Current Page: 2 of 7
I HATE IMPACT!!!!! Yes, HATE!!!
Posted by: boonetahoe ()
Date: October 10, 2007 01:34AM

I can't. You're still in sales/enrollment mode. It's a neat thing I see LGAT people doing, coming under the auspices of saying "yeah, it's bad, I know, but XYZ happens and you can't get that anywhere else."

I can tell you something you don't know you don't know. The human brain isn't fully formed to be able to make adult decisions, the important ones (the executive processes) until 25 or 26. You can't force that with a technique.

Holy smokes, dude. You're just full of assumptions.

I'm 38, bro.

Yes, you can cram a lot in in a few days. The human brain can only chunk so much information into LTM from such an experience. I'm sure you're aware of that. A lot of the information is forgotten due to basic functions of the brain's memory...hence the inability for the majority of the people who have done an introductory course to remember what it was about. You ask for detail and they can't give you any.

It's because the brain lacks the capacity. But you LGAT cats already know this, right? Being experts on psychology and spirituality? Oh, but you aren't? Damn. Don't you hate that?

Wow. That's a lot of vitriol.

Now your agenda doesn't work because what you claim isn't humanly possible.

This exercise took me a few minutes. MERE MINUTES!

I'm afraid taking your head out of your ass will take a few years, and when you're done shooting people with toy guns, message me.

Ouch. Looks like I found me a Hater.

I just gave you an education that would be the cost of asking a librarian "where are the books?" instead of the bullshit non-science you bought into...in a few minutes.

Less paintball, more reading actual scientific literature Boonie. If your ass can order a myriad of paintball guns online, you can be look for things called "univeristy websites" that have things called "scientific information!" Oooo! Scary! There are also FREE ARTICLES on this site! WOW!

Should I consider myself "schooled?"

This medium of bulletin board communication is fascinating. Combine anonymity with a lack of actual information about one another and we've set the stage for spectacular ignorance.

I was reluctant (of course) to say anything that might be considered pro-LGAT (and worse: pro-Berger) on this forum. But, I thought that I could be an interesting resource for the young lady who started this thread. I'm relatively impartial (I'm not a huge fan of the Bergers, but I don't have an irrational hatred of all things LGAT.) I'm very, very experienced in the Impact model (she asked for information from those who have direct knowledge.) And, I could provide out-of-the-box perspective. Of course, non of that means I have a flame-retardant suit on, I suppose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 10, 2007 01:40AM

I don't know how old you are. I was indicating that some people can't get the information as you said it could be obtained due to biological approaches.

The rest, you didn't address. I have vitrol for learned ignorance or stubborned ignorance in the face of a large body of information.

The fact that you're 38 makes no excuse for the fact that you can read but refuse to accept fact.

And you still didn't address any of my points. You came trolling, you got an educated response, and that's all you can come up with? A few lines?

Date: October 10, 2007 01:43AM

boonetahoe

I can't. You're still in sales/enrollment mode. It's a neat thing I see LGAT people doing, coming under the auspices of saying "yeah, it's bad, I know, but XYZ happens and you can't get that anywhere else."

I can tell you something you don't know you don't know. The human brain isn't fully formed to be able to make adult decisions, the important ones (the executive processes) until 25 or 26. You can't force that with a technique.

Holy smokes, dude. You're just full of assumptions.

I'm 38, bro.

Yes, you can cram a lot in in a few days. The human brain can only chunk so much information into LTM from such an experience. I'm sure you're aware of that. A lot of the information is forgotten due to basic functions of the brain's memory...hence the inability for the majority of the people who have done an introductory course to remember what it was about. You ask for detail and they can't give you any.

It's because the brain lacks the capacity. But you LGAT cats already know this, right? Being experts on psychology and spirituality? Oh, but you aren't? Damn. Don't you hate that?

Wow. That's a lot of vitriol.

Now your agenda doesn't work because what you claim isn't humanly possible.

This exercise took me a few minutes. MERE MINUTES!

I'm afraid taking your head out of your ass will take a few years, and when you're done shooting people with toy guns, message me.

Ouch. Looks like I found me a Hater.

I just gave you an education that would be the cost of asking a librarian "where are the books?" instead of the bullshit non-science you bought into...in a few minutes.

Less paintball, more reading actual scientific literature Boonie. If your ass can order a myriad of paintball guns online, you can be look for things called "univeristy websites" that have things called "scientific information!" Oooo! Scary! There are also FREE ARTICLES on this site! WOW!

Should I consider myself "schooled?"

This medium of bulletin board communication is fascinating. Combine anonymity with a lack of actual information about one another and we've set the stage for spectacular ignorance.

I was reluctant (of course) to say anything that might be considered pro-LGAT (and worse: pro-Berger) on this forum. But, I thought that I could be an interesting resource for the young lady who started this thread. I'm relatively impartial (I'm not a huge fan of the Bergers, but I don't have an irrational hatred of all things LGAT.) I'm very, very experienced in the Impact model (she asked for information from those who have direct knowledge.) And, I could provide out-of-the-box perspective. Of course, non of that means I have a flame-retardant suit on, I suppose.

Those who do not learn from history, and LGATs have a really THICK history in a small time, are doomed to repeat it.

But unless you address the even rudimentay Psych 101 stuff a high-schooler could do, you haven't realluy added much to the discussion.

I don't think we have a thread about discussing bulletin boards as a medium, but I can always as Rick.

Date: October 10, 2007 02:17AM

Those who do not learn from history, and LGATs have a really THICK history in a small time, are doomed to repeat it.

But unless you address the even rudimentay Psych 101 stuff a high-schooler could do, you haven't realluy added much to the discussion.

I don't think we have a thread about discussing bulletin boards as a medium, but I can always as Rick.

I'm comfortable with my own level of research into psychology and heuristics (and the education/study I've conducted) and I'm comfortable with the level of psychological oversight into the LGAT with which I'm associated.

I rather doubt that a debate with you regarding my study or qualifications will yield much in the way of mutual enlightenment (regardless of how thorough my studies have been.) And, that's why I'm not addressing your assertions tit-for-tat. If I gave you an impressive bibliography of the books and studies I've read, would you then be open to the possibility that you may be off-base in generally rejecting the LGAT model?

Date: October 10, 2007 03:36AM

boonetahoe

I'm comfortable with my own level of research into psychology and heuristics (and the education/study I've conducted) and I'm comfortable with the level of psychological oversight into the LGAT with which I'm associated.

I rather doubt that a debate with you regarding my study or qualifications will yield much in the way of mutual enlightenment (regardless of how thorough my studies have been.) And, that's why I'm not addressing your assertions tit-for-tat. If I gave you an impressive bibliography of the books and studies I've read, would you then be open to the possibility that you may be off-base in generally rejecting the LGAT model?

I'm just asking you to address the issues, not your confidence in being able to address them.

See this circular reasoning thing? You're just avoiding the issues.

Date: October 10, 2007 06:52AM

boonetahoe

Impress me with the studies you've read and conducted. I'm all ears. I'm sure we all are.

Date: October 10, 2007 07:07AM

Vic-Luc
boonetahoe

Impress me with the studies you've read and conducted. I'm all ears. I'm sure we all are.

Sorry. I don't see the point.

Date: October 10, 2007 07:24AM

If I gave you an impressive bibliography of the books and studies I've read, would you then be open to the possibility that you may be off-base in generally rejecting the LGAT model?

I'm taking you up on your offer. If you were being inauthentic or lying, say so.

But don't cop out by saying you don't see the point after you offered. I may see something I don't know I don't know, that's the point. Enlighten me.

Date: October 10, 2007 07:32AM

Vic-Luc

If I gave you an impressive bibliography of the books and studies I've read, would you then be open to the possibility that you may be off-base in generally rejecting the LGAT model?

I'm taking you up on your offer. If you were being inauthentic or lying, say so.

But don't cop out by saying you don't see the point after you offered. I may see something I don't know I don't know, that's the point. Enlighten me.

Bro, I didn't ask you if you wanted me to prove it to you. I asked if you were open to changing your views if I demonstrated that I'd done my homework. You didn't answer that question and I have no desire to get into a pointless argument with someone whose mind's made up.

Date: October 10, 2007 08:52AM

boonetahoe

Bro, I didn't ask you if you wanted me to prove it to you. I asked if you were open to changing your views if I demonstrated that I'd done my homework. You didn't answer that question and I have no desire to get into a pointless argument with someone whose mind's made up.

I'm not your "Bro." Please don't assume. I will be open to changing my views if you're able to demonstrate you've done your homework.

C'mon, don't run from an opportunity to share or a commitment to being open!

You're assuming the argument is pointless and my mind is made up.

Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.