Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 30, 2019 12:28AM

Perhaps as part of our healing process each person should consider establishing his/her own own non-profit religious organization, and experience first-hand the benefits of the "upward flow." No need to get fancy naming the organization. Examples:

#kBOYMinistries
#ReepMinistries
#OnionInternationalMinistries
#PuddingtonCrossMinistries
#ChangedAgainVIP&OtherMinistries
#DeweyCheatem&HoweUpwardFlowMinistries

etc. etc.

If you haven't already, please disregard this post :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 30, 2019 01:32AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> I'm glad that you have been speaking up for so
> many years, changedagain. Writing is therapy, but
> it helps those reading too. ; )

Thank you.

Date: September 30, 2019 01:49AM

Reep wrote:
I hope that those responsible do not benefit monetarily in any way from the closing of churches.

And yet we still do not know who would personally benefit from the sale of Shiloh property...which is yet another indication of the lack of transparency of former TLWF leaders. Meanwhile, people in the local churches were required to document just about everything within their church, reporting back to leadership via the annual "Fred and Ethel" books." This would include, of course, the number of paper clips the church owned. Double standards anyone? That said, perhaps this approach is backed by scripture. Remember when Jesus said he had many more things to tell the disciples but they were not able to bear them? (John 16:12) Maybe the rank and file would become irate after finding out their donations were used not as they intended, but to support the lavish lifestyles of a very few. And no matter how many times they prayed to God about it, they were not able to get a "revelation" that this was acceptable. They might choose to leave the fellowship after this disclosure!

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: September 30, 2019 05:05AM

Date: September 27, 2019 07:48AM

Onion wrote:
I have also posted my personal knowledge that JRS NEVER commissioned Gary and Marilyn to take the Apostolic mantle.

Lilith wrote:
I wonder what would have happened if just one person would have stood up in a service during their power grab and said that what they were doing wasn't what John wanted. Not to say what John did was really any better but would it have rocked the boat just enough. Would they have been murdered, because people were pretty crazy back then. Would anyone have listened?

Lilith, unfortunately, any person standing up and telling the truth about the power grab for "the mantle" would undoubtedly have been ridiculed, harrassed and alienated. Anyone attempting to speak the truth at that time was publicly demeaned to such an extent that the implied warning was "stand with this person and you're next. And by the way, we have your children, your friends and your family. Don't think you'll get out of here with anything but yourself. And that's if you're lucky".

Just to revisit this topic, many people were floundering and undecided how to proceed after John's death. I was devastated, as was everyone else. To stand up in a service and speak the truth AND have people listen would have taken someone very respected within the fellowship. Unfortunately, no one did that. So we'll never know. I like to think that I would have listened to a trusted friend. But again, we'll never know.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 30, 2019 07:49AM

R E E P

"I hope that more people who are still trapped wake up and realize that they are valuable as individuals even without the group."

This area could not be more emphasized. The tragic waste of individual gifts and talents for decades, which could have greatly benefited the fellowship as a whole, was suppressed or discarded in favor of benefiting a few who were not worthy of the sacrifice.

Those that break the spell can begin to live whatever life remains out from under that oppression.

Date: October 01, 2019 02:15AM

I doubt there was even one person in Walk/TLWF history that openly disagreed with John or G & M and retained any respect or standing within the church. Can anyone point to an example? If not, that shows how ludicrous the concept of confirmation was within the fellowship...at least when applying it to top leaders.
David Boney constraining G & M as their 'DR'? Please

Date: October 01, 2019 03:19AM

And JRS used to say that he didn't want a bunch of "yes men". ROFL

And anyone who didn't believe him is a dirty, rotten nephilim!

/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 03:20AM by Reepicheep.

Date: October 01, 2019 03:29AM

I came across this comment in response to a newspaper article this morning, and thought I would share it. Since this post is is politically-oriented, RR may remove it, and I would no objection. Until then:

Ok, I’m gonna cut in here and paste a comment a wrote about Volker here, but it is just as applicable here about Senators.

We need people to start turning and protecting not only themselves, but the country. I'm from a multigen military family, my father, grandfathers, and great grandfathers all military officers retiring as colonels or generals.

I was born on base, moved practically yearly while being on the spectrum and undiagnosed, saw my fathers combat flashbacks and dealt with the person with a bare husk of humanity left behind, had a uncle i never got to meet because he was MIA, now that I’ve become disabled, all too young, I have no lifelong friendships and a hometown to fall back on, and it seems to me that these people all have plenty of other opportunities where they can still manage to feed and clothe the family.

Yes they may have to sacrifice so ambitions, but they would hardly be the first.

They need to do what is right and save our democracy.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: October 01, 2019 03:29AM

I often had conversations with JRS where I was unhappy with something he had directed or said. He never tried to shut me up. He would either "explain" stuff to me, tell me he would look deeper into the matter, or correct me. I didn't face the humiliating feeling of complete disregard, disrespect, and dislike until after JRS married Marilyn and Rick started worming his way into power.

But of course, I didn't know the secrets they were all keeping. I didn't see that Marilyn was using all of us, including JRS.

My blindspot all those years was Marilyn. Until about 2007, I was profoundly and blindly loyal to her. To the extreme. I have heard stories of people who tried to talk JRS out of marrying her because they could see what she was doing to him. JRS told people in mid-1980, before he married her, how hard Marilyn and her family were to be around. People begged him not to marry her. I wish I had been one of those people. But I was completely blind. And he probably would not have listened. It's all crystal ball stuff at this point.

One question I have been pondering is why Marilyn didn't require JRS to get medical help for prostate cancer before she would marry him. After all, as I recently learned, she refused to marry him until he made a property settlement with his first wife and put Marilyn's name on his real estate. Even then, her goal was financial and not love for the man. Her care for him and the people was nothing more than a performance. Her friendship with me was always an act designed to keep me loyal.

IMO.

Date: October 01, 2019 03:31AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And JRS used to say that he didn't want a bunch of
> "yes men". ROFL

Yeah, I remember him saying that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 03:32AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.