Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: February 16, 2016 05:02AM

“Yep, I can see it now, the janitorial staff undergoing hazmat training to learn the proper handling and disposal of ectoplasm.”

Perhaps even more useful would be to learn the proper handling and disposal of bovine excrement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 16, 2016 07:46AM

LB wrote:

“I know what Jesus taught about marriage in the afterlife, but apparently it doesn’t apply to Gary and Marilyn - they are still carrying on their relationship. I also wonder what will happen when Gary tires of a ghost and wants a flesh and blood wife again – will the teaching have to change again as it has so many other times”?

Of course. No problem. The foundation already exists:

Gary could justify having an active wife in the “cloud” as well as marrying a virgin or several virgins according to the Lord/Old Testament reasoning (LDS Doctrine and Covenants Section 132) and therefore solidify total control over the church, maintaining his income as well as having good sex. It’s all a part of tailor-made revelations for those at the top.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: February 16, 2016 08:04AM

I remember a little while after I left the Walk, there was a church that was still in for a while, and the pastor called me and told me they were now out too. What made them leave was when Gary and Marilyn supposedly had a visit from JRS in the dead of the night. So all of that is nothing new with them. Of course, that did finally wake up one church.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 16, 2016 10:15AM

As humorous as this discussion may get, I would not be surprised if the G-man finds himself a Brazilian honey to keep him company on nights when he and M are not on speaking terms. There are probably no viable candidates here in the U.S., as it has become quite a jaded TLW environment. What is needed is someone who almost no one knows about to keep any dissenting voices to a minimum. It would also justify spending more and more time in Brazil, where the adoring crowds await.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 16, 2016 10:39AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As humorous as this discussion may get, I would
> not be surprised if the G-man finds himself a
> Brazilian honey to keep him company on nights when
> he and M are not on speaking terms. There are
> probably no viable candidates here in the U.S., as
> it has become quite a jaded TLW environment. What
> is needed is someone who almost no one knows about
> to keep any dissenting voices to a minimum. It
> would also justify spending more and more time in
> Brazil, where the adoring crowds await.

Oh...those adoring Brazilian crowds--filled with so many divine possibilities!

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 17, 2016 12:51AM

So Gary has a bazillion followers now?

Date: February 17, 2016 01:45AM

I have a question for all the Living Word people that happen to read these posts. If the sole purpose of all the money and labor all of these years was to "get the word out," they why is Living Word not doing just that. R. D. Cronquist messages are all over Youtube right now, they are not videos but they are recorded old sermons of his, and then there is Frances Frangipane, another old Living Worder, he is busy getting his sermons out for people to hear. Why is Living Word not at least posting messages on Youtube, such as messages by John Robert Stevens and even Gary Hargrave, or any of them, nothing is going to the public and it is very inexpensive. If you could pay Gary and Marilyn hundreds of thousands of dollars, surely you could spend a few bucks to make the Living Word available to everyone.

Date: February 17, 2016 03:21AM

PALEFACE:

I don't know about a 'bazillion', but only in Brazil has the G-man ever been able to address 300+ ministers from all faiths, been a party to welcoming the Pope, and not have to deal with the leadership/laity weirdness found in the states.

Date: February 17, 2016 03:38AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PALEFACE:
>
> I don't know about a 'bazillion', but only in
> Brazil has the G-man ever been able to address
> 300+ ministers from all faiths, been a party to
> welcoming the Pope, and not have to deal with the
> leadership/laity weirdness found in the states.

I have to wonder if there might be just a little bit of stretching the facts going on there.

Date: February 17, 2016 05:19AM

A.D.

The address to the 300+ ministers happened in the last couple of months, being a part of the Papal welcoming committee happened under the previous Pope, and anyone familiar with the culture in L.A., knows that the leadership is oftentimes separated from the laity by security. Such as it is . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.