Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 12, 2020 09:10AM

good summation, kBOY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: January 12, 2020 09:32AM

It seems certain leaders have fantasies of unlimited power and believe they should only associate with special people. Even though they can be charming, their sense of entitlement and lack of empathy is intimidating. Ignoring the needs of those who are giving their lives to them, and triangulating stories among the circle of friends, is CRAZY making!!! And incredibly hurtful.
I have felt the punishment of a leaders poor financial management and discovered he’d taken all I had. Then he humiliated me by blaming me for the losses. There is never any apology and always the feeling that some kind of danger might be lurking around the corner.
At least, that’s how my life used to be about ten or twelve years ago. I’m so grateful for the distance between myself and the terrible leaders who thought it was okay to do these things. Getting out was difficult and staying free from their thinking patterns is ongoing. Every day I become more of myself. More innocent but not naive.
Thanks for letting me share.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 12, 2020 07:11PM

N O R T H g

"Every day I become more of myself. More innocent but not naive."

These are extremely important statements, given the fact that 'cult-ure' attempts to stifle the voice of our SELF, as well as piling on guilt for good measure. Much of this is done in the 'name of the Lord', which is why our CREATOR is the victim of a lot of bad press.

Regaining our voice is to regain our POWER, enabling us to be far more discriminative in deciding what we believe to be TRUE. Throwing off the 'shackles of guilt' that had been laid upon us is one of the most important applications of our regained POWER.

Our 'LOVE b.s.meter' starts to come on-line, allowing us hold at bay anything that does not come with the 'KISS of HEAVEN'.

Keep on, keepin' o n . . .

(P.S. Welcome B A N J O)

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: January 13, 2020 06:59AM

In my search for a good therapist, I found this on a website:

CULTS

"Cults are close-knit and often secretive organizations that may recruit members through false premises, such as the promise of religious salvation. Although not all cults are religious, most subscribe to a particular belief system unique to their organization and do not permit members to deviate from their strictures. Members who wish to break free of a cult often have difficulty doing so and may experience psychological effects after leaving.

UNDERSTANDING CULTS
People who join cults often do so from a basic desire to belong to something, to feel protected and secure, and to live a life that has meaning. Cults that are based on tenets of Christianity can fulfill this longing in some people, as the promise of eternal salvation is the primary draw for many adults who join cults.

When recruiting new members, cults often discern a need in a person and promise to satisfy it, whether the need is religious fulfillment, political activism, self-actualization, or simply a sense of belonging. Those who are most likely to be recruited by a cult tend to come from an economically sound background, be educated and idealistic, and exhibit above-average intelligence.

Cults tend to be led by a charismatic and compelling leader who demands loyalty. Because cults require absolute commitment to their leader and discourage questioning of the belief system set forth, often using manipulative, exploitative, or abusive tactics to prevent and punish dissent, they are generally considered to be destructive and controlling by outsiders. In fact, cult members may adhere to the doctrine to the point of cutting off family and friends who are not also part of the cult.

Potential members are usually not aware of the extent of the cult’s beliefs before entering and only realize the totalitarian structure, abuse of members, and other harmful practices after joining. However, by that point, a person may be so committed to the cult’s promises that he or she becomes able to accept beliefs and practices he or she would have rejected before joining the cult, especially upon seeing other members obey without question."

GOOD THERAPY
[www.goodtherapy.org]

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 13, 2020 07:47AM

Thanks for that, kbyrne. This rings true about TLWF.

On the "abusive tactics to prevent and punish dissent...", I remember so many special services when we were told that a person who had previously been in favor was now a " nephilim". It was scary. The obvious message was "don't get out of line or you're next!" So wrong.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 13, 2020 08:36AM

and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s god entitle them ------------ I don’t recall these words in any of TLWF’s manuals, sermons or This Weeks. Too much “jeopardy” for leadership inasmuch as the ordinary people might get rebellious inklings involving “self-sovereignty” and thereby declare independence from management.

Date: January 13, 2020 10:47AM

Posted by: FCSLC
Date: January 12, 2020 05:36PM

and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s god entitle them ------------ I don’t recall these words in any of TLWF’s manuals, sermons or This Weeks. Too much “jeopardy” for leadership inasmuch as the ordinary people might get rebellious inklings involving “self-sovereignty” and thereby declare independence from management

True, FCSLC. Independence and independent spirits were considered "rebellious".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 10:47AM by Reepicheep.

Date: January 13, 2020 11:38AM

Viva la revolution!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 13, 2020 03:35PM

F C S L C

WELCOME back.

As has been mentioned before, one of the greatest disservices done to all was that our own 'walk with GOD' was replaced with JRS' walk with GOD, and all the baggage that went along with it, including rampant hypocrisy, double-standards, sexual and substance abuse, financial improprieties, etc.

We failed to heed the warning 'call no man father', and exchanged our dependence on SPIRIT for dependence on flesh.

Never again.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: January 14, 2020 04:07AM

changedagain Wrote:Date: January 02, 2020 11:32AM
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cloudwatcher Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Well, we've got each other's back here. And I as
> far as I can tell, there is not one Judas
> among us. I think I know where he can be found,
> though :)

Hold on here, about not "one" Judas. Betrayal was Judas's job to do. He had to ID Jesus or else the whole crucifixion of the one an donly Jesus Christ would not have taken place. He was predestined by God to be a tattletale.

I used to think that Judas was really bad. But, I think Jesus trusted him the most - Sorry, about getting religious or unorthodox here. But, now I embrace being a tattletale. Who all wants to play the part of Judas, please stand up with me? No one will be hanging themselves after the job of revealing the truth is done.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.