Current Page: 4 of 17
Recovery from LGAT "Discovery" in Dallas
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: September 06, 2007 02:52PM

EC

Do you have a link for the article about relationship re-entry problems?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: September 06, 2007 06:25PM

Question Lady
here is the link to the article
[www.time.com]

Looks like the problems were the same back in the 60's!

EC

Date: September 17, 2007 12:09AM

I wanted to update the list on some developments. My wife is attending the third and final (I am not holding my breath) Discovery training session this weekend. The marriage counselor we are seeing suggested I attend the end of the training to show support for my wife, and let the group have a face to associate with her when they are dealing out therapy. At the end of the last training they have a mission statement, or turnaround… I am not sure what it is called. I agreed to attend to show support for her not the LGAT.

I am attending as a way to say something positive to her about completing the training and how she can now return to our life with what she has learned, AND not depend on the group for support. I feel like we have made some progress, she seems to be responding to critical thinking in our discussions. The counselor has helped her focus on our marriage and how they group seems to be designed as a replacement for her family.

Anyway, I am entering the “hot zone” (hot zone is a HAZMAT term for the danger area where the contamination is located) later today. I will be glad to share my observations if anyone is interested.
Wish me/us luck.

EC

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: September 17, 2007 01:56AM

Good Luck EC.

Please post about what happens. It should be fascinating.

Date: September 23, 2007 09:47PM

What and experience!
It was worth attending. I now have a better understanding of why people get hooked into these things.
The best description I can relate is that it was like a high school pep rally. Extremely loud music, running through paper banners, jumping, dancing, and the group taking a person and moving them overhead along the line with the group holding them up.

The paid trainers would them make statements. The statements really rambled and were peppered with emphasized words. Some that come to mind were warm, rain, and cleansing when talking about how the group has changed their lives for the better.
During these speeches people in the crowd would yell out, amen, I hear you… It really reminded me of some old southern churches. The whole event had a very religious tone.

My wife told her group I was attending to support HER not the Discovery program. Most of them were nice and respected my position. A few became pushy trying to get me to attend, but backed off when my tone and body language changed. The trainers looked at me like I was the anti-Christ. I even caught one trainer pointing at me while talking to other trainers. My wife introduced the trainers but they clearly didn’t want to speak with me.

EVEYONE was happy. Some were crying because they were happy (supposedly). There was a lot of holding hands in a circle and singing. That was the point when it hit me. How could 400+ people in a room ALL be so happy? I realized they were all there because of some pain in their life, some worse than others. Ok, some were they to make money, and some to feed a controlling ego.

This group offers endorphin and adrenalin highs they don’t get in their life. That is why so many relationships fail upon re-entry to their life. About 10% of the people in my wife’s group are experiencing relationship problems where spouses did not attend Discovery. When problems are encountered, they run back to the LGAT for the next level of training, or a “free” refocus training to get their next fix. My wife’s mother was instrumental in talking my wife into attending, and was even pressuring her as we were walking out for my wife to sign up for the spiritual training. My wife and I agreed she has completed the 3 trainings and she can now focus on us,using the "tools" she has learned. We will see how this goes.

The trainees are addicted, and the program uses NLP and classic Ericsonian type stories to set triggers to remind them where to get their next fix, and to recruit more victims.

I think there is hope for my marriage. I read up on the techniques used by Landmark, EST… and would tell my wife,“ I’ll bet they will use this method in your next training”, and would then describe one of the exercises, i.e. people in the lifeboat… She was astounded at how I would know what the secret trainings consisted of. I then showed her Discovery was built on the very same methods as the other bad groups.

Has anyone attended the graduation (I think Discovery calls it the turn around) for other LGATS, and does this have a similar theme?

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: September 23, 2007 10:14PM

Thanks, enviro_cop, fascinating to read how it looks to someone on the outside.

Our graduation at Quest was a bit more low-key, just people sitting together, a little music and a lot of stories about magically transformed lives.

Can you please explain what you mean by:

the program uses ... classic Ericsonian type stories to set triggers to remind them where to get their next fix, and to recruit more victims.

What are Ericsonian type stories and how do you see them being used?

Thanks,
Sane

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: September 24, 2007 11:32AM

Enviro-Cop,

That is a huge class! That is larger than the Landmark Forum class that I took in Dallas. It is also a bit scary that two LGAT's are weilding such an influence on the people here in the Dallas and Texas / Oklahoma region.

The Forum graduation had sort of a pep ralley feel, but not so much. But, the Advanced course took it to a whole new level, just among the students without any guest. When we created who we were and announced it into the world it was like a crowd cheering their favorite wrestlers at a WWE event. It was nuts. Everyone yelled, clapped, cheered, and hollered till they lost their voice. It went on for over an hour atleast!

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: September 24, 2007 11:43AM

What and experience!
It was worth attending. I now have a better understanding of why people get hooked into these things.
The best description I can relate is that it was like a high school pep rally. Extremely loud music, running through paper banners, jumping, dancing, and the group taking a person and moving them overhead along the line with the group holding them up.

The paid trainers would them make statements. The statements really rambled and were peppered with emphasized words. Some that come to mind were warm, rain, and cleansing when talking about how the group has changed their lives for the better.
During these speeches people in the crowd would yell out, amen, I hear you… It really reminded me of some old southern churches. The whole event had a very religious tone.

My wife told her group I was attending to support HER not the Discovery program. Most of them were nice and respected my position. A few became pushy trying to get me to attend, but backed off when my tone and body language changed. The trainers looked at me like I was the anti-Christ. I even caught one trainer pointing at me while talking to other trainers. My wife introduced the trainers but they clearly didn’t want to speak with me.

EVEYONE was happy. Some were crying because they were happy (supposedly). There was a lot of holding hands in a circle and singing. That was the point when it hit me. How could 400+ people in a room ALL be so happy? I realized they were all there because of some pain in their life, some worse than others. Ok, some were they to make money, and some to feed a controlling ego.

This group offers endorphin and adrenalin highs they don’t get in their life. That is why so many relationships fail upon re-entry to their life. About 10% of the people in my wife’s group are experiencing relationship problems where spouses did not attend Discovery. When problems are encountered, they run back to the LGAT for the next level of training, or a “free” refocus training to get their next fix. My wife’s mother was instrumental in talking my wife into attending, and was even pressuring her as we were walking out for my wife to sign up for the spiritual training. My wife and I agreed she has completed the 3 trainings and she can now focus on us,using the "tools" she has learned. We will see how this goes.

The trainees are addicted, and the program uses NLP and classic Ericsonian type stories to set triggers to remind them where to get their next fix, and to recruit more victims.

I think there is hope for my marriage. I read up on the techniques used by Landmark, EST… and would tell my wife,“ I’ll bet they will use this method in your next training”, and would then describe one of the exercises, i.e. people in the lifeboat… She was astounded at how I would know what the secret trainings consisted of. I then showed her Discovery was built on the very same methods as the other bad groups.

The same thing happens at PSI seminars Basic.

Posted by: justplanodan ()
Date: September 25, 2007 02:39AM

You guys are cracking me up. Discovery training in dallas is NOTHING like Ericsonian type stories...

Your wife probabaly calls them her new family because she was able to share and open up with them... she probably doesn't feel comfortable doing that with her current friends. There are a lot of people in this world that would rather you not open up and be transparent. This training allows you to do so.

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: September 25, 2007 04:12AM

Of all- ? You think its a joke that people's relationships get fucked up by a brainwashing money-making bunch of pseudo-scientific pop-psychology scam-artist bullshit? What are you - an idiot, or a psychopath? Did you try reading up on what an lgat is, and how it works, before you waved your stupid opinions around like some kind of drunken cowboy?

Current Page: 4 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.