Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 12, 2016 08:07PM

A.D.

To your point, two millenia ago, Jesus made the pronouncement, "The Kingdom of God covers the whole earth, but you do not SEE IT." The same holds true today. Those who SEE through the eyes of LOVE and INCLUSION are the only ones with VISION.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 13, 2016 01:46AM

Thanks for sharing, light777

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 13, 2016 02:39AM

I second the thank you light777

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 13, 2016 06:23AM

Me too. Thank you light77

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 13, 2016 06:31AM

Sometimes I listen to these words of this song. And I think of how Samson had his DeliLA, and of course Ahab had his Jezebel, David had his temptation, and I think of John and along came Marilyn.

I hope this song comes through, Cohen's Jalalujah (sorry for the spelling:

[youtu.be]

Posted by: TheSarge ()
Date: March 13, 2016 08:30AM

Light777, thank you for reaching out! Everyone's story/experience pierced my heart. It has been very hard for me, as well, to believe I gave over 30 years to JRS and then to Gary and Marilyn when I saw after John died, everything went wacko! I hope to see more from you.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: March 13, 2016 02:58PM

Welcome, Light777. I wish you all the very best!

Posted by: light777 ()
Date: March 13, 2016 03:43PM

Thank you for the kind words. I want others to know that they are not alone, or rather, that there are many, many more of us.

I have been wanting to write for quite some time now, however, when I would begin to type... my thoughts and words began to ramble, so I stopped. My intent was to and continues to be, to find the truth... to purge and bury the the twisted thinking / brain washing and to somehow forgive, as Christ did and continues to.

Apostle Dog: This song is one of my favorites! I love singing and worshiping to this song. I just watched the video and it brings amazing joy to my heart! I agree with your analogy... as I myself have had similar thoughts.

My husband has been through a lot with me, meaning standing by my side as I walked and continue to walk through the reality of learning that I had spent most of my life in a cult. I am divorced from my first husband (inbred Living Word marriage). In any event, my husband now was never in the Living Word (thank God)... although he has learned a lot from my family and me. Interestingly, he said one day:

"From what I have heard and learned, I believe that John Stevens was a true man of God at one time... however, somewhere along his spiritual journey / ministry, something went wrong".

Perhaps it began with Marilyn... I do not know, nor do I care, as I only have to answer for myself... my thoughts... my actions. And as I said in my first post, the process has not been easy for me... and the most difficult part is the hurt and division that it caused my family. For me, the restoration of my family is everything!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 13, 2016 11:02PM

Even within the original 'theology' of JRS, where he envisioned two distinct groups of differing dedications that would not break ranks, this was jettisoned overboard during the G&M regime, where it was 'our way or the highway'. There are still current 'words' on the 'oneness within the body', which still infer a division for those without.

Compare that with the statement by Jesus, "I lost not one", and we can see how the Gospel was jettisoned for religion.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 14, 2016 12:27AM

Light 777, I welcome you to our little society here,

You are on the right path now, and you are a vital asset to our forum. I think people are reading here, and through all the griping and healing process we go through here, there is a healing that God is delivering here, for us, and for those we don't know yet, that are struggling as well.

May we be part of the solution to those in the Walk now that are God is calling out, and for those that have been out decades and decades that are finally prepared for God to completey deliver from this ordeal we all went through.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.