Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:29AM

Thanks to all WALK TALK contributors.
(JesusJesusJesus--this is still your gig.)

I placed all the 'anatomical references' under SIGNS.

It looks like we'll have to post a weekly update--like a THIS WEEK.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fool me twice ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:36AM

This 'old doctor' was anything but a real doctor. He was a real piece of work. We were 'treated' by him too. This was over 40 years ago. Nothing he said was real and yes everyone in the church obediently saw him. Honestly,looking back now, I have to ask myself if everything about JRS was just as fake, even if perhaps JRS himself believed most of it. The fruit of a poison tree is still poison, just like you can't eat the section of a moldy loaf of bread that does not appear to be moldy. Don't even get me started about GH.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:54AM

The Menehune '. . . are a dwarf people in Hawaiian mythology who live in the deep forests and hidden valleys of the Hawaiian Islands, far from the eyes of normal humans.' Wikipedia

Think of them like the Hawaiian version of elves, fairies, and leprechauns. The only important info I remember hearing was they identified in the islands to JRS the 'channels or vortices', of 'spiritual highways' that were part of a matrix around the world, that connected 'special places' like Haleakala Crater on Maui, Mt. Shasta in CA, etc.

Pyramidology = Measurements of specific features corresponding to Biblical timelines foretelling the future and confirming Biblical authenticity

Also, don't forget Biblical Numerology: understanding the design of God's Word is through the meaning of Biblical numbers

(All of the above will be added to the WALK TALK lexicon.)

Posted by: JezTheBelle ()
Date: December 16, 2018 01:44AM

kbyrne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It also triggered a memory about Pyramidology. I
> remember we were encouraged to buy these big blue
> volumes. They weren't cheap either. Does anyone
> else remember what that was about?
>

I thought I was the only one who remembered that! I was a kid at the time, so I don't remember the book, but my parents were all over it! I only remember because I was so frightened.

Apparently, there was a crack or a line or something in some major pyramid and "reading" it was important in predicting world events. There was supposed to be a divot or a larger crack or an offshoot or something that had shown the rise of Hitler and all kinds of stuff like that. There was a major crack in "our time" predicting we had entered "the end times" and only had a few years left to bring forth the kingdom. Must've been 1982 or so?

Posted by: JezTheBelle ()
Date: December 16, 2018 01:46AM

kBOY Wrote:

> (All of the above will be added to the WALK TALK
> lexicon.)

Thank you so much for this KBoy! It's a lot of work but the results are important. Not only amusing, but a great record of our history!

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:20AM

The Walk Talk Dictionary For the Unindoctrinated, originally intended as merely a footnote or slim addition in the back, is going to end up being longer than the rest of what I wrote! :) As for credit in the booklet - is it ok if I just say, "This dictionary was made possible in large part by the help of anonymous contributors who are all former members of TLWF"?

Seriously, though - thanks to all who are contributing. I hope it's more cathartic than triggering. Seems to be prompting some interesting stories. The more the pieces are laid out and put together, the more they paint a picture of a deeply, profoundly messed up movement from day one.

Date: December 16, 2018 02:30AM

This 'old doctor' was anything but a real doctor. He was a real piece of work. We were 'treated' by him too. This was over 40 years ago. Nothing he said was real and yes everyone in the church obediently saw him. Honestly,looking back now, I have to ask myself if everything about JRS was just as fake, even if perhaps JRS himself believed most of it. The fruit of a poison tree is still poison, just like you can't eat the section of a moldy loaf of bread that does not appear to be moldy. Don't even get me started about GH.

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: December 16, 2018 07:43AM

I'm confused. Anyone know where Marilyn is buried? We were just out at Shiloh's new shrine to John (wow - that is QUITE the expansion from the old cemetery) but didn't see Marilyn's grave. Anyone know why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2018 07:47AM by JesusJesusJesus.

Posted by: kbyrne ()
Date: December 16, 2018 08:14AM

fool me twice Wrote:
> This 'old doctor' was anything but a real doctor.
> He was a real piece of work. We were 'treated' by
> him too. This was over 40 years ago. Nothing he
> said was real and yes everyone in the church
> obediently saw him. Honestly,looking back now, I
> have to ask myself if everything about JRS was
> just as fake, even if perhaps JRS himself believed
> most of it.

Fool me twice: I need to correct something I wrote. At the time, I did NOT realize the guy was a quack. It was at some later time that I would realize it. I can relate all too well regarding JRS. It's been the most difficult thing to come to terms with, is there anything that wasn't false about what I believed JRS to be. And I continued to defend him long, long, long after I left the walk. I know there's healing, but it hurts, and honestly, it pisses me off.

Date: December 16, 2018 08:35AM

kbyrne, At that time basically no one questioned anything JRS or the leadership said, I sure didn't. It was only later after thinking about all the things that 'old doctor' said that I realized he was the very much a quack. He also collected a fair amount of money,in total,that day. Concerning JRS I sure did not see him for what I now believe he was for many years. After JRS died we left TLW for several years. It was only because of my listening to many of the old tapes of JRS that I decided my family, and I, should return to the fellowship. I count that choice as one of the worst choices I ever made in my life. It has been and was quite difficult for me to come to terms with what I now believe. Cults are like that as we are still discovering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.