Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
What an "authentic" LGAT Might look like
Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 06, 2007 01:19AM

Having read the various posts here it occurs to me that at least some of us think these LGATS have at least some benefits to offer. It’s the methods and structures that appear to enrage everyone. So I thought it might be fun to design one that might work for everyone.

Blue Pill’s LGAT design, here we go!

1. It would be a clearly defined NOT FOR PROFIT financial structure. No dividends, no shady financial structures. Accounts would be posted in black and white on the company website every quarter for all to see. Investment in developing the business is fine as long as it is in line with the non profit structure.
2. The board to be from accountable, professionally trained areas in appropriate backgrounds (eg – Psychology, Philosophy etc)
3. The founder(s) is (are) not the subject of significant allegations of legal or personal malfeasance
4. Its objective would be human happiness and fulfilment, tolerance for all faiths and belief systems
5. Weekend Seminars would start at 10am and finish at 6pm. A break of at least 20 minutes every couple of hours. If participants want to go and have an evening meal together at the end of the day that’s their choice and would be suggested, not enforced
6. Participation contract = Eat and Drink whenever you want (but not to disrupt things for others), put into your body whatever you feel like doing, go to the bathroom whenever you feel like it (or a stretch break or even a walk if you want). Aim to be back on time from breaks (its common courtesy to other participants) but you won’t be treated like a disgusting pig in front of everyone if you are, just politely asked to be on time in future.
7. At the start it is made clear that this is simply an enquiry into how Human Beings might be a happier bunch.
8. Absolutely no weird boards with bizarre mantras written on them
9. Staff setting up the room will be managed with respect. No rulers, measuring tapes or obsession about perfection. As long as everything looks tidy and organised its just fine. Paper cups for drinking water do not have to look like the front of a spaceship – anything that looks tidy is just fine.
10. Sharing from participants is dealt with tactfully and with respect. No one is made to be reduced to tears by the seminar Trainer (note the word “Trainer” and not “Leader”)
11. A qualified and trained Psychologist to be on hand at every seminar
12. Critical views of the seminar’s ideas and concepts are welcomed and openly debated. If the group decides that one particular idea is not for them you simply move on to the next concept or idea. Concepts that are rejected by the group as a whole are parked for discussion the next day.
13. Individuals who reject any concept will not be vilified by the Trainer. Their views will be welcomed and their opinions respected and noted. If their view is considered by the group to be of note, or even remarkable in nature it will be acknowledged and recorded and be returned to at the final session for a final debate.
14. No doublespeak or weird language. Everything gets discussed in English. If concepts require a name then its given something meaningful but not bizarre. Participants are asked NOT to get obsessed with any new labels
15. Absolutely NO graduation evenings. No insistence on asking others to do “the Work”, its entirely up to the participant to recommend what they have experienced to others. Participation has nothing to do with enrolling others in being “converted” its all about your experience and what you want to get out of it
16. “Completion calls” with friends or relatives are encouraged but not mandatory to be successful
17. EVERYONE is a properly paid staff member with proper employment contracts, salaries & benefits. ABSOLUTELY NO volunteers. Fair checks and balances on staff performance, not geared up towards purely Sales but about things like Customer satisfaction, life experience improvement etc etc.
18. Sales staff are just that, Sales staff. They are not unpaid, abused slave labour to be treated like dirt. Their performance will be measured of course, but the goal will always be about Customer satisfaction.
19. Sales pitches and methods are to be made “enticing” but never “hard sell”. They should be based on empirical evidence and testimonials from delighted customers and NOT pressure, brow beating or any guilt inducing techniques
20. Criticism of the company is openly welcomed in the press or any other media, as long as it is not inaccurate or deflamatory.

Well any more? Anyone want to start one up with me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 06, 2007 12:00PM

I don't think an LGAT can be made into something authentic anymore than one could sell Hitler as being an angelic humanitarian figure in history.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 06, 2007 01:33PM

ON2 LF
I don't think an LGAT can be made into something authentic anymore than one could sell Hitler as being an angelic humanitarian figure in history.

Ha ha.

Eloquently put, indeed ...

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: October 06, 2007 03:56PM

Blue Pill
Paper cups for drinking water do not have to look like the front of a spaceship

:lol:

well, Landmark, our wold-class enterprise with world-class service ...

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 06, 2007 10:40PM

Blue...these sound like great ideas.

But. And I have to say this as one human to another: You sound like you're still clinging to LE, Blue. Or an apologist.

There are many 12 step programs out there that are absolutely free. There are many group counseling sessions that are quite inexpensive.
These are just a few examples.

There's no need for something that already exists. Otherwise, you're...chasing a high LE gave you that you may not want to admit.

I wish LE or other LGATS would operate like you mentioned they ought to. I wish they would but they're not.

Posted by: Blue Pill ()
Date: October 07, 2007 01:36AM

Vic-Luc
Blue...these sound like great ideas.

But. And I have to say this as one human to another: You sound like you're still clinging to LE, Blue. Or an apologist.

There are many 12 step programs out there that are absolutely free. There are many group counseling sessions that are quite inexpensive.
These are just a few examples.

There's no need for something that already exists. Otherwise, you're...chasing a high LE gave you that you may not want to admit.

I wish LE or other LGATS would operate like you mentioned they ought to. I wish they would but they're not.

No way am I apologising for these dirt bags. I just thought it would be fun to come up with a design that would work, just in theory. Of course the problem is that as soon as you create anything aimed at influencing ideas, it usually gets corrupted Im just saying some of what gets talked about in LE has some merit - the tragedy is the CORE is corrupt.

Date: October 07, 2007 05:02AM

Im just saying some of what gets talked about in LE has some merit - the tragedy is the CORE is corrupt.

Isn't it true that what has merit has been established, and proven true in real-world-life already? Whatever has merit in LE is NEVER going to be something new or original, exclusively put forth by landmark. The entire core is not only corrupt, but is stolen from other's work, disguised as original LE material by its evil use.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 07, 2007 12:22PM

ON2 LF,

Well put. Exactly the gist of the thread I started the other day. They steal others ideas and repackage them as their own. I noticed this when I was in Landmark, a lot of the so called break through ideas was stuff I had already heard before.

Working in a group.... Been there done that before. Did it in college for capstone projects to graduate. Do that now to help my customers to solve problems. Hmmm....In college my profs and TA's didn't tell me to move chairs and align name tags so I could have a "breakthrough" on my project. Funny, I get paid to coordinate people and resources and get to see other "Well Paid" employees do grunt work.

Home work asignment that keeps me up late.....Yes I paid for the class and the Prof might be ticked if I didn't turn in my report. But when it was all said and done I got a degree that's of tangible value....I don't see any recognized degree work from Landmark....And those so called CEU's "Continuing Education Units" what a bunch of BS. I've never once had an employer ask me for CEU's, college transcript yes, CEU's No!

Volunteer & Recruit.....Yes, but for a couple of "Non-Profit Organizations" not for a company brining in $75 million US a year. Let's see for my non profits I volunteered with I got...a couple of all expense paid trips to cool US cities to actually go and learn something, a couple of nice Polo shirts, a set of golf balls I can put in one of those fancy golf ball displays you see in an executives office. What did I get from landmark...well I did go to dinner afterwards, but I recall that I had to frekin pay for the Pizza we had....Oh I almost forgot....humiliate myself infront of friends and family....no trips, no shirts, and NO BALLS!!! :roll:

Date: October 07, 2007 04:44PM

Home work asignment that keeps me up late.....Yes I paid for the class and the Prof might be ticked if I didn't turn in my report. But when it was all said and done I got a degree that's of tangible value....I don't see any recognized degree work from Landmark....And those so called CEU's "Continuing Education Units" what a bunch of BS. I've never once had an employer ask me for CEU's, college transcript yes, CEU's No!

I always found it interesting when my lekkie friend complained about how condescending professors were, by teaching like the student doesn't know anything. GO figure. It escapes me how she hasn't yet come to the same conclusion about her lekkie 'teachers'. She's been to enough courses to have been totally belittled and reprimanded by them by now.
Also baffling, was how she used to justify lekkie jargon by saying that any program you enter in a university has its own jargon too. She hated homework assignments, took up too much time (real school assignments), but when landmark took over her life, she couldn't do enough homework assignments. She has yet to wake up to this radical change of attitude in herself.
She is actually a very intelligent person too, her being so thoroughly conned is just beyond me. I probably need to just admit that I did not know her as well as I thought I did.
She was doing quite well for herself before landmark took over, she moved many steps backwards professionally, socially, and financially after just a year of landmark. She has yet to realize, not only does she [i:00fdbea284]not[/i:00fdbea284] have anything to show for her involvement with landmark, except for a radical change in life, work, finances, name, attitude, friends, and location but she has yet to see that the change has [i:00fdbea284]all[/i:00fdbea284] been detrimental, not improvement.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 07, 2007 11:29PM

ON2 LF
She was doing quite well for herself before landmark took over, she moved many steps backwards professionally, socially, and financially after just a year of landmark. She has yet to realize, not only does she [i:97c84977bc]not[/i:97c84977bc] have anything to show for her involvement with landmark, except for a radical change in life, work, finances, name, attitude, friends, and location but she has yet to see that the change has [i:97c84977bc]all[/i:97c84977bc] been detrimental, not improvement.

Very true, this is exactly what will happen. I was in it for 9 months, but by 6 months into it I started noticing all of those elements in my life were on the skids. I'm not sure how long it is going to take for me to fix the damage. My professional career was set back to where it was before I changed careers. Socially, I became alienated, but most of my actual pre Landmark friends will talk to me now. But I let my social contacts dry up in favor of Landmark. I don't even want to go into the financial mess I got myself into. It's going to take some time to get it fixed, but it is recoverable.

To say I'm pissed :evil: is an understatement.

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.