Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 24, 2015 09:31AM

The moderator wrote:

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader:

#10 --- The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing “truth.”

----------------

This is the one that got me. I thought God was giving John Robert Stevens “special” revelation and insight into the Bible especially for the end times. JRS was the champion theologian unsealing the “sealed book” and heading up God’s final army to destroy death and futility in the whole universe. JRS was Elijah to come for this age --- commander, chief, prime intellectual and spiritual discerner. I was thrilled and excited about being privileged to be included in such consummate monumental happenings. It was awesome.

The article pointed out by lily rose entitled: ----- Full text of “Anointing – or Apostasy? The Latter Rain Legacy by Charles Graves”

This one hundred plus page report did the trick for me. The report pummeled, sacked, discombobulated, refuted, destroyed, took apart, knocked out, leveled, mitigated…….all my former beliefs about JRS and TLWF teaching.

Except for the erroneous doctrine and invasion/infiltration of the freaking bullies, I had some good fellowship with some great people too.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 24, 2015 11:45PM

'Willing to work for gas money'

Posted by: chlew ()
Date: January 30, 2015 04:45PM

Hi, I am researching cults and how they change the psychology of its members through brainwashing etc. I've anyone would be comfortable answering 10 questions on their own experience or someone you know, please take 2 mins to fill out my survey as it would be so helpful, thank you very much. There is no registration and therefore you can remain totally anonymous.
[www.surveymonkey.com]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 31, 2015 12:15AM

If one of the questions is whether I prayed for the death of the nephilim, the answer is YES. And eventually she did die.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 31, 2015 05:14AM

I took your survey chlew:

Some of the questions made me wonder about the survey: Most people involved in cults do not have a mental illness, use drugs, have abnormal dependencies or have bad brains. From early childhood my main interest was finding the meaning of life. Reading books, taking philosophy courses at the university, listening to friends, investigating whatever is available, etc. etc. are acceptable ways of inquiry. Has life as an accident in tandem with evolution been rubber stamped as the only valid explanation for the current situation, everything else is cultish and a sign of mental illness?

When a person leaves a cult, they don’t dumb down. The survey actually made me feel uncomfortable and makes me question the underlying (not too in depth) thinking that went into the multiple-choice questions. It’s an okay survey for high school, but not for a professional.

Also, the cult didn’t change my psychology, it was unable to satisfy it.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: January 31, 2015 10:08AM

Good points about the survey FCSLC. I think a good multiple choice survey question would be, "Which movie best describes your experience in the LW cult?

a. Look Back in Anger (1959)
b. From Here to Eternity (1953)
c. You Can't Go Home Again (1979)
d. Helter Skelter (2004)
e. Other_______________

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 31, 2015 10:37AM

I, too, looked at the survey. It seemed to imply that cults change people's personality. I'm not sure they do. At least not the LW. People basically do not change. Oh God we tried, too.

I think there are "quirks" we picked up from the Living Word. And some deep fears. But most ex-members still are basically the same people. But the LW did bring out some deep meaness that some people had. G&M enabled that meaness in people.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: January 31, 2015 12:24PM

There might have been some mental illness. First time I saw a highly emotional flamboyant pastor speak I thought...BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder.)

Posted by: Saw enough ()
Date: January 31, 2015 12:57PM

Lily Rose --

Another movie title for aging members who still engage in violent intercession:

Old Yeller

For those who got out sooner, rather than later: 12 Years A Slave

For those who religiously followed every fad from Franklin Planners to the McDougall diet: The Imitation Game

Gary Hargrave's explanations for everything from failed election prayers to why the LWF is responsible for the election of the new pope: The Theory of Everything

Girls who left the fellowship rather than get married to 60-year-old divorcees: Gone Girl

LWF's refusal to acknowledge the damage they have caused to countless people: Unbroken.

Good night!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.