Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 21, 2021 01:00AM

Did I mention pray for Georgia? My memory is not what it used to be. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 21, 2021 02:32AM

And no, I will not be making a snarky comment about the devil going to Georgia. I've decided to comment with less sarcasm this year.
It's a new day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2021 02:35AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 21, 2021 04:53AM

Confirming Changedagain's info:

News Flash (or maybe just new news to me). My cousin in Iowa shared with me that the English River offshoot of Shiloh, had an email from Steve Seboldt (which was read aloud in their Zoom service) where he said TLW is moving to Georgia. He also said the TLW properties in California are all up for sale. He also congratulated them on continuing to have services. He also asked for money.

Also, the house in Kalona where Chris and Molly Reeves lived is up for sale. Chris operated Shiloh U out of that house. The Reeves and Shiloh U are moving to California.

Date: January 26, 2021 02:23AM

Onion wrote:
My cousin in Iowa shared with me that the English River offshoot of Shiloh, had an email from Steve Seboldt (which was read aloud in their Zoom service) where he said TLW is moving to Georgia. He also said the TLW properties in California are all up for sale. He also congratulated them on continuing to have services. He also asked for money.
Also, the house in Kalona where Chris and Molly Reeves lived is up for sale. Chris operated Shiloh U out of that house. The Reeves and Shiloh U are moving to California.

Business above all else. Isn't that what Jesus preached? ;)

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 26, 2021 12:37PM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Onion wrote:
> My cousin in Iowa shared with me that the
> English River offshoot of Shiloh, had an email
> from Steve Seboldt (which was read aloud in their
> Zoom service) where he said TLW is moving to
> Georgia. He also said the TLW properties in
> California are all up for sale. He also
> congratulated them on continuing to have services.
> He also asked for money.
> Also, the house in Kalona where Chris and Molly
> Reeves lived is up for sale. Chris operated Shiloh
> U out of that house. The Reeves and Shiloh U are
> moving to California.

>
Business above all else. Isn't that what Jesus preached? ;)

Onion and Changed,

The more things change the more they stay the same. Renaming churches and declaring that the cult formerly known as The Living Word Fellowship (also formerly known as The Walk) is gone from the face of the earth seems ridiculous when we all know that nothing has changed. It is merely another sleight of hand.

Date: January 30, 2021 12:31PM

I'd rather be a Jezebel than a JRS or a GH or an MH. Also, obedience is highly overrated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2021 12:40PM by Reepicheep.

Date: January 31, 2021 12:46AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
> Also, obedience is highly overrated.

It seems as though sociopaths are fixated on people being obedient to them--a central requirement of anyone who attempts to relate to them. Definitely a deal breaker--or, in the case of those still hoodwinked, it should be.

Posted by: Twoteetwo ()
Date: January 31, 2021 11:48AM

I want to apologize to everyone for extolling the virtues of deceased Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias on this thread in May, and for holding him up as a counterpoint to John Stevens. Apparently he, like John, was a charismatic sexual predator, and also like John, was protected in that role by those closest to him. Maybe before I die I will quit trusting that any man or ministry is incorruptible.

By the way, Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) is headquartered in Georgia.

A good article by someone dealing with the Zacharias betrayal here.

Date: January 31, 2021 01:40PM

Well, to your credit you recognized facts, and changed your mind. We evolve with new information...at least that is something to aspire to.
Good to hear from you, Twoteetwo.
#PrayForGeorgia

Maybe before I die I will quit trusting that any man or ministry is incorruptible.
Yes, a goal for all of us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2021 01:43PM by changedagain.

Date: February 01, 2021 07:29AM

Twoteetwo Wrote:
I want to apologize to everyone for extolling the virtues of deceased Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias on this thread in May, and for holding him up as a counterpoint to John Stevens. Apparently he, like John, was a charismatic sexual predator, and also like John, was protected in that role by those closest to him. Maybe before I die I will quit trusting that any man or ministry is incorruptible.

By the way, Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) is headquartered in Georgia.

A good article by someone dealing with the Zacharias betrayal here. [reasonsforgod.org]

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sad but true, Twoteetwo. Maybe it's the power given them in the name of God. : (

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.