Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 07, 2016 12:02AM

Thank you, Jan for the news. Sad. I sent you a PM. I hope you don't mind. Great hearing from you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: February 07, 2016 01:54AM

Glen Oswald, that was the name that was right on the tip of my tongue. I used to hear his name a lot, but I never met him. I think I MIGHT have met Vere Thomas, I know I met Bill Maybe, we got along really good, we would bump into one another in Shiloh. He is the guy that was talking with me at the front entrance of Shiloh and the pig walked right up to us. Bill made a remark about pigs being common around Shiloh, but I think he was using some of that good ole Walk double talk, because it had a little different meaning than our current little friend.

Posted by: jan w. lane ()
Date: February 07, 2016 03:09AM

Thanks for your reply. I will check those fb pages out. It is very hard to let go of some of the past. I try to set things into proper perspective, but I often think of those I knew both at Coniah Chapel and the church in Campbell under Howard Klein. It takes you back, doesn't it? I must say, I am feeling very old this morning.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 07, 2016 07:32AM

I heard someone say this "my time in the Walk was sort of like high school. There were good times and bad. But eventually you graduate and move on."

You don't stay in high school your whole life. And you learned what you needed to learn, hopefully. But a reunion every decade or so can be fun.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:14AM

changedagain wrote: “What is the hierarchical chain of command, anyway? I was never allowed access to the new organizational chart. My guess: God the Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, John, Marilyn, Gary, Rick, Silas, Charlie Day...

-------------------

Some scholars have suggested the idea of rank comes to us from ancient ancestral observation:

The Sun = God the Father

The Moon = Jesus reflecting the light of the Sun

The flow of light = The Holy Spirit

----------------

Just one more reason to call no one on earth father, teacher or leader. No doubt the cult faithful cringe at such blasphemy.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 07, 2016 10:25PM

FCSLC Wrote:

> Some scholars have suggested the idea of rank
> comes to us from ancient ancestral observation:
>
> The Sun = God the Father
>
> The Moon = Jesus reflecting the light of the Sun
>
> The flow of light = The Holy Spirit
>
> ----------------

Interesting, FCSLC

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 07, 2016 10:49PM

The idea of hierarchy is just another iteration of duality, where everything is compared, contrasted, evaluated and judged. It then gives rise to levels, degrees and distinctions.

Non-duality (HEAVEN) is the ONENESS Jesus referred to in his statement, "I and my FATHER are ONE." Simple is as simple does.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:27PM

I guess the Walk might have lost the apostles and prophets, after all, when Marilyn was the honcho with Gary as her helpmate, they called themselves the "founding pastors" of the group. I guess they were the founders of the Walk the sequel, it was certainly a totally new experience after JRS died. Doesn't really matter though what you call them, whoever is in charge is considered deity.

That in and of itself is a total antithesis of what Jesus taught. He said "call no man father," He rejected even being called "good." When referred to as good teacher I think it was, He said none are good other than God. Yet the religion of Christianity makes little gods of the jokers that come along from time to time, there is always some leader with his own little kingdom, they are a dime a dozen, they come along in history and they eventually fall prey to their own lusts and greed, they come, and then they go, and their little kingdoms eventually crumble not all that long after they die out. What is thirty years in the scheme of things. Eventually all the kingdoms of the world will be shown up as to who their true leader is, and when we see who actually is has been in charge, we will wonder how this joker has been able to pull the wool over everybody's eyes for so long.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 07, 2016 11:59PM

I remember back when the message/This Week titled “The Line is Drawn” came out. The young militant loyalists jumped all over it. As you say kBOY, “The idea of hierarchy is just another iteration of duality, where everything is compared, contrasted, evaluated and judged. It then gives rise to levels, degrees and distinctions.”

My family began to hate going to church at that time.

As you say kBOY, “Non-duality (HEAVEN) is the ONENESS Jesus referred to in his statement, "I and my FATHER are ONE."

Love produces oneness/non-duality, anything less produces a war-zone/wasteland.

I think Jesus’ words produce more love than Paul’s. Even that statement is a distinction. Some mystics say the space between thoughts is where some good non-duality resides.

Time to get distracted by the church of the NFL. Happy super bowl Sunday to all.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 08, 2016 12:21AM

Super Bowl Sunday is the epitome of duality--a non-dual tie would be completely unacceptable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.