Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: January 14, 2019 03:19PM

Oops. Double post

This is what happens when I hit the “submit” button and nothing appears to post. Sorry everyone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2019 03:27PM by puddington.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 14, 2019 11:38PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note: the effort to reconstitute the LW church in
> Sepulveda continues. In fact they are working
> hard at contacting members who have left and
> convince them to return.

I hope people don't fall for it. They must know that there has been no real accountability taken by TLWF leaders for the abuse that has taken place for decades. Until there is at least a case by case acknowledgement (instead of a vague apology letter, followed by a promise of an "independent" investigation), all change will be superficial. The root of the problem remains. As I've mentioned before, a disinformation campaign is in full force now and part of the muddying of the waters in the insistence that everyone in any kind of leadership role at any church was responsible for the deep problems within the fellowship. A convenient narrative for Gary, Rick, Scott etc.
BTW, I wasn't real close to any of the ministries in the Valley. I remained holed up in the South Gate church, and before that Redlands. There were a couple ministries in the Valley that I engaged in conversation now and then, and I came away sensing they had a core of integrity. Again, my perspective is/was limited. I would include Craig G. and Dennis F. on that list. I hope those two are not a part of this reconsitution that is being pushed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2019 11:40PM by changedagain.

Date: January 15, 2019 12:05AM

Even though I had a title while in the Redlands church (set-aside deacon, then elder, then sheperd), and later in South Gate (set-aside elder, page turner for the pianist and organist), then shepherd...my real function was to work my ass off helping fix up those two facilities, so they could later be sold and the money go fund ________________.
The most intense time period was my two years under Statton. This comprised of at least six church services and ministry meetings a week, and at least a day of working on the facility. His mantra at the time was "We're doing this for Marilyn!" Of course, we all know what his fate turned out to be.
Strangely, this time was not heart wrenching for me. Dan, in spite of pushing for all this work to be done, treated me well, at least compared to what I was used to. We had many a laugh, and he wasn't shy about "correcting" me. He also wasn't shy (later, as he was on his way out) conveying what nutjobs Gary and Marilyn were--obsessed with micromanagement, and making things miserable. Sad, of course, to see what transpired...and I continue to have fond memories of him. Same with Bob McClane, Jeff Pfeiffer, John Mahon, Bob Franz, C- and F+ (oops...the last two people didn't exist, sorry).
I think here we can call this a 'new day', and not have it be an ironic phrase.

Date: January 15, 2019 12:45AM

p.s. I'm slowly realizing after all these years that I have a jones for posting on cult sites. I must find me another hobby. The first thing that comes to mind, unfortunately, is line dancing. Oh God Please...let this not be your will!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2019 12:45AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 15, 2019 07:30AM

Wow! I forget to check this forum for a few days and I miss so much!

It has been a crazy couple of days. There is a new FB group called "TLW Relate & Communicate" and a few different people sent me copies of posts from that site that were horrible. Shallow, uneducated, lacking in common sense and decency - which maybe should be expected by a group of people still supporting TLWF and all of its past shepherds - and who now call many of us the anti-Christ because we have taken a stand against "the Christ in the flesh on earth." I'm not sure which of the perpetrators of lies and mistreatment they refer to as Christ in the flesh.

So yes, we are now being lumped together under the satanic warfare category -- just more proof (in still deceived minds) that those still committed to the Hargrave & Holbrook life forms are the only ones moving in God and we are opposing them.

There were representatives from TLW (N. Hollywood) at Shiloh this weekend clearing out the file archives and libraries - packing stuff to move back to L.A. and burning or trashing other stuff. The people involved included the Seboldts so I guess we know who didn't really step down from anything. I wanted to find a way to stop them but I couldn't get any action going. At least I have identified several witnesses so if the issue of destruction of evidence and obstruction of justice come up in the (hopefully near) future, there will be those to confirm intentional interference occurred.

Just because no actual case is yet pending doesn't mean it's okay to destroy evidence in anticipation of a lawsuit. Especially under the circumstances as they exist since the TLWF explosion of exposure. If they destroyed records at any time since public letters went out in October, they did it intentionally to hide evidence. Clearly.

Many of us on the FaceBook group for survivor stories and the connected chats have agreed that most of the infighting between survivors and the other lowlife attacks from the TLW R&C group are ONLY distractions. I submit that even focusing on other lesser perpetrators and other groups is a distraction from those we need to continue to pursue. I hope we can all continue to move forward and make progress in our healing. AND if we are working on a solution to end the abuse and prevent it from ever happening again at the hands of TLWF trained people, that we will not be distracted from effective steps towards our goal when little irritants pop their heads out and call us names.

Perpetrators abound. The source of my greatest anger is the hiding, cover-ups, lying, facilitating by the leadership who were perpetrators themselves but for DECADES worked diligently to hide criminal conduct for one another and their families and possibly many others. To INTENTIONALLY protect a perpetrator is a crime all in itself. We all made a lot of mistakes and believed a huge amount of deception, but those we must continue to bring to answer are those who knew what they were doing, knew who they were hurting, and gaining from it and continuing it for decades. There seem to be many instances where known abusers were sent to and accepted in other church locations where the abuse continued to a new group of victims. The "church transfer" was known by the sending leaders as well as the receiving leaders. I need to find a stronger word than disgusting for this.

Hey, Changed Again - And all: The humor on this sight has saved (some of) my sanity at times. But I also appreciate everyone else who has joined this forum because the more the merrier - and the more effective we will be. Thank you.

Date: January 15, 2019 10:16AM

Thanks Onion.
And I appreciate your updates.

Posted by: Amos ()
Date: January 15, 2019 01:06PM

Onion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So yes, we are now being lumped together under the
> satanic warfare category

We really are a bunch of sorry souls on this forum. We just can't seem to do anything but channel Satan just like the Nephilim we are. I don't know, perhaps the title is deserved? It must be, since for the life of me I missed the revelation that "abuse happens in every church," or that trolling around on the TLWRC page blaming victims for objecting to being abused and molested is an expression of Christian love.

I started this post trying to be humorous, but for some reason humor eludes me right now, so I settled for sarcasm.

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness. Isaiah 5:20 (for you Bible scholars).

Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: January 15, 2019 03:59PM

dear amos, changedagain, onion, et al,

today was a usual, by my regular store hours, day off - store closed for the day. but because i've several other outlets for my wares, i attended to one of those outlets. this eventually resulted, given i am a dutiful person, in a 12 hour workday on my off day, mind you. ah, the joy of self-employment. so when i got home an hour ago or so, my intent was to have a glass of merlot and do some reading or do a more mind numbing activity like watching a movie. i implored myself to resist the siren call of logging onto this forum for this evening given the late hour. obviously, i failed! oh yeah, i've my glass of merlot (at present, just the first) but have dispensed with reading my present novel, jane eyre" or movie watching. and then i intended to just read the posts of today, i.e., i my thinking, only partially subject to the siren call. again, given that i am pounding away on this keyboard, regardless my previous resolve, i have failed that previous resolve. but why?

in some ways, it is difficult for me to know where to begin at this moment, hence, i will begin with the easiest. readers unacquainted with my narrative, i have been virtually removed from any participation with lw/shiloh for over 30 years - that is until a few weeks ago after i learned of this forum. since then, i have spent many, hopefully, thoughtful hours in reading posts and contributing my own. as a result, i have been fortunate to be reacquainted with long ago acquaintances whom i have not been in contact with for decades. so to begin, methinks it essential, supremely essential, to thank the person responsible for this site and forum. so, to you sir/mamm, i say thank you. secondly, i wish to thank all of those that have contributed their thoughts, concerns, fortitude and support for each other. i chose to believe, and i certainly may be errant in such belief, that all or most of you, a diverse gathering of souls, have a primary task, and i sense that is what you are doing, to serve each other in the process of healing. to me, so far removed from the pain, abuse and being used, as many of you have been, you are each others' healers. i believe, from my outside looking in, that healing is tantamount to the essence to the health of your souls so far beyond earthly or divine justice or sticking an iowan corncob up hargrave's and minions porthole, if you get the drift.

Date: January 15, 2019 04:09PM

hi kboy and little red flag,
well, i love you too. perhaps someday we will sit i each other's company

Date: January 15, 2019 06:01PM

i think i may be in dangerous territory. a few hours ago, an hour away from iowa city, my home, i got a supercharged coffee from starbucks to help me keep awake and alert driving in a freezing drizzle, and i assure you, it is still working despite my first glass of merlot. so the dangerous territory i mentioned at the outset of this post is uh-oh, i just poured a 2nd glass of merlot. when hemingway wrote about the night and how it was so different from the day ("farewell to arms" or maybe "for whom the bell tolls", i do not recall although i read them both), i'd bet a dollar to a dime he might have had a couple of glasses of merlot or, perhaps, some elixir more energizing).

numerous posts of today i read, and was somewhat overwhelmed by it all. i find it needful for me at this late hour, early morning, to somewhat coalesce what most affected me in my readings of the various posts. for those of you that have not been significantly out of the lw/shiloh orbit, say 5 or 6 years, or you are a now member of a congregate that is having to deal with the present, i.e. today, issues re the lw. you love the members and they love you. and now you are all are presented with a very palpable dilemma. is the leadership unworthy or worthy of your further allegiance? for those, who have relied upon lw orthodoxy and spiritual guidance for most of their adult lives, and for some, all their lives, where does that leave them? completely, frigging lost. the underpinnings of their own moral compass is shattered and, as a result, they may loose sense of any moral code, any sense of the moral compass. and these, the little people, should not be the target of your disdain because they are just like you, just in a different time. it is too soon to decide whether the sepulveda church will rise up to a higher calling, a higher moral code which some of these posting, much more familiar with that church, seriously doubt. let us not forget about the little people there, some who may be even following all that is stated on this forum. and finally, i do take some exception to some of those who post (and congratulate me at times for the content of my posts) that folks reaching out for forgiveness are essentially disingenuous. how do you know this? perhaps some are not so dissimilar from who you were once, re lw. and now , they are trying to turn the page. many of they are now so profoundly confused that they cannot determine the difference from black and white and even grey. i plead that you all lend them all the compassion, forgiveness and joy in the lord that you are able.
happy trails, prettyboy

ps fsharp (thanks for the nickname you gave me) if you are still alive, i'd love to hear from you. if you are not, well maybe . . . .)

if anyone knows about fsharp, please let me know about him - we two had moments of conversation alone on the front porch of enos' farm, 1972

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.