Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
I HATE IMPACT!!!!! Yes, HATE!!!
Posted by: NOTImpacted ()
Date: September 29, 2007 03:48AM

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has posted on this site. I have spent the last week pouring over all 62 pages and have learned more in one week than I have in the 4 or 5 years I've been dealing with this insidious cult called Impact. As my name implies, I have NOT attended Impact, but I am trying to deal with the effects of my ENIRE FAMILY, (minus one brother) who has and are still throwing away A LOT of their hard earned money, and turning their minds over to the Bergers (aka Jim and Tammy Faye Baker) :evil:

It all started in 2003 when my brothers wife went thru Quest, Summit and Lift-Off. She changed drastically. (I believe my brothers words were, "She is on a higher plane"). So, my brother being the good supportive husband that he is, decided in order to keep his marriage together he had better do it too. Subsequently, he got my mom, three more brothers (and a sister-in-law), and eventually my sister and her husband. Both sisters-in-law have each gotten their parents to go through it, in fact there will be a graduation that I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING this Saturday. When this nightmare ends, I will have 2 brothers, 2 sisters-in-law, a brother-in-law and my only sister graduate as TIT3'ers, as I believe they are referred to.

This leaves my younger brother and I complete strangers to the rest of what was once was a pretty tight-knit family. I have a husband and three children; my brother has one child and a very special girlfriend. We have essentially been replaced by their "Impact family". He and I have been beside ourselves for years, both knowing in our guts that this is wrong. They have tried, through various means, to get us to join up, but thankfully, THANFULLY, neither of us have succombed. In fact, if I knew then what I know now, I would have begged them to stop. But I feel now, that they have reached the point of no return. I know some of you, Ex and Former specifically, made it all the way through TIT3 and are recovering (I'm so proud of you both!!!), but I am under the impression that you are very much in the minority. It's to the point that we cannot relate, on any level, to any of them. We both did our part to support them in the beginning by attending graduations, etc. (which, by the way, made me literally naseous..) but as time has passed, we have both felt more and more like this is a VERY bad situation and one that we can no longer support.

At first when I came to this site, I merely wanted to see how much information I could gather. My brother had mentioned Impact to someone at work who found this site and I haven't been able to stay away since. Subsequently, he and I are now grappling with the fact that we can no longer be silent. We feel that since we've already been outcast, we don't have much to lose by letting them know how we feel, by now using words instead of actions. I have so much more to say about this, and soooo many questions, but I'd like to get a perspective on what, if anything, can be said at this point to the TIT 3'ers that would be effective. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: September 30, 2007 12:40PM

NOTImpacted,

I am sorry about your family situation. I was one of those souls who lost their way when I was recruited to PSI seminars. I too became a different person and would only later, several years later, see the damage I did to those around me; those who really cared about me.

Posted by: greg hamond ()
Date: October 07, 2007 04:16AM

a friend went to a few trainings...and his brother went......he showed me this ugly ring they gave him...then the manager of the local gym was involved......whats up with this group?

Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: October 07, 2007 10:59AM

There are approximately 64 pages about the Impact Trainings in a thread with the same title (Impact Trainings) on the Rick Ross site. If you want more information about this training, I suggest you start there. The first 10 and last 10 pages are particularly good (in case you don't have time to read all 64). There are also several newspaper articles and court documents on the Rick Ross site under Impact trainings.

If, after reading these, you still have questions, there are several people who would be happy to answer them.

Posted by: boonetahoe ()
Date: October 09, 2007 02:02PM

Boy, this is a tough topic.

I did the Impact Training some fifteen years ago and I went through TIT long before there was a II or III. Today, I'm persona non grata at Impact (as many are) and I'm pretty sure they'd force me to drink the bitter Kool-Aid if I ever stepped foot there.

With all that said, I'm not sure what you're so afraid of. It's fairly easy to experience the training without buying into the cult. I know their trainers personally and it's an outstanding training. I am positive that you'd love it. (Don't stone me just yet.)

You seem like a person of solid convictions. You won't be "brain-washed" by their training any more than I was. The Bergers never had the opportunity to use me for their own ends. I simply kept my own counsel on many things and experienced the training for all it was worth (and it was fantastic.)

Mind you, I believe the Bergers are the very essence of megalomania, but their training is simply a spruced-up version of the Lifespring Training performed by exceptional trainers. Why divide your family over this? It's really not that big of a deal from my perspective. You can join your family and not "drink the Kool-aid." People do it all the time.

I don't mean to sound flippant, but you may be exaggerating the evil of this "cult" in your mind. The training itself (Quest, Summit and Lift-off)does little to brainwash you. TIT is a little different. It's basically a course in the personal religion of the organization's leadership (a mixture of spiritualism, Mormonism and New Age.) If you're looking for a religion, maybe you'd be into it. But, it's as weird as weird gets (I warn you.)

I'd suggest you consider doing the basic training and trying the first level of TIT. Then, I'd decide whether or not to continue. It should bring your family back together, at least. It doesn't sound like they're going to abandon this training at your insistence. Unless it's worth keeping your family divided, then it might be "on you" to take Muhammad to the Mountain, as they say.

Just an option. . .

Date: October 09, 2007 02:05PM

I never thought I'd be recommending that someone do the Berger thing. But, your families' on the line.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 09, 2007 07:52PM

boonetahoe
I never thought I'd be recommending that someone do the Berger thing. But, your families' on the line.

Sigh. Stop being an apologist and go back to playing paintball...[i:0459f8d935]and for chrissake, don't use your e-Bay ID here.[/i:0459f8d935]

Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: October 09, 2007 09:29PM

I have quoted this whole discussion so far onto the main Impact thread and will continue the discussion there. I think it's beneficial to keep all of this information in one spot so please follow me over to the main board.

Thanks,
spiritual?

Date: October 10, 2007 12:02AM

Vic-Luc
boonetahoe

Sigh. Stop being an apologist and go back to playing paintball...[i:cd1d902e53]and for chrissake, don't use your e-Bay ID here.[/i:cd1d902e53]

Educate me. Why not (use the eBay ID?)

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 10, 2007 01:13AM

boonetahoe
Vic-Luc
boonetahoe

Sigh. Stop being an apologist and go back to playing paintball...[i:a979d88494]and for chrissake, don't use your e-Bay ID here.[/i:a979d88494]

Educate me. Why not (use the eBay ID?)

I can't. You're still in sales/enrollment mode. It's a neat thing I see LGAT people doing, coming under the auspices of saying "yeah, it's bad, I know, but XYZ happens and you can't get that anywhere else."

I can tell you something you don't know you don't know. The human brain isn't fully formed to be able to make adult decisions, the important ones (the executive processes) until 25 or 26. You can't force that with a technique.

Yes, you can cram a lot in in a few days. The human brain can only chunk so much information into LTM from such an experience. I'm sure you're aware of that. A lot of the information is forgotten due to basic functions of the brain's memory...hence the inability for the majority of the people who have done an introductory course to remember what it was about. You ask for detail and they can't give you any.

It's because the brain lacks the capacity. But you LGAT cats already know this, right? Being experts on psychology and spirituality? Oh, but you aren't? Damn. Don't you hate that?

Now your agenda doesn't work because what you claim isn't humanly possible.

This exercise took me a few minutes. MERE MINUTES!

I'm afraid taking your head out of your ass will take a few years, and when you're done shooting people with toy guns, message me.

I just gave you an education that would be the cost of asking a librarian "where are the books?" instead of the bullshit non-science you bought into...in a few minutes.

Less paintball, more reading actual scientific literature Boonie. If your ass can order a myriad of paintball guns online, you can be look for things called "univeristy websites" that have things called "scientific information!" Oooo! Scary! There are also FREE ARTICLES on this site! WOW!

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.