> That list seems right. I think Mel Bailey was one
> as well.
>
> Does anyone know what happened to Billy Joe
> Arnold, Bill Arnold's son? I knew him for a bit
> when he was in San Diego.
>
> Jewel

You can add Bill (?) Holbrook in Ohio (That's where Yoko's ex-husband hid out for a while) and Glen Oswald (Apostle to Canada and Sweden) to the list

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 05, 2016 09:53PM

Well, it pretty much looks like the main qualification for being an apostle in TLW was to be 'first-generation'. Apart from that, the plumbline of having had a 'visitation' seemed to have been thrown by the wayside, diluting the requirements substantially. The list of usual suspects looks more like a gentlemen's club than one having substantial spiritual gravitas.

As much fun as pulling names out of a hat is, we would do well to remember that this represents more fabrication and appeasement than any representation of what Jesus actually taught.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: February 05, 2016 11:20PM

I find the subject of the occult to be very interesting. It really is assigned a great deal more meaning than it deserves. The word simply means "hidden", or "covered from view". Latin origin, I think, Heck, you can say the same about God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit. I guess that makes them occult, because they are most certainly hidden from anyone's view!

The aspect I find the most remarkable about the occult, or the Devil, Satan, undergoing warfare, or whatever, is the amount of power we are willing to attribute to whatever we choose to call our concept of occult. The archetype of the Devil is nearly silent in the OT in comparison to that large body of work. Eden, and Job, with a mention in Ezekiel and Isaiah are about all we have to go on. And in Job, there is no animosity between God and Satan. It's just a conversation between the guys. Then, in the NT most mentions come from Paul, someone who probably never laid eyes on Jesus.

I think that if we are going to assign the moniker of "all powerful" to God, then the notion that Satan is to be given any power at all is is sort of a tacit agreement that God isn't really powerful enough to handle our troubles. Or, maybe we subscribe to the theory that suffering is essential to attain spirituality, so then Satan becomes a real necessity, because God wouldn't hurt his little ones, right? So in that regard, Satan becomes the patsy. Got to have an antagonist in order to suffer properly.

Well, anyway, I think we give the occult a lot more credit than is due. I'll go back to my ouija board now.

Date: February 05, 2016 11:25PM

CONJURED

The devil
is in the
details

of all
we have
conjured up

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 06, 2016 01:42AM

Anyone reading this forum that is still in TLWF...feel free to forward to either confirm or deny what I was told recently from what I consider to be a credible source--that Marilyn is challenging Gary to relate to her in the spirit, and that in effect, she is still calling the shots.
Anonymity is respected here, BTW...even though many privately have identified themselves to other members.

Date: February 06, 2016 02:50AM

Is Marilyn having to first confer with JRS as to what direction to take before downloading instructions? During the G&M era, I never once remember hearing that they were being guided by the ghost of JRS past.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2016 03:18AM by kBOY.

Date: February 06, 2016 03:12AM

Norman Bates's Mom was as close to him even after...
nevermind
Please disregard this comment.

Date: February 06, 2016 08:41AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> During the G&M era, I never once remember hearing that they were being guided by
> the ghost of JRS past.

Neither did I, kBoy. What is the hierarchical chain of command, anyway? I was never allowed access to the new organizational chart.
My guess: God the Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, John, Marilyn, Gary, Rick, Silas, Charlie Day...

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: February 06, 2016 10:02AM

Someone asked me what is the short cut when I want to google the Living Word Fellowship,,,, I thought for a second, then i had it, I said:

Oh,,,,cult

Posted by: jan w. lane ()
Date: February 06, 2016 04:45PM

I think my last visit to the forum was around Thanksgiving. I have just spent the last hour looking at various posts, and it seems like everything is carrying on pretty much as it was. It is good to take a few steps back from it all.

Life is short. I don't know if anyone from the Coniah Chapel group under Pastor RD Cronquist remembers a young woman by the name of Dawn Lounsbury...she had an older sister named Debbie...........This was in the early 70's. Well, sadly she is in hospital with advanced stage 4 breast cancer and will be enrolling in hospice care soon. We were good friends through nursing school and although life creates gaps and distance between people, I am feeling great sadness tonight. She hasn't even reached her 59th birthday yet.

I am not sure what I am trying to say here, except that our lives really are not our own. Every day is a gift. We must remain mindful and aware that with respect to pretty much everything, LOVE is the greatest gift we can bestow or receive from our fellow man. In the scheme of things, not much else holds value, except for Forgiveness. We must all move forward with our lives in a more positive way. We must let go of the past disappointments and hurts. I think that for those of us who have spent a bit of time on this forum, we should be concentrating on letting things go. We cannot make sense of what happened. It is what it is. Obsessive behaviour is difficult to manage, as we all seem drawn into the web of what once was a binding force in our lives. Letting go of the hurt and the resentment and entering into a state of forgiveness is the only thing now that will break the bondage to the past. Perhaps, and this is just a suggestion, someone could start a fb group with a focus on something unrelated to the Walk. It could be therapeutic.

Wishing you all peace and love.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.