Current Page: 21 of 33
Quest (Johannesburg South Africa)
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: September 03, 2007 06:01PM

Hi Brad,

I hate to look like a scaredy-cat, but I think you're right about the fear.

The fear on its own is one thing but the total mind-destroyer is the combination of extreme fear and stress one minute, then love-bombing the next. That's totally cruel and hideous. And its a classic pattern from an abusive relationship as well - violent assault one minute, followed by flowers and romance the next to make up. And when people come onto this forum claiming the trainers etc are 'coming from love' that is what I see, no more than a desperate abuse victim on 'the day after' trying desperately to maintain an illusion... 'it was for my own good, and they really love me'.

And its funny how power and fear are so linked. On one of the courses, everyone was asked who they thought was 'the most powerful person" in the world - anyone from politics to fiction to whatever. Almost everyone who'd done inquest chose Wendy (trainer quoted above in red). And when asked why, the answers were things like "love" and "integrity". Nobody said 'oh, she scares the crap out of me' but that's what it boils down to. I've seen big strong adult men, independent successful businessmen, break out in a sweat and shake all over - not only in the training room (they go all the way in there and cry) but even afterwards, just because of a phone call from her to discipline them for some or other wrong-doing.

I think she's a true-believer fanatic, personally. I'd be less worried about someone who was just after the money.

So I don't care how many people want to go around saying oh they're so empowered and their lives are so full of love and peace and all that - I don't buy it.

Dragons? :roll: Was that part of the same old war between good and evil, darkness and light, other-dimensional entity saga? Or were these ... uh... physical real dragons on a surfing break?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 03, 2007 06:38PM

The standard line that quest takes on the basic courses is that they are philosophical, not religious. If you are religious, quest will enhance your spirituality (sure enough, the religious people all thought they saw god in the dyad process) and if you're not religious quest will work for you and doesn't require any religious beliefs (non-religious people saw Paris Hilton, rainbows, stars and deceased relatives).

Fast forward a few courses and assistings later and the story changes to this: religion is evil because it has taken THE TRUTH and corrupted it for evil means. The people behind the religions are controlled by evil forces vibrating on a lower dimensional reality. We know THE REAL TRUTH and we are in a war to save people by raisng their consciousness and vibrational energy and showing them THE REAL TRUTH and saving their souls the way its meant to be done.

Where have I heard all this before? Hmmm... let me think... when last was there a religious war when one side claimed that they were the evil ones teaching falsehoods?

A good example of this is confession and the secrets process. According to Wendy THE TRUTH is that confession is necessary and good but the catholic church does it all wrong (how charming for the catholic people who innocently went along with the standard line). Quest does it the right way, by having people confess to an entire group of 16 people plus a bunch of assistants. Same thing, but done 'properly'. As in the church, there are no repercussions (nothing said in the room may leave the room, so no reporting crimes, for example). As in the church the person is considered cleansed. As in the church a person in authority knows the secrets and may use them for manipulative purposes. Quest just does a better job, by getting the confessions out while people are in a brain-washed semi-hypnotic state, and in front of an entire group. Kind of handy that that also binds the group together into silence, everyone knowing everyone else's secrets... and some left with the unpleasant moral dilemma of wanting to report crimes, but being bound by the quest vows of silence and so-called-integrity brainwashing. At least priests know what they're getting into before they start hearing confessions.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 03, 2007 11:05PM

too right, Brad,

the LGATs have a long history and they have perfected their system of abuse, eh?

regards,
"shad'

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 04, 2007 03:43PM

A quote from SaneAgain:

On one of the courses, everyone was asked who they thought was 'the most powerful person" in the world - anyone from politics to fiction to whatever. Almost everyone who'd done inquest chose Wendy (trainer quoted above in red). And when asked why, the answers were things like "love" and "integrity".

And these people live in South Africa, the home of Nelson Mandela! In a word: mindf*cked.

Unbelievable!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could answer that question again when not under the influence of mind control, deviously practiced upon them by someone they regard highly because of her "love" and "integrity".

Change those words to their opposites and you have the true answer: "fear" and "dishonesty".

Date: September 05, 2007 03:58PM

Billy-g, thank you for your message:

By the time my friend had witnessed the charming bait strike a women on the course hard across the face and then jump on top of her when she fell to the floor, in a true show of absolute rage (to help this other woman of course), it was too late. The damage had been done. The abuse had been administered, the brainwashing had been achieved and the fear had been instilled. It’s absolutely sickening and it is absolutely undeserved.

I've been wanting to reply to this for some time, but wanted to think things through first, because this is one of the most serious and unfortunately, common, problems with Inquest and I didn't want it to get lost in other issues.

What you are describing (a woman being hit hard enough to knock her over, then being jumped on, usually with a lot of abuse being screamed at the same time) is the standard process used to "help" people with a history of being abused to "get their contracts". It happens on most inquests. And you are quite right to describe it as "rage", because this is not a shallow act that the trainer taking the role of abuser takes on, they are told to "carry the energy" of the abuser, and this gives them full license to go as deep into rage as they can, because its not really "them". They're just "carrying the energy".

The trainers are very practised at going into rages. Inquest also has a formal anger process, where people are put in the dark with the music of beating drums, and taunted by shouted insults and sometimes slaps and pokes from the trainers, to hit the floor with sticks and scream. The process goes on for two hours, and during that process usually at least a few people vomit, and some pass out or have fits.

The trainers do this process themselves regularly, supposedly to "clear" their own anger so that they can be "neutral". In my view, all they're doing is practising tapping into a primitive rage. And this primitive rage is what you see in the contracts process, when the trainer attacks the abused person trying to get their contract. Primitive, but also controlled at the same time, controlled enough that they stop when the person "gets the contract". At least, in those that I have seen.

When I say "trainer", I should actually say "assistant trainer" - those people one step down the hierarchy from Wendy and Buster. Since Quest seminars is such a small organisation, there are only four of them, two of whom are Wendy and Buster's daughters, the other two are men, one of whom is either married to or living with one of Wendy's daughters (hard to tell, because Wendy conducts her own "commitment" ceremonies which are apparently more binding than regular marriages.)

The quest theory is that the person under attack has to fight back in some way until they have proved that won't take it any more or that they survived or whatever. As I said somewhere earlier, a lot of these women become the most loyal quest devotees, claiming they have escaped the 'pattern of abuse' that dominated their lives before. But then a few months later you hear that they have been abused again. Maybe not all, but certainly some. So rather than breaking the pattern of abuse, I would say they have only found a new abuser, one called Quest, to supplement whatever problems they originally had.

I don't know what it felt like for the people who got physically attacked, but I know it was traumatizing to watch. And it left me very frightened and careful not to annoy the abuser-trainer. Relatest back to what Brad was saying about fear...

Anyway, Billy-g, is your friend totally out of quest now? Is he/she okay and do they read this board too?

It sounds like your friend was recruited by one of the assistant trainers, in a really calculated fashion. I find that particularly repulsive. I can forgive the person who recruited me because they didn't know better and thought they were doing something good for me, in a fit of enthusiasm the day after quest, but I would struggle to forgive being recruited by someone so high up in the hierarchy, in the long-term calculated way you described, because they sure as hell know what kind of sh*t they're getting people into. And I hope your friend is not feeling stupid in any way for being recruited, all four of those assistant-trainers are extremely well-skilled at putting on a good impression and finding all the right buttons to push in people, your friend was recruited by a real pro. :evil:

Date: September 05, 2007 04:20PM

billy-g, if you don't mind me asking, how were you affected by your friend's involvement and what kind of changes did you notice in them?

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 06, 2007 03:23AM

"The trainers are very practised at going into rages. Inquest also has a formal anger process, where people are put in the dark with the music of beating drums, and taunted by shouted insults and sometimes slaps and pokes from the trainers, to hit the floor with sticks and scream. The process goes on for two hours, and during that process usually at least a few people vomit, and some pass out or have fits."

SPOT ON, sane again.. you have articulated this very well...I have for a long time felt that this type of therapy is completely contra-indicated, and there are other therapists who will not use this form of therapy, (the old notion of hitting a pillow, or a newspaper on the arm of a chair, to get your anger out), believing that it in fact has a totally opposite effect, which is that it actually exasserbates the anger. It does not difuse it...rather the anger builds and builds...and of course, recently research has shown that people who express their anger in this way are at far greater risk of heart disease, with is directly attributed to the way they manage their anger. - so I guess the only good news (in a kind of bad way) is that if these freaks don't stop this nonsence, eventually they are all going to die of heart attacks (if someone does not put them out of their misery first - I am referring to the trainers here)...

The trainers do this process themselves regularly, supposedly to "clear" their own anger so that they can be "neutral". In my view, all they're doing is practising tapping into a primitive rage. And this primitive rage is what you see in the contracts process, when the trainer attacks the abused person trying to get their contract. Primitive, but also controlled at the same time, controlled enough that they stop when the person "gets the contract". At least, in those that I have seen.

"... because they sure as hell know what kind of sh*t they're getting people into. And I hope your friend is not feeling stupid in any way for being recruited, all four of those assistant-trainers are extremely well-skilled at putting on a good impression and finding all the right buttons to push in people, your friend was recruited by a real pro. :evil:

TOO RIGHT!! , sane again,

'shad'

Date: September 07, 2007 12:24AM

Thanks Shadow, here is an opinion of it, from a review of Singer and Lalich's book "Crazy Therapies"

Cathartic theories are based on the notion that if you express your emotions you will purge yourself of your troubles. There is no proof for this notion, despite its popularity since the time of Aristotle. This notion would seem to have been disproved by experiments with children which find that rather than sublimate aggression when encouraged to be aggressive, the children become more aggressive. It also seems to be disproved every week during football and soccer season, where fans seem to increase their aggression levels while viewing their favorite teams in action. (My favorite story in the book is about the couple who go to a catharsis therapist to help them with their anger. He prods them until they physically assault each other and demolish his office. He sends them a bill for $3,000 and tells them he won't have them as patients!) Singer and Lalich note that "The human organism learns as it acts; the more a certain behavior is practiced, the more it becomes a part of the person's automatic acts." (p. 129) Catharsis therapists seem oblivious to this notion and seem surprised when previously calm patients begin making life miserable for others by becoming more and more aggressive. According to the authors, "...rational therapies assist clients to find ways to talk with others, to change situations, and to identify socially useful and mature means to reduce anger-producing interactions and situations." (p. 130)

[skepdic.com]

Do you have any other references to studies oof these anger releasing techniques? I've searched all over but mostly get promotional stuff :roll:

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 07, 2007 12:38AM

Gestalt/confrontation therapy - very much discouraged from NATIONAL BOARDS. We call it "unlicensed Gestalt," or "untrained therapy techniques" in my setting.
DISCONTINUED, to use at therapist's discression, therapist ASSUMES ALL LIABILITIES ARISING FROM SAID UNTRAINED/UNLICENSED TECHNIQUES. See Unqualified persons providing services, see Malpractice.

Hittting pillows/padded bats to resolve anger issues - has been shown to increase aggressiveness, therefore has been DISCONTINUED. Items removed. See Quackery.

Date: September 07, 2007 12:46AM

Also, about those contracts, the majority of the contracts are in the format of "I AM ....." eg "I AM Alive" or "I AM Beautiful".

Compare to the bible:

Exodus 3:14
God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

I'm not religious, so I don't know what that means. All I know is, it sounds kind of blasphemous if you're religious, and offensive if you're not. And either way, a big fat lie from the masters of integrity who say their training has nothing to do with religion either way.

Current Page: 21 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.