Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: July 17, 2016 03:09AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Just about every mentor I had in TLWF that I
> considered a decent human being was eventually
> forced out the fellowship, or died. That should
> have told me something, but it did not.
> Fortunately, at this this stage of my life, at
> least I'm a bit wiser.

I love that you said that. Most of us were puppies when we got caught up in the Gnostic teachings of JRS but eventually we did get wisdom about it. James 1:5 If you lack wisdom ask God for it. He gives wisdom without condition to all who ask. When cult leaders convince themselves and you that the Nazi control of your life and spiritual abuse they dish out is for your own good, ask God in the Sky for wisdom about that. The spiritual pride and narcissism that possesses the cult leader who believes he/she as a Son of God has moved into Christ's place convinces them they have been given free reign over the lives of the members; nothing could be more false, divisive, and dangerous to your spiritual growth. That's the wisdom God has given me about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: July 17, 2016 09:49AM

lily rose wrote: “The spiritual pride and narcissism that possesses the cult leader who believes he/she as a Son of God has moved into Christ's place convinces them they have been given free reign over the lives of the members; nothing could be more false, divisive, and dangerous to your spiritual growth. That's the wisdom God has given me about it.”

-----------

Good wisdom, indeed:

The Bible hints in a few places about the saints ruling and reigning. A few/many TLWF sermons have promised the membership that they will rule and reign. Chasing after this age old carrot has to be considered a total work of the flesh and there are probably some wise words from Jesus advising against such an endeavor. Loving your neighbor instead of wanting to rule over them is more in keeping with Jesus’ example. If there is some manifest destiny for believers, it’s love.

If we’re given some sort of ruling position in heaven, can we turn it down? I actually don’t want anything to do with making decisions for someone else.

Date: July 18, 2016 02:22AM

FCSLC Wrote:
>>
> >
> If we’re given some sort of ruling position in
> heaven, can we turn it down? I actually don’t
> want anything to do with making decisions for
> someone else.

I know.....Oy Vey what a headache. I've been reading Lifton's writings on the cult self and non cult self. I imagine when one sees their mentors being slaughtered the disconnect between the cult self and non cult self (if there is any left) can really create internal problems for the member unless they have the ability to compartmentalize the events. They say Pres. Clinton was really good at compartmentalizing negative circumstances in his life and continued to function very well. I thought about the story I shared of John Miller telling the members at Shiloh that the character Rizzo in the movie Grease was a channel and I think then even my cult self at the time thought that was a really stupid thing to say. But when I reflect back now I see that Miller was so sucked in to it all. (Note to my critics, this doesn't mean I didn't like Miller. He never harmed me.) Anyway, I thought about you FCSLC and it seems that even thought you experienced slaughter because you wouldn't submit to the new reign of the phoney incarnate Christ, your non cult self was still operating. Just thought I'd share that reading about the cult self and non cult self was helpful to me. Well, my neighbor who left his nuisance barking dog out all night just came home so I'm going over to read his electric meter. (Thanks for the tip Larry.)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 18, 2016 02:55AM

FCSLC Wrote:

> If we’re given some sort of ruling position in
> heaven, can we turn it down? I actually don’t
> want anything to do with making decisions for
> someone else.

I'm with you on that, FCSLC. Well, I might advise an underling to invest in a silver mine...but that would be the extent of my meddling.

Date: July 18, 2016 04:56AM

changed or Larry,

I watched a few of the free Hargrave podcast videos. In one G says that JRS struggled with believing God loved him (I vaguely recall hearing JRS say this). In another podcast, G mimics JRS saying that God ruined him (JRS). Do you recall ever hearing that JRS said this?

Date: July 18, 2016 08:03AM

I don't recall that, Lily.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: July 18, 2016 05:20PM

changedagain - FYI, the electrical meter was on the outside of the cabin, not the inside. I would not have interrupted their personal privacy to read a meter. I had a similar experience with Rick in Palmer Lake. The big idea is that behind the scenes I was treated differently than when others were watching - like one of the slaves, which I had consented to be at the time. Their whole personality morphed into something much more harsh than I had ever seen in public. Being two-faced is one thought that crossed my mind at the time. The other is that they could kick the dog and nobody would notice - unfortunately I was into being a good dog that was eager to please. Now that I've given up the rose colored lenses, neither are people I have any respect for. They are just cons using God's people for personal gain. As soon as there is no longer personal profit, people are discarded. God knows, and eventually it will be exposed.

lily rose - I remember John telling a joke about a little boy saying with a lisp that God had almost ruined him, but I don't recall John saying that about himself. Generally speaking, the more a person senses that God loves them the more apt they are to love others. I would suspect the lashing out at others I mentioned above was rooted in insecurity about their own relationship with God. John however, was always very kind to me.

Date: July 18, 2016 09:51PM

larry bobo Wrote:
> changedagain - FYI, the electrical meter was on
> the outside of the cabin, not the inside. I would
> not have interrupted their personal privacy to
> read a meter.

Yeah, I knew that, Larry. I didn't write the comment clearly, which happens more often than not. :)
As I mentioned, when I worked on their places, that was the similar treatment I received. The class system, in their minds, is communicated in a very direct, callous way.

Date: July 18, 2016 10:03PM

A couple years ago I did some work inside the L.A. home of Katy Perry. She came into the room I was working in, introduced herself, and spoke to my wife and I (briefly). At least she was courteous. Anyway, I was tempted to ask her if she knew the Lamp, but the better part of my nature served as a restraint. No trips.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: July 19, 2016 12:49AM

The class system; the caste system; social stratification:

--------------

People created it. People maintain it. Jerks apply it. Thank God the Spirit does not endorse it at all, otherwise underlings wouldn’t have much of a comfort zone in this world.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.