Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:53AM

This article was published on November 17, 2018. I'm wondering what prompted The Gazette to do a story about Shiloh and TLWF. It doesn't mention anything about the information made public in October, and the article doesn't end with current information, either. The Gazette definitely deserves some comments regarding the article and updated information.

[www.thegazette.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lone.wolf ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:10PM

JesusJesusJesus:

Marilyn is indeed buried there. I was at the memorial service but haven't been back since to see it. I thought she was close to John's grave, but there have been so many changes to the "shrine" that it's unrecognizable to me anymore. I will add that at Shiloh, people are finally coming forward to say what a mistake it was to let Rick Holbrook have full control over the design of the cemetery. There is agreement that it's atrocious, and also discussion in the works of how they can revise it. It just sickens me how much money Rick had to play with, and no one to counter his decisions.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:00PM

lone.wolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JesusJesusJesus:
> there have been so many changes to the
> "shrine" that it's unrecognizable to me anymore.
> I will add that at Shiloh, people are finally
> coming forward to say what a mistake it was to let
> Rick Holbrook have full control over the design of
> the cemetery. There is agreement that it's
> atrocious,

Maybe she just doesn't have a marker yet. It's clear that the cemetery is still a work in progress. I was shocked, frankly, at how awkward and strange it was as well. Half shrine, half, um, performance site? It almost felt like a mini amphitheater or something. I can see Rick's influence now that you say it. I don't know what to think, except that it was very disjointed and bizarre - like something you'd find for Hitler's grave had Germany won instead of lost or something. (Maybe that's too harsh. I just couldn't hit upon a better analogy.)

I also took the time to read the special inscriptions that people had put on their stones over the years. Maybe that's another red flag people should look for in a church/cult- what gravestones say. "Until our faith is fulfilled" "Commissioned into death to pursue resurrection life" "Eternal life is not defeat. I free (names) to walk in fulfillment" "Prophet of God and friend of John Stevens" "One of our fathers and John's sons" "Intercessor for John" "Christ through a living vessel - speaks" "We are ending the cycle. See you then." I love exploring cemeteries and appreciate when people personalize their stones, but these just cry out "Walk Talk" and it made me very sad.

One stone had a section that had been cut out, leaving only, "XXXXXXXXX (name) was colonized to the church invisible XXXXXXXX (date) As per John's request XXXXXXX (chunk of stone cute out)" The original significance, presumably, was confounding enough, but it leaves an even more questionable impression without the missing piece. Another stone appeared to have had a word rubbed out, also. Makes me wonder if people were having regrets and changing them.

We had a family member who was asked to be moved to that section since this person had been such a support to John from the beginning. It caused some consternation and division among the family. I wonder, now, at why JRS needs so many people near him. I guess it's supposed to be an honor, but all I can think is that he had the expectation that people would be close enough to continue serving him slavishly in death like they did in life. Grrr...

Date: December 16, 2018 02:29PM

There was a 'person' in Palm Springs whom Stevens went to and sent others to. He was not a doctor and would put people on lemon juice fasts. He ate only raw foods.

This guy was not a believer--someone pointed out a huge wing span overhead on the grounds of the clinic (angel) and he dismissed it as 'energy'.

I don't remember the name but there was a young woman from LW whom Stevens sent to (a-hem) shack up with this character, according to Ron Young-;-)

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:30PM

Funny. I was just discussing the Shiloh cemetery with someone this morning. We were wondering what the master plan for it looked like since Rick took it over. Would it be like Disneyland? Would music be playing out of hidden speakers? Maybe it would have audio messages coming from the tombstones of key church figures.

Maybe a sky bucket ride over to top? Or a monorail running around the perimeter?

Date: December 16, 2018 02:35PM

The quack in Palms Springs was named Marvin Stein? I recall him trying to treat Jeff & Sandy Hayes’ son for cancer. Sadly, it didn’t work and I often wondered if regular agressive medical treatment would have been better.

Date: December 16, 2018 02:41PM

Gosh that rings a bell! I remember the story of the Hayes family. Marvin came a couple of times to the house meeting in Palm Springs. Led, of course, by Ron.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:50PM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The quack in Palms Springs was named Marvin Stein?
> I recall him trying to treat Jeff & Sandy Hayes’
> son for cancer. Sadly, it didn’t work and I often
> wondered if regular agressive medical treatment
> would have been better.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 16, 2018 07:46PM

JESUSjesusJESUS:

"This dictionary was made possible in large part by the help of anonymous contributors who are all former members of TLWF."

(Works for me. Happy to continue editing.)

Date: December 16, 2018 07:52PM

Cloud, I am not sure that is the same Marvin.

At one time, Marvin was located in Desert Hot Springs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.