the first time? Are they going to be helped by reading these posts?

Please feel free to disregard, dislike or do anything else you'd like to with what I've said above. I felt the need to say these things and so I did.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that we can all get back on track. To that end, something has been bothering me for a long time. Way back in the day when I was a teenager, one of the Walk elders laid hands on me and I received the Holy Spirit. I spoke in tongues and didn't think much about it at the time because it seemed perfectly normal within the context of the church.

Through the ensuing years of life's many difficulties, I received a great deal of comfort from the Holy Spirit.

Or at least I think I did. Now I'm not at all sure. Was any of that real? Do you see what I mean now about people looking to this forum for help? I am many years post leaving the Walk, yet memories from that time are triggered by the most random things.

Peace to all of you.

Date: June 19, 2016 10:52PM

In reply to [forum.culteducation.com]

FCSLC Wrote:
> changedagain wrote: “p.s. Golden State by 8
> Sunday night.”
>
> ------------------
>
> Yes, that’s right. We demand it violently. We
> demand that it materialize tomorrow night!!

Now--if it does not happen as predicted, it's because of the lack of faith/hardness of heart in this forum.
I write this in love.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: June 20, 2016 12:38AM

changedagain Wrote:
> In reply to
> [forum.culteducation.com]
> 579#msg-133579
>
> FCSLC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > changedagain wrote: “p.s. Golden State by 8
> > Sunday night.”
> >
> > ------------------
> >
> > Yes, that’s right. We demand it violently.
> We
> > demand that it materialize tomorrow night!!
>
> Now--if it does not happen as predicted,
> it's because of the lack of faith/hardness of
> heart in this forum.
> I write this in love.

Win it for the gimper!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.