Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: July 14, 2016 08:58AM

Last year, I remember reading a post about some of the young people in TLWF leaving to join the IHOP Cult. IHOP is similar to the LW in taking the Latter Rain Doctrines and repackaging them as their own revelation. The link below is to a CBS 48 Hours broadcast about an IHOP death/suicide that aired last year. I was cleaning up my old emails and ran across it. I never viewed it until today. Although I know much harm and damage was heaped upon the members of the LW, what happened at IHOP was so sick it almost does make the LW leaders seem like the Cleavers. Anyway, gotta go. God needs me to effect the Tribulation.

[www.cbsnews.com]

If the link doesn't work you can find the video by goggling CBS News 48 Hours The Mysterious Death of Bethany Deaton. The title of the video is "Fall From Grace."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2016 09:09AM by lily rose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: July 14, 2016 10:27PM

HEADLINE NEWS: Perpetual Kingdom Preparations

"Be Prepared For His Kingdom"
July 13, 2016

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]

"We all have a lot of misconceptions about the Kingdom of God." This is the understatement of all time--the disparity between Christian doctrine and what Jesus actually taught.

"...our lives must be lived in preparation (TLW version) to rule and reign with Christ..." Once again, LOVE seeks to rule and reign over no one.

"We need to think of the Kingdom . . . in regard to our education and the developing of our talents." The fruit of those developments is evident to all who have been the recipients of those talents.

"We need to be preparing for the Kingdom now." Apparently, the last 50+ years were spent doing something entirely different.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: July 15, 2016 02:49AM

I dropped one of my teenage granddaughters off at the Desperation Conference (desperationonline.com) this morning and she was so excited for what had been happening, especially the worship services. Thousands of teenagers come together annually from all over the world from different churches for a few days of training, worship, prayer, and fun activities. I couldn’t help but contrast her enthusiasm with that of her mother (my daughter) going to the Shiloh Summer Camp. Picking thorn bushes in the hot humid Iowa weather was probably good training for a life in TLWF where a human takes the place of God. Instead of, “He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me besides quiet waters, He restores my soul”, you get preparation for a life of spiritual abuse, under the guise of the work of the cross, so you can be properly beat down and controlled. In addition, my daughter had the privilege of being interrogated by the local pastors and leaders for having a Jezebel spirit – apparently some of the boys were distracted by her good looks, which was obviously her fault and not theirs. (As a side note, several of those involved later apologized to her) My daughter has turned into an awesome woman of God in spite of having to overcome the abuse of TLWF - and she’s even more beautiful now. I’m so proud of her!

Note to Gary: You might at least try talking to your natural daughter – you may be pleasantly surprised at the woman she has become, even without you. In all this teaching about love, you may find that she is far more apt to love you, than you are to love her. Or, you can go back to your “great words” about the kingdom and not personally apply any of it – like John did with his daughters. At some point, it’s good to recognize that the words of Jesus carry far more weight than those of some ghost you’ve been chasing around.

Looking back over the years, it often seems that the ones who protest the loudest over particular sins are usually trying to cover up the same thing in themselves. My former pastor was president of the National Association of Evangelicals, had the ear of President Bush politically, and was outspoken against gays – all while having an affair with a male prostitute. I haven’t heard anything about Jezebels, Babylon, or Nephilim channels since leaving TLWF. Like the old childhood taunt, “It takes one to know one, and you know them all!” Maybe there’s a good reason TLWF knows so much about Jezebel!

My only one-on-one encounter with Gary, out of the spotlight anyway, was reading the electrical meter on G&M’s cabin in Palmer Lake. He was very upset that I would do so while they were inside – I should know better. It was not the smiley face on the platform. He was honestly pissed and made sure I knew that he and Marilyn were great and that I was nobody. I would contrast that with one of the leaders of the church I currently attend. I was doing some volunteer electrical work and loading my stuff up when he saw me out his office window. He’s no slouch by the way – a very busy man that teaches all over the world. He came outside, personally thanked me, and helped me load up my tools. Both of their actions spoke a thousand sermons to me about their personal character. Jesus said, “I didn’t come to be served, but to serve” – it doesn’t take much perception to see which one is demonstrating “Christ in the flesh”.

Date: July 15, 2016 03:28AM

L.B.

Yup. There's the talk and then there's the walk.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: July 16, 2016 10:20AM

larry bobo wrote: “He was honestly pissed and made sure I knew that he and Marilyn were great and that I was nobody.”

-----------

Neither Bowman Littleton nor Harold Bailey ever made me feel that way. Bowman and Harold are at the top of my list for people I was fortunate enough to know personally. They had a depth that was astonishing. The two Larry Bobo mentions above are now on my wish list of people to entirely forget.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 16, 2016 10:40AM

Well said, Larry.

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dropped one of my teenage granddaughters off at
> the Desperation Conference (desperationonline.com)
> this morning and she was so excited for what had
> been happening, especially the worship services.
> Thousands of teenagers come together annually from
> all over the world from different churches for a
> few days of training, worship, prayer, and fun
> activities. I couldn’t help but contrast her
> enthusiasm with that of her mother (my daughter)
> going to the Shiloh Summer Camp. Picking thorn
> bushes in the hot humid Iowa weather was probably
> good training for a life in TLWF where a human
> takes the place of God. Instead of, “He makes
> me lie down in green pastures, He leads me besides
> quiet waters, He restores my soul”, you get
> preparation for a life of spiritual abuse, under
> the guise of the work of the cross, so you can be
> properly beat down and controlled. In addition,
> my daughter had the privilege of being
> interrogated by the local pastors and leaders for
> having a Jezebel spirit – apparently some of the
> boys were distracted by her good looks, which was
> obviously her fault and not theirs. (As a side
> note, several of those involved later apologized
> to her) My daughter has turned into an awesome
> woman of God in spite of having to overcome the
> abuse of TLWF - and she’s even more beautiful
> now. I’m so proud of her!
>
> Note to Gary: You might at least try talking to
> your natural daughter – you may be pleasantly
> surprised at the woman she has become, even
> without you. In all this teaching about love, you
> may find that she is far more apt to love you,
> than you are to love her. Or, you can go back to
> your “great words” about the kingdom and not
> personally apply any of it – like John did with
> his daughters. At some point, it’s good to
> recognize that the words of Jesus carry far more
> weight than those of some ghost you’ve been
> chasing around.
>
> Looking back over the years, it often seems that
> the ones who protest the loudest over particular
> sins are usually trying to cover up the same thing
> in themselves. My former pastor was president of
> the National Association of Evangelicals, had the
> ear of President Bush politically, and was
> outspoken against gays – all while having an
> affair with a male prostitute. I haven’t heard
> anything about Jezebels, Babylon, or Nephilim
> channels since leaving TLWF. Like the old
> childhood taunt, “It takes one to know one, and
> you know them all!” Maybe there’s a good
> reason TLWF knows so much about Jezebel!
>
> My only one-on-one encounter with Gary, out of the
> spotlight anyway, was reading the electrical meter
> on G&M’s cabin in Palmer Lake. He was very
> upset that I would do so while they were inside
> – I should know better. It was not the smiley
> face on the platform. He was honestly pissed and
> made sure I knew that he and Marilyn were great
> and that I was nobody. I would contrast that with
> one of the leaders of the church I currently
> attend. I was doing some volunteer electrical
> work and loading my stuff up when he saw me out
> his office window. He’s no slouch by the way
> – a very busy man that teaches all over the
> world. He came outside, personally thanked me,
> and helped me load up my tools. Both of their
> actions spoke a thousand sermons to me about their
> personal character. Jesus said, “I didn’t
> come to be served, but to serve” – it
> doesn’t take much perception to see which one is
> demonstrating “Christ in the flesh”.

Date: July 16, 2016 10:53AM

Larry:
"My only one-on-one encounter with Gary, out of the spotlight anyway, was reading the electrical meter on G&M’s cabin in Palmer Lake. He was very upset that I would do so while they were inside – I should know better. It was not the smiley face on the platform. He was honestly pissed and made sure I knew that he and Marilyn were great and that I was nobody."

I've had a number of these type of encounters with him. This may be controversial, but I don't think he manifests the fruit of the Spirit :)

Date: July 16, 2016 10:46PM

FCSLC Wrote:

> Neither Bowman Littleton nor Harold Bailey ever
> made me feel that way. Bowman and Harold are at
> the top of my list for people I was fortunate
> enough to know personally. They had a depth that
> was astonishing. The two Larry Bobo mentions
> above are now on my wish list of people to
> entirely forget.

Just about every mentor I had in TLWF that I considered a decent human being was eventually forced out the fellowship, or died. That should have told me something, but it did not.
Fortunately, at this this stage of my life, at least I'm a bit wiser. One thing I'll never do, for instance, is read a man of God's electrical meter if he happens to be inside the home. I'm not quite sure how to properly read it anyway, so it is highly unlikely I would put myself into this situation.

Date: July 16, 2016 11:26PM

The ultimate irony is that for many, The Walk became The Climb for position and power, instead of a walk in LOVE.

Date: July 16, 2016 11:47PM

kBOY Wrote:
> The ultimate irony is that for many, The Walk
> became The Climb for position and power, instead
> of a walk in LOVE.

Yes
BTW, aside from Gary, Rick and Marilyn in the sky--who really has any clout in the fellowship?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.