Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 29, 2020 10:05PM

Posted on this date a year ago:

Posted by: Reepicheep
Date: November 29, 2019 04:42AM

Can you imagine what a bummer it was for JRS when December 1979 rolled around and no Kingdom? What to do with all the ginormous tubs of soybeans? Ah, give them to Kingdom business workers. They don't have any food. And JRS was using the KB credit cards to live high on the hog.

But what if someone should find out that he made up the whole trip to the future scam? No problem. He wouldn't be around by then. What could anyone do about it then?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 30, 2020 02:24AM

Gosh. If the public really knew why.

[tolucantimes.info]

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 30, 2020 06:28AM

P U D D

Many of us who witnessed the XMAS truck from a distance, and who had subscribed to JRS' overt disdain for the holiday, could never really figure out how the tables were turned so quickly to endorse something formerly denounced.

Double-standards were continually perfected in TLW as time went on until the disparity between the two would no longer sustain the illusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2020 06:29AM by kBOY.

Date: December 02, 2020 04:10AM

Page Views:

12/6/2019: 1,314,935
12/01/2020: 2,259,098

Date: December 02, 2020 07:40AM

C H A N G E D

What was the view tally the post before Shalom's disclosure on Oct 25, 2018?

Date: December 02, 2020 10:27AM

kBOY,
I didn't mention page views in 2018 prior to Shalom's post. No doubt there was significantly more interest in the forum following the public disclosure.

Date: December 04, 2020 03:09AM

Early October 2018 posts:

Posted by: that little red flag
Date: October 06, 2018 06:08AM

Some people reading and posting here may have left before much of this was was discussed, exposed, happening, etc. Or, may not be aware that the actions of shepherds abusing sheep, has been going on since the days of JRS, and has somehow become acceptable in the Living Word culture.

But in case there is any confusion regarding the enabling referred to, it applies to the leaders (Gary and Marilyn Hargrave), and the leadership (also known as shepherds), knowing full-well of Rick's tendency toward, and actions of, seduction and sexual abuse, AND still condoning it enough to allow him to maintain his very large position in the leadership. All of this, while somehow turning a deaf ear to the voices, hurts, and abuses of the injured sheep.

So much for the so-called "shepherd's heart".

Posted by: kBOY
Date: October 06, 2018 05:23PM

My family just ran into a large group of current TLW members who ventured off the reservation to enjoy a Friday evening at our local farmers market, every one of them we have known for decades and still dearly love. Each of them has more integrity in their little finger than anyone in TLW leadership.

Unfortunately, not only are they naive about all the skeletons and dirty laundry hidden away in all those liquor cabinets, but our relationship with them would be adversely affected if we even attempted to broach the subject. They seem happy in their level of UNawareness and appear set to continue on as normal.

Their saving grace has probably been their isolation in a remote enough location to be out of range of the incestuous and degrading environment that L.A. has managed to develop.

So much for the 'pure atmosphere'.

Posted by: puddington
Date: October 06, 2018 08:27PM

Interesting kBoy. For some of these people, it seems like they would never leave the cult. It has become so much a part of them. If they left they would practically die. The LW culture has a complete stranglehold on them. Like an inoperable brain turmor. To remove it would kill them.

What it would take is a personal crisis happening to them or someone close to them. Like what happened when Sierra’s mother got terminally ill. A situation like this will reveal the true, cruel nature of the shepherding. Even in that local church with it’s puppet pastors.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher
Date: October 06, 2018 09:45PM

I would rather dribble in my soup in a cuckoo's nest than go back to that shit hole. I will forever be so sad for all who have not been able to escape. I got lucky I guess---it was the flick of a switch for me and I was done. The price is dear but not as dear as my freedom.

Date: December 04, 2020 10:28AM

C H A N G E D

Interesting posts given that they came just two weeks prior to Shalom's disclosure.

Most of those we encountered that Friday at the farmer's market have since left TLW, and some have even relocated out of the area.

The few who remain are in their 60's, 70's, and maybe 80's, and feel they simply have no other place to go, or life to live.

Very sad indeed.

Date: December 04, 2020 01:21PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Most of those we encountered that Friday at the
> farmer's market have since left TLW, and some have
> even relocated out of the area.

Good!

> The few who remain are in their 60's, 70's, and
> maybe 80's, and feel they simply have no other
> place to go, or life to live.

yeah, that's understandable.

Date: December 04, 2020 01:41PM

A post by fromsouthchicago on Oct. 9, 2018:

Posted by: fromsouthchicago
Date: October 09, 2018 01:15PM

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Marilyn Hargrave's cousin. My mother and her mother were sisters. My mother's name was Mildred and her mother's name was Bessie. Bessie was part of the TLWF until Marilyn threw her out of the cult in the 90s. I have had no contact with Marilyn as an adult but several of my relatives have. I do have contact with and a good relationship with her brother, Charles and his wife.

To give you a little understanding of where I fit ... Marilyn and Charles were born almost two decades before I was. I'm actually closer in age to Marilyn's children than to Charles and Marilyn.

What I know about Marilyn, especially in later years comes from reports from my relatives. I decided early on that I would maintain a long distance from her.

When I tell people about Marilyn and this cult, I generally receive gasps and a few nervous laughs. Some people, including my wife didn't completely believe me ... that is, until she met Charles and his wife. What she learned shocked my wife to her core. My wife discovered that not only what I had said was true, but was actually worse than I had told her. Charles and his wife had more frequent contact with Marilyn and have been more tied into the information stream than I have been. Thus they were able to further educate us on the goings on.

What I have learned about Marilyn was that she had developed into an opportunist and a sociopath. She was someone who had absolutely no conscience. From all that I have heard about her, she learned that she loved power and manipulating people. And loved all the money she extracted from her followers, her believers and she continued to want more. I base this on all that I have heard over the years from my relatives and from what I know that she did to my Aunt, her mother. Bessie believed in and was devoted unquestionably to Marilyn. And in turn Marilyn took her mother for everything she had. One day, she threw her out of the cult. Bessie never understood the reasons for her expulsion. Bessie died not long after it happened. I saw her shortly before she died.

Based on what I'm reading in this forum, Marilyn became exceptionally good at giving into her desires and using her skills to exploit and manipulate people. What you have written aligns with what I have heard from my relatives about her activities.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.