Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 01, 2019 05:51AM

ONION & ROAD:

As much as we would like to believe that contrition is part of the TLW business model, I think we all know not to hold our breath. As far as any real or imaged 'Haworth Family Criminal Organization', that is far more consistent with the pattern we would expect.

There is nothing in the history of TLW, going all the way back through the JRS decades, to prove there has ever been any other motivation than to save the butts of those with the most to lose. Any meaningful type of restoration to the fleeced sheep will probably be rotten scraps that fall from the table of those who have 'feasted & fled'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 01, 2019 06:01AM

Some people were on the 'front lines' for over 30+ years until they realized the battle did not even exist. It was a fabrication ingrained into our hearts and minds by a very charismatic, dominating leader. I'm sure there will be those who will live out their lives believing in this concept, and if it provides meaning to them, perhaps that is the course they should stay on. To anyone at a crossroads, however, I recommend staying clear of it--even if you have family members who continually express their disappointment in your 'withdrawal.' To break free, you'll need a solid support network, and probably professional counseling.
note: I am not an example of the latter (receiving counseling), and I'm sure my recovery has been prolonged due to my reluctance to open up to a "stranger." I did briefly consider taking up the banjo to see that would help my mental/emotional state, but everyone in my vicinity pleaded that I not do that. Not sure why.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: September 01, 2019 07:02AM

The Front Line: The position of champions.

I would estimate that at least 80% of the messages published by The Living Word from 1951 thru 1983 had an emphasis on the honor and importance of being "all in" i.e. front line. Every message had a flavor of that or innuendos.

When Pastor Serve completed their evaluations of the walk churches they were invited into, two areas I remember they emphasized: How harmful it was for congregants to be told (always) that they had to try harder, pray longer and louder, be better, work more, etc.

And how un-scriptural it was for congregants to be told/taught/preached to that receiving grace (blessings, etc.) was up to them to achieve by working harder or by their efforts in any way because Christ's job was complete. He already did that for us.

Harm was done to the congregants (per Pastor Serve) by not being taught enough about resting in the Lord and accepting the grace He ALREADY provided us.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: September 01, 2019 08:08AM

It sure was a stressful way to live. Talk about vain striving!!! Between the word-word, the intercession, the services and holding down a full time job, it all nearly killed me. Never again!

Date: September 01, 2019 08:41AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It sure was a stressful way to live. Talk about
> vain striving!!! Between the word-word, the
> intercession, the services and holding down a full
> time job, it all nearly killed me. Never again!

The most intense time period for me was when Statton pastored our church in the early 90's--six services/meetings a week and at least one day a week fixing up the facility...for "Marilyn." I was also running a small family business (along with my wife) to support our family, and encouraging my daughters to get a college education--which they both did. Anyway, in spite of all of that, Dan was usually fun to be with, so it wasn't all necessarily a grind. However, after Hargrave treated him so inhumanely during 'personal ministry' at an inter church feast service, basically stating that he wasn't fit to be a ministry, and Dan became alienated from the fellowship--I lost whatever drive I had to please G & M. It finally became clear that everyone was expendable. I woke up. It still took three years to make a clean break, though. It's a little more complicated when family is involved.

Date: September 01, 2019 09:07AM

Quoting:

Date: August 31, 2019 02:30PM

What a horrible legacy they leave.

-----------------

Just repeating myself.

Let's have a great 3 day weekend and move on to things that don't involve sin and destruction caused by fuc!wads with no morals. Okay, Saturday is mostly gone but we have two more days to try on "happy." Let's do it!

Date: September 01, 2019 09:11AM

In Christ's Blood

Date: September 01, 2019 01:21PM

Or by putting a Bloody Mary in us.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 01, 2019 03:02PM

As PUDDINGTON reminded us, 'vain striving' is an apt description of the insanity we all accepted as the paradigm to embrace, and all for the vanity of those promoting it.

A weekend of resting from our labors is in order, along with a few of Christs' Bloody Marys.

Bottoms up.

Date: September 01, 2019 10:59PM

kBOY Wrote:

> A weekend of resting from our labors is in order,
> along with a few of Christs' Bloody Marys.
> Bottoms up.

Yes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.