Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: February 10, 2016 06:35AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There have been some specials on TV about Charles
> Manson and his "family" cult. I couldn't help but
> think, gosh those young women that were his
> followers sure reminded me of the Blix girls from
> the 70's. Same vibe. Same blind loyality.

I love to watch Charles Manson's parole hearings every time he goes up for them. One time they asked him, "Mr. Manson, what would you do if you do receive your parole this time?" Charlie had his answer right away, "If I get my parole I am going to go to some city that has a park in it, and just lurk around in the bushes."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 10, 2016 08:14AM

I was going to postulate that the Manson family had the right theology, they just became a victim of external corrupting influences....but I'm not sure if that is totally correct. I need to do a little more research.

#ObedienceBringsOneness
#NeverTooFanatical

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: February 10, 2016 09:37AM

One thing for sure, about the Manson Family girls, like JRS said, "God honors your submission to your shepherd, even if the shepherd is wrong, God will bless them for what they did."

Just checking to see how that spiritual principle worked out for them.. what do you all think?

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 10, 2016 12:12PM

Hey, wow. 300 pages !!!

Date: February 10, 2016 12:48PM

paleface Wrote:
> Hey, wow. 300 pages !!!

Our group in now entering the third anointing. Time for comments that trigger signs and wonders.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: February 11, 2016 03:56AM

TheJewel Wrote:
> >
> ... if I ever decide to enter something
> "Christian" again it will not be anything
> Charismatic, Evangelical, Pentecostal or any of
> the rest of the "whoredom" that want to be a part
> of this "Shotgun Wedding" between religion and
> politics that we seem to be seeing so much of
> these days. It makes me want to puke.
>
> ___________________________________________________________________

"Puke" wow that's what is known here as classic internet vomit.

Did saying that make you feel better? Was it a release?

The topic here is JRS, the Walk, LW and the destructiveness of its cultish behavior; the topic is not all of Christian land.

I wonder if your post helped anyone in TLWF who was thinking of leaving the cult and transitioning into one of the churches that makes you puke?

I haven't followed or read any posts on this forum for months but thought I would check in today and I started reading the comments from yesterday but after reading Jewel's post I have changed my mind.

I know that on the internet there is a group mentality and culture of aggression and mockery towards Christian land that hinders substantive discourse. I didn't expect it to raise its head here. I would suggest that posters be sensitive to the audience who follows this forum and stay on topic.

If you want to bash Christian land, I suggest you start a strand with that as the topic so readers know what to expect if they choose to follow the posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 04:06AM by lily rose.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:38AM

Lily --

Wow, must have struck a nerve I guess. Sorry.

Perhaps I could have had said a bit more simply, I have no interest in leaving one “cult” just to join another one. And, hopefully, you agree that there are a lot of opportunities out there to do just that, many of these just as “Christian” looking (many even more so) than TLW.

Yes, I have some very strong opinions regarding what I see in much of this thing that calls itself “Christianity” right now which seems to have embraced a level of intolerance and a passion for violence that I am not comfortable with. We have the NAR (that has been discussed here a few times) who seems to have as one of its goals “Christianizing” our government, we recently had a boat load of “evangelicals” (whatever those really are) in Iowa just gave the thumbs up to a guy who wants resurrect “carpet bombing” as a tool of war. This stuff scares me, way more than anything I ever saw in TLW (most of which in my opinion anyway, never worked anyway – as I have pointed out elsewhere).

Much of the discussion here is how far off the track TLW was, I think much of “Christianity” has gone off the track and I simply expressed that opinion in a closing statement of a post that I think WAS on topic (I didn't go back and re-read it). Expressed rather bluntly, I agree, but it is just an opinion after all.

Well, there you have it, without invoking the “P” word :-).

Jewel

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 11, 2016 09:26PM

As we all know, the liturgy of TLW did not come out of nowhere, but has its feet firmly planted in Christian theology. Everyone here who spent any significant time within its ranks knows full well just about every action taken had some scriptural justification attached to it, bringing into question, its authenticity with regards to representing the GOSPEL of LOVE. In that sense, the entire foundation is fair game.

We are also aware of the fact that there are many loving people who are Christians, as well as many unloving ones who profess the same, which also applies to individual churches as well. The ones being called into question here include those who have used Christian doctrine to justify perpetrating very unloving acts upon others. As stated earlier, TLW does not exist in a vacuum, but is just one more permutation of an overall theology that has reeked much havoc across the global landscape the last 2000 years. It is not LOVE that is being called into question, but a doctrine that has stepped far outside the parameters of LOVE, and TLW and Christianity are two sides of the same coin.

Date: February 11, 2016 10:29PM

What passed for discipline in TLWF, would be considered abuse by anyone of a sane, healthy mind. Think of what many of us endured, and what we witnessed others endure, when an authority figure decided to administer the "dealings of the Lord"-- social isolation, prolonged programs of menial labor, alcohol fueled 'counseling' sessions, demeaning 'living words' attempting to explain why God seems to always be pissed off etc. Every bit of it, of course, justified by some twisted application of scripture. I recall this one often being cited from the pulpit:
"Whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."
(somewhere in the book of Hebrews)
note: after you've been chastened and scourged, you will likely have a difficult time handling the most minor, mundane matters of life. This forum, even with the occasional 'puk..g' has been helpful, at least to me, in sorting things out...and restoring some humanity.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:46PM

Catharsis can be a very valuable tool. While perhaps not realizing it, Lily did a little pu...kng as well. This is a very cool forum, for which I am grateful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.