Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 01, 2019 08:01AM

O N I O N

"One question I have been pondering is why Marilyn didn't require JRS to get medical help for prostate cancer before she would marry him."

I believe you answered your own 'pondering' with,
"...she refused to marry him until he made a property settlement with his first wife and put Marilyn's name on his real estate."

To further the insult,
"...her goal was financial and not love for the man. Her care for him and the people was nothing more than a performance."

Even worse still was her promise to Gary that all the church assets would be passed onto her children. The sacrifices of so many lives given to a cause that had lost its way.

Upward flow--UP, UP and away . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CARe ()
Date: October 01, 2019 04:41PM

FYI. The 3 buildings at Shiloh will be torn down unless another entity comes up with an offer to purchase in the next 2 weeks. It will be made available to the Amish to salvage any materials they can reuse or repurpose but ultimately will be removed. This was announced to the remaining congregation last Saturday night. I made sure to fact check and believe it to be true.

Date: October 01, 2019 10:06PM

C A R e

W O W.

That sounds like the Center of the Universe is liable to be swallowed up a devouring black hole.

I don't believe anyone saw that coming . . . or going

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: October 01, 2019 10:37PM

I can certainly understand that the cost to maintain the buildings (especially during winter) is way too much for the dwindling congregation to cover. Part of me finds this news sad. But part of me rejoices in seeing this cult monument come down. “How the mighty have fallen”

I wish Marilyn was still around to watch this all happening. Perhaps she wouldn’t care. Her kids will probably inherit much still.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 10:41PM by puddington.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 02, 2019 12:28AM

CARe - No wonder Craig and Phyllis Haworth are selling their home. Shiloh will become a big pile of rubble. Does anyone know where they are planning on moving? Or what other properties are being sold?

Apparently, Steve and Becky have moved to Georgia.

If Shiloh gets money from the sale of anything, where will the money go? Perhaps to other churches that are trying to stay alive. They should just put it in savings to pay for the lawsuits that have been filed and those that are coming. But I guess we can't expect the leadership to start making smart business decisions now.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 02, 2019 12:28AM

puddington Wrote:

> I wish Marilyn was still around to watch this all
> happening. Perhaps she wouldn’t care. Her kids
> will probably inherit much still.

True

Date: October 02, 2019 12:38AM

Onion wrote:
CARe - No wonder Craig and Phyllis Haworth are selling their home. Shiloh will become a big pile of rubble. Does anyone know where they are planning on moving? Or what other properties are being sold?

Apparently, Steve and Becky have moved to Georgia.

If Shiloh gets money from the sale of anything, where will the money go? Perhaps to other churches that are trying to stay alive. They should just put it in savings to pay for the lawsuits that have been filed and those that are coming. But I guess we can't expect the leadership to start making smart business decisions now.

As usual, it seems to be all cloaked in secrecy, Onion. The rank and file who sacrificed their lives to fulfill John's bogus visions are not supposed to concern themselves with who personally prospers from their dedication.

Date: October 02, 2019 12:48AM

Steve and Becky Seboldt are moving to Georgia.
Scott and Jeane McDonald have moved to Lake Arrowhead area.
The Alex/Baker clan has moved or is headed to Arizona.

(it appears they are not interested in living close to each other)

Date: October 02, 2019 04:11AM

O N I O N

"I guess we can't expect the leadership to start making smart business decisions now."

With a growing number of TLW rats fleeing the sinking ship, one has to ask "What leadership?" The G-man has managed to pretty much stay off the radar, as well as Silas & Shuma, so who is in control and how much may be an open question.

Those who have been able to squirrel $$$ away ahead of the legal sh*tstorm have probably already done so. We were always promised the scraps that fell from the master's table, so that will probably be all that remains.

Bon appetit?

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 02, 2019 08:25AM

I heard of a couple of sightings of Gary in the last two months or less. One was at an event on Maui that he attended with his current wife and stepson. Thinking of the life he facilitated for his previous stepson, I would be very wary of his ability to be a good influence on Silvana's sweet son. Just my opinion, of course.

I also heard one of the guys who had been pastoring in the Valley ran into him in the Valley Church neighborhood and yelled at him and cussed him out. The information came second hand but from a reliable source. I wish there were a video.

Now, this is a rumor - I'm still fact-checking - but there is some info that Gary and Silvana bought a home on Maui for $1.5MM cash. I have so many questions...

When I know more, so will you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.