Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: PowerTrip ()
Date: December 25, 2019 08:33AM

It HAS to end. By the way PowerTrip was pretty much Silas Esteves life. I feel like I should had another name but the site choose this one. I want to be a living witness of the end of this era. Thank you Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: December 25, 2019 10:12AM

PowerTrip,
There are no words for the disdain I have for those sick people. So sorry, so very sorry for your lost years. I hope you find some healing here. There is a Facebook group where you can feel free to share this all publicly unless you want to remain anonymous. But it is public so you can read the discussions. Further discussion of the living word fellowship. They have opened it up for anyone in the group to approve requests to join. You could let the admins know you are on this forum. Live to you

Cloudwatcher

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 25, 2019 12:01PM

PowerTrip - You are so very welcome here and you have nothing to be ashamed of. ALL of us who were involved for long years wish we had spoken up when we could tell things were wrong. But we must not be ashamed.

The fear you describe is one of the ways they held all of us under their control. They had to keep us as prisoners because we knew so many truths about their wrong behavior and deceit. Now we are free to be joyful and to be completely FREE.

You have helped all of us by exposing the truth about Silas. I had heard rumors but now it is confirmed. I also had wondered so long WHY WHY WHY if Silas was such a good man, then why was he so supportive of Rick Holbrook who was such a terrible person in his abuse of women, wasting church money, and controlling everything and everyone. Now we know. Rick was his permission to do the same.

After Rick and Shannon got divorced, Shannon went to Shiloh. During that summer Marilyn told everyone from TLW that they must not speak to Shannon or have anything to do with her. But Shannon did the best thing and instead of withering away as I think Marilyn wanted, she fell in love with the man she has been married to for many, many years, Roy Shaw and they have a grown son who is a brilliant man.

Are you on Facebook? Shannon is on FaceBook and you can friend her so you can get in touch with her again.

Much love to you. Thank you for posting. Every person who posts gives a piece of the puzzle for all of us.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 25, 2019 05:16PM

P O W E R t r i p

WELCOME to the group. Like those who came before, you provide a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse for those of us who warmed the cheap seats for decades and had little to no idea of the nefarious behavior of those who claimed to be GOD's anointed.

We are very sorry to hear of your experiences and hope that you have been able to find a road to healing. Please feel free to participate on this forum (or through the FB pages mentioned previously), as you provide a unique perspective for those of us who never went to Brazil and know very little about both Silas and Mt. Zion.

All the best to you and yours.

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: December 25, 2019 11:37PM

Powertrip
Thank you so much for your vulnerable and painful post. I’ve had hurt similar to yours but not in the JRS walk group. I came in contact with the group in Oregon briefly.

I want to say that I’ve met some amazing people here Reepicheep, kBOY, Changedagain, Onion and I know you are not alone.

We may have a few friends on Facebook, real-life friends, and neighbors, but we feel alone and unseen. Because we are hardwired for connection, disconnection always creates pain. Feeling disconnected can be a normal part of life and relationships, but when coupled with the shame of believing that we’re disconnected because we’re not worthy of connection, it creates a pain that we want to numb.

The tragedy is that the predator you mentioned are the ones who are not good enough to be in society. You ARE good enough and even more than that you are precious! All of us who have been recruited, lied to, power tripped on, abused, imprisoned, neglected and made to feel unworthy......we are precious!!!

I’m so thankful you are here
Melissa Saulnier - NorthernGate

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2019 11:54PM by Northerngate.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: December 26, 2019 01:59PM

As I clean out files from 2019, sometimes I find notes that may be interesting. For example:

Rick Holbrook DOB 4-3-1960

Wife #1 DOB 9-3-1960

Wife #2 DOB 11-19-1964

Wife #3 DOB 8-4-1970

Wife #4 DOB 3-6-81

Wife #5? Anyone's guess

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 26, 2019 11:13PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

As I clean out files from 2019, sometimes I find notes that may be interesting. For example:

Rick Holbrook DOB 4-3-1960

Wife #1 DOB 9-3-1960

Wife #2 DOB 11-19-1964

Wife #3 DOB 8-4-1970

Wife #4 DOB 3-6-81

Wife #5? Anyone's guess

As I ponder the above, I hope that the demise of: The Christmas Truck, the amphitheater and its shows, The Living Word Building (hopefully), the access to unlimited funds and the conscription of a small army of leaders and followers covering up his dirty deeds, Ricky Boy will not have the means at his disposal to groom more victims/wives. But anybody who still thinks that it is a good idea to hitch their wagon to his exploding star would do well to KEEP THEIR CHILDREN THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM!

Merry Christmas to all the survivors of this cruel seventy year hoax.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2019 11:24PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 27, 2019 01:04AM

"Merry Christmas to all the survivors of this cruel seventy year hoax."

Y E S. That's RIGHT. A M E N.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 27, 2019 01:09PM

Posted by: PowerTrip
Date: December 24, 2019 12:03PM

I read a lot of the posts and comments and because I was part of this so called “inner circle” as a consequence of my relationship with Silas I feel ashamed for not saying anything in the past. He basically isolated me and controlled every single aspect of my life.

Dear PowerTrip,

You have nothing to feel ashamed about. The kind of mind games and isolation tactics that were done to you by Silas Esteves can really be hard to overcome. Thank you so much for speaking up now, though. Although the information you shared is shocking, it is an important piece of the overall picture. Knowledge is power. I hope that your life is much more peaceful now. Much love and healing to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2019 01:20PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 27, 2019 07:09PM

Decades of sexual abuse by ministries close to Gary, yet he seems to have been unaware of it. However, he did apologize for not listening to the Holy Spirit, and allegedly tore down religious hierarchy--so I suppose that is a start toward accepting some responsibility. /s
Thank you PowerTrip for adding yet another (significant) piece to this puzzle of the sordid history of TLWF/Walk. Sorry for what you had to endure, and welcome to this forum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.