Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: September 27, 2016 02:12AM

lily rose – I think it is the work of the Holy Spirit that really starts to unravel the error of building a hierarchy in the church system. Building a hierarchy is the normal way humans do things – but that doesn’t mean it is God’s way. "The greatest among you will be your servant." When you honestly start feeling God’s compassion for others, the last thing on your mind is controlling their lives. You are excited to see what will happen if God touches their lives and releases the unique thing He created them to be. We as humans have no power to bring about a nature change in another – only God can do that. I think that is why Jesus picked the disciples he did – ignorant and unlearned men who later turned the world upside down. Their only credential was that they had been with Jesus. We all have the same hope and access. There is only one Door – and it’s not a self-appointed church leader as in the case of TLWF. Very often they are the ones blocking the way. “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.”

Groups like TLWF teach that the way to God is one of human initiative expressed by discipleship towards those who would take God’s place. This is supposed to gradually lead them into higher and higher levels – both spiritually and in the system - until there is this great breakthrough. Unfortunately, that breakthrough never comes and the only ones that benefit are those that claim to have a special place in God from which they can hand out access - that they don’t even have themselves - to others. The reason Jesus said to call no man leader, teacher, or father is that his teaching becomes toxic when someone else takes his place. "You have one teacher, the Christ" are words that should be shouted from the rooftops! Serving the servant Jesus is very liberating and so life giving. It can only be done with the help of the Holy Spirit – it’s humanly impossible otherwise – and meant to be that way.

Instead of the kingdom being some carrot that is never reached, as is demonstrated in TLWF, it is God becoming part of our everyday lives right now. Jesus teaching was never meant to be only applied when we get to heaven - we will not need it then. The most menial tasks take on spiritual meaning when we allow God to enter our everyday lives, instead of fantasying that He is way out there somewhere, just beyond our reach. I love what Romans 12 says in "The Message": “So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life – your sleeping, eating going-to-work, and walking-around life – and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.” The safest place to find out what He wants from you is to read the red letters in the Gospels – not the teaching of the thieves and robbers that only produce chaff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 27, 2016 09:52PM

kBOY Wrote:

> "Our preparation for His presence must include a
> repentance (what a surprise) for
> anything that resists knowing Him (obeying
> TLW leadership)
."

People are resisting the god Gary projects--the intolerant father in the sky that no one can please...nor should they try. No more accepting false guilt!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 28, 2016 06:25PM

HEADBANGER NEWS: Repent, You SOBs

"A Time of Repentance and Reconciliation"

September 25, 2016

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]

". . . we should make every effort to repent and return to God." (Better late than never.)

"Repentance . . . means turning to others (starting with TLW leadership?)."

"To atone for sins against one another (starting with TLW leadership?)."

"Our worship of the Lord will be hindered until we (TLW leadership) go to those we've offended (the beaten down and cast out sheep) and make things right with them."

"If we don't do this, it leads to division in the Body." (Ya think?)

"When we (TLW leadership) have committed an offense, we (TLW leadership) are responsible to make matters right by asking for forgiveness from the offended person." (Better late than never.)

"The unresolved issues we have with one another can impact the entire family of God." (Stating the obvious.)

"This love and reconciliation is the repentance that we're looking for (but will we see it?)."

"As we walk in love, God's Holy Spirit will prompt us to restore the broken relationships in our lives." (We'll believe it when we see it.)

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 29, 2016 12:24PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HEADBANGER NEWS: Repent, You SOBs
>
> "A Time of Repentance and Reconciliation"

> September 25, 2016
>
> [www.churchofthelivingword.com]
> e-of-repentance-and-reconciliation/
>
> ". . . we should make every effort to repent and
> return to God." (Better late than
> never.)

>
> "If we don't do this, it leads to division in the
> Body." (Ya think?)
>
> "When we (TLW leadership) have
> committed an offense, we (TLW
> leadership)
are responsible to make
> matters right by asking for forgiveness from the
> offended person." (Better late than
> never.)

>
> "The unresolved issues we have with one another
> can impact the entire family of God."
> (Stating the obvious.)
>
> "This love and reconciliation is the repentance
> that we're looking for (but will we see
> it?)
."
>
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Here comes the sarcasm.

Welcome to Gary's Repentance and Reconciliation Lifeline. Gary awaits your repentance for all the stink eye, I wish your were dead psychic shit you sent him for the past year. Please free yourself by stating how you #@%$^&*&^ Gary by emailing him at mywayorthehighway.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2016 12:34PM by lily rose.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: October 01, 2016 12:18AM

changedagain wrote: “People are resisting the god Gary projects--the intolerant father in the sky that no one can please...nor should they try. No more accepting false guilt!”
--------------------------

There’s an eternity of groveling in store for those who subscribe to the god Gary projects.

In distinction, those who subscribe to the Prodigal Parable Father affirmed by Jesus take their separate and equal station among the powers of creation. Everyone’s a dignitary at the Father’s Grand Party.

Date: October 01, 2016 04:18AM

FCSLC:

Invitations for the LOVE FEAST have also been extended to all grovelers and those who promote groveling.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: October 01, 2016 10:27PM

I heard Gary started dating a Brazilian midget.

Date: October 01, 2016 11:11PM

Please confirm through Snopes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2016 11:33PM by kBOY.

Date: October 02, 2016 08:18AM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I appreciate all of you. I especially like that
> the discussion is becoming more informative
> concerning brainwashing and hypnotic trance states
> ie. worship. If there is one thing that people
> who question or want to leave, the worship is the
> draw and always has been. Has anyone seen my
> brain? It seems that in that state one can justify
> doing anything. All logic and common sense are
> overridden by the "sprit being on top" LOL. My
> ass.

----------------------------------------------

I'm with you Cloudwatcher. In 2015, Factoverfiction posted about a 4 hour worship service where he/she sobbed uncontrollably. If exposed long enough to the tom-toms and singing, as Larry Bobo said it's "nothing more than being put in a suggestive state and calling it the spirit realm. Real worship is what you do practically with your life after you leave a church service." I recall numerous times when the worship leader would comment that he sensed a heaviness or a heavy spirit on the congregation in an attempt to use singing in the spirit to create some mood....as if to say I can lead you into the presence of the God....I am the mediator. Wrong. Larry's comment got me thinking that worship is not music. God is spirit so maybe to worship in spirit and in truth means not to worship with your body but from your soul(spirit) and not your lips (body). Anyway, much has been said about worship and part of clawing ones way out of the mind control is realizing TLW doesn't have a corner how it's done.

In reading about brainwashing and mind control, I learned some psychologists/psychiatrists claim that wisecracking humor may be the single most effective way to block indoctrination, the idea being during brainwashing if the subject laughs, the whole process is wrecked. I recall during a School of Prophets teaching on hearing the voice of the Lord (which in TLW means one's own deeply held opinions) JRS broke into singing, "And he walks we me and he talks with me..." The entire congregation joined in and the guy next to me whispered in my ear, "Who is Andy?" I cracked up..."Andy walks with me and he talks with me..." Maybe that wisecracking wrecked any chance of me buying into the teaching on hearing the voice of the Lord. I like to think so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2016 08:22AM by lily rose.

Date: October 03, 2016 03:12AM

funny parody on worship hypocrisy

[www.gocliff.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.