Current Page: 3 of 7
I HATE IMPACT!!!!! Yes, HATE!!!
Posted by: boonetahoe ()
Date: October 10, 2007 09:59AM

Vic-Luc
boonetahoe

Bro, I didn't ask you if you wanted me to prove it to you. I asked if you were open to changing your views if I demonstrated that I'd done my homework. You didn't answer that question and I have no desire to get into a pointless argument with someone whose mind's made up.

I'm not your "Bro." Please don't assume. I will be open to changing my views if you're able to demonstrate you've done your homework.

C'mon, don't run from an opportunity to share or a commitment to being open!

You're assuming the argument is pointless and my mind is made up.

Boonetahoe out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:05AM

boonetahoe

Boonetahoe out.

You were out before you hit the canvas, "Bro."

Posted by: Madshus007 ()
Date: October 10, 2007 11:42AM

boonetahoe
Boonetahoe out.

Run, Boonetahoe, Run!!!!

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: October 11, 2007 01:34AM

aye Chihuahua, thanks for keeping that idiot off of the main impact thread Vic...

Date: October 11, 2007 02:03AM

exImpact
aye Chihuahua, thanks for keeping that idiot off of the main impact thread Vic...

If you didn't notice, y'all are kind of vicious.

There's this great training that can help out with that. . .

:)

Date: October 11, 2007 02:14AM

exImpact

Oh, and please make no mistake: I'm NO supporter of Impact. In fact, exactly the opposite. But, the lady who started this thread wanted actual, experienced feedback about how to handle her family Impact situation. My response (despite the fact that I'm very wary of Impact) was simply that "it's not that big of a deal." If it's dividing her family, then she may want to consider having a limited Impact experience.

It's so easy to vilify Hans and Sally and make them out to be much more than they are. Yes, in some ways they are sort-of classic villians -- but let's not give them more credit than they deserve. Unless you're someone looking to throw yourself into a cult (as many people unwittingly are,) they're not going to succeed in placing you under some sort of "mind control." They're just a couple of self-important fruit-cakes who also happen to run a training program that creates a lot of value in some peoples' lives.

Why are so many of us on this board so focused on proving broad generalizations about these LGATs? They're not all good nor are they all bad. They're not the saviors of the planet nor are they the root of all evil. They're just great classes that are vulnerable to abuse. We can criticize them without losing the ability of critical thought.

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: October 11, 2007 02:30AM

I not only took the training, I used to help run that POS, so I know what I'm talking about. I am not being arbitrarily critical or irrational. You are simply intolerant of any tone that does not suit your Impacted set of behaviors and beliefs. Thats ok, it just means the training worked on you and is continuing to do so. I am not vicious, I am honest and adamantly disagree with you from a position of intimate knowledge and experience within the Impact Trainings organization. So, why have you stayed away from the main thread? If calling you an idiot makes me vicious, how is calling us vicious any different? And yes, the generalization sticks, LGAT's are universally corrupt in their "therapeutic" practices and in policy. They dupe people like you (and I) into thinking otherwise. Why do you think so many people are pissed off?

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: October 11, 2007 05:39AM

(The following is a slightly revised version of what I posted in the 64 page Impact thread. As boonetahoe is only posting here, I've repeated it here in the hope he or she will respond to the questions I first asked a couple of days ago. My apologies for the duplication, and for not noticing that NOTImpacted had shared her gender earlier, and for referring to her in my other message as "he.")

boonetahoe wrote

>>I'm NO supporter of Impact. In fact, exactly the opposite. But, the lady who started this thread wanted actual, experienced feedback<<

>>I'd suggest you consider doing the basic training and the first level of TIT. <<

You have just recommended she give over $3,000.00 to Hans and Sally, as the price of "keeping her family together."

That's just nuts, given what you claim to know about them, their company, your experiences in TIT, the long-term value of their "trainings," and your claim of personal relationships with their trainers.

I guess the short version of my question to you is, why would you recommend that? Do you really believe that Quest to TIT 1 is really worth 3,000 of her dollars and 25+ 12+ hour-long days of her time?

Then double that for her brother.

Add in any other family members who have not done the training.

Add in any others in her life who she will be pressured by them (or, perhaps, feel an inner desire) to enroll.

Add in the other mastery trainings she will be expected to sign up for (can you be in TIT 1 as a woman and not also do the inner woman trainings without feeling, or being made to feel, uncomfortable?)

Your recommendation above is for a cash flow in the tens of thousands of dollars to Hans and Sally.

If she enrolls others between Quest and TIT1, as she will surely be pressured to do, then your recommendation above is for a cash flow, over time, as those she enrolls also enroll others, into the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of DOLLARS.

Isn't that a rather high price that her family now demands of her to remain connected to them?

And how come that is required of her when Impact says they are about creating healed relationships? Working marriages? Loving connection to others? Transformed lives?

How come her graduate friends and family aren't creating this on their own in their lives and hers, without the demand she also do Impact? without having her report feeling isolated? abandoned? condemned? less-than?

How come the ones not involved at Impact can't seem to experience that with their loved ones who have done the training? Didn't they get anything from it?

How come it seems that they are now able to only unconditionally love other graduates?

How come this woman you claim you are now trying to help is now expected to fork over a month of her life and $3,000.00 plus in cash to have what her loved ones were promised THEY would create in THEIR lives by doing the training to IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Of course the ultimate logical end of the recommendation you propose is that everyone on the planet would have to do Impact.

And the reality is that rather than create a "working world" what Impact in fact creates is an us vs. them, army-of-light vs. unenlightened, superior vs. inferior, win vs lose, winners vs. losers, in-the-cult vs. evil, broken mess of a world.

I'd urge you to reconsider your recommendation about how this young woman can create a working family.

Based on what you have shared, you must know that her loved ones will likely get kicked out the back door after at most a few years of being stuck in this cult.

Especially if they prove unable to enroll anyone else in their family, fork over any more cash or in some other way produce a direct benefit to the Bergers.

The best thing she and others can do is to stay away; be a stand for "having it all" (including having all the time and cash they would otherwise be giving to Impact for, ultimately, nothing), and make it perfectly clear that despite all their "advanced training" and "enlightenment" her loved ones remain utterly impotent at being able to "enroll" her.

They will be grateful, very grateful, to her later for it.

Don't you think?

At least that's my experience, and what I've seen time after time there.

So, boonetahoe reflecting on the above and on whatever you may have learned from other things you have read here is this still your recommendation?

>>I'd suggest you consider doing the basic training and the first level of TIT. <<

Impacted

PS I will agree with you that there are some "feel good" moments in the Impact trainings that I have many times wished everyone on the planet could experience -- from being lifted into the air on the fingertips of a dozen other people after the stretches in Summit, to caught in a cradle in a trust fall with the perfect music playing, to leaping from the perch on the ropes course.

There's just no way, looking back on it all, I feel it's worth anything near $3,000.00 from my friend's pockets; or a month's worth of their time, or, especially, the risk my friends and family or anyone else on the planet might get sucked into the crystal worshiping, mantra (decree) chanting, sexual-energy charged environment that the TIT 1, 2, and III and "graduate mastery" trainings are.

In addition, there are many processes in Quest -- as well as some in their Guest Presentations -- that I have seen do far more harm than good. Risks I'm no longer willing to recommend to others or in any way be associated with.

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: October 11, 2007 07:41AM

For the record, I did the "Try the first few trainings because your family is on the line" idea and it is a terrible idea. I never got sucked into the mental manipulation but my family just got deeper and deeper. I would have had a much better chance putting a stop to things if I have pulled myself out at the very beginning.

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: October 11, 2007 07:45AM

Pardon my typo, that last line should have read, "I would have had a much better chance of putting a stop to things if I [b:c3139f3e1c]would[/b:c3139f3e1c] have pulled myself out at the very beginning."

Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.