Current Page: 44 of 45
Re: The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: ROZZANNE ()
Date: November 29, 2010 04:28PM

I find it interesting that something can be done legally about a person who is running so called financial advice services detrimental to the public, in Australia..
MJB SEMINARS IN PERTH run Seminars that are called ALCHEMY.
According to their adverts on the internet it will solve all your financial problems.
What concerns me is that MJB operates like Landmark/EST/Dr DeMartini with Cognitive Psychotherapy techniques used on uninformed unsuspecting people who attend their Seminars and then end up thinking the leader Mitch J Behan is the best thing since sliced bread.
It is basically a LGATS.
A LARGE GROUP TRAINING SEMINAR
I am of the opinion that this makes people extremely vulnerable in regards to making sensible decisions with their finances if they are already manipulated into trusting MJB Seminars.
Trouble is that MJB devotees are taught that you create your own Universe/Reality.
I presume that if a devotee of Mitch J Behan goes belly up financially then they will be told that they "created" the financial problem themselves.?

I have seen a family member struggling financially to meet their committments yet spending thousands of dollars on MJB Seminars and trips to attend activities interstate.
When someones home mortgage is in danger of foreclosing and they have knocking on their door re unpaid debts and investment properties are almost down the gurgler from lack of mortgage payments, jobs are lined up and not completed in their business because they have not given appropriate time/committment, to work yet this a person is spending thousands $$ to attend Seminars and is spending time doing "MJB homework" instead of dealing with their business issues, something is wrong!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Franc28 ()
Date: December 22, 2010 11:49AM

I believe that the power elite is behind The Secret, and Oprah is definitely in on it. To me that woman raises serious alarms, she is very, very dangerous and is in a key position to promote beliefs that brainwash people in favour of the elite. In the US at least, she is a linchpin of their plans.

Now think about this, what better way for them to push their agenda than to brainwash people to believe that they shouldn't look at or think anything "negative"? So the Conspiracy can act in all impunity and no one will even dare to think about what's going on! It's a major experiment in social control- not to appease the oppressed, but to get the oppressed to not even want to realize they are being oppressed (who is attracted to promises of riches, if not people who don't have status in our society, and thus more likely to speak against them?).

Of course, The Secret claims that The Secret itself was hidden by the power elite for their own interests, but that's a ridiculous projection. If the power elite knew that The Secret worked, and could make it work, they would have taken over the world a long time ago. Of course they know it doesn't work. But they sure want you to believe it does.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 22, 2010 09:55PM

There is no "conspiracy."

Just people trying to make money.

"The Secret" is a gimmick launched by a former advertising woman.

And Oprah Winfrey simply likes and believes in this philosophy, which is essentially you can get whatever you want by "manifesting" it.

It's an appealing message, but no conspiracy.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 22, 2010 11:44PM

This is as old as the hills. Back in the 19th Century, Mme Blavatsky called one set of her books The Secret Doctrine.

'Secret' is a word that supercharges any advertising message. People love to be 'in' on something.

'Special' is another media-sexy word.

So is 'power'.

And, I am sorry to say, so are 'love' and 'popularity'.

Dont waste time fretting about the Illuminati or New World Order or the Reptilians.

Study the mechanics of advertising and covert influence. Read the books by Robert Cialdini and you will learn the methods used to sell you stuff you do not need.

[www.bookfinder.com]

Re: The Secret (a movie) a publishing conspiracy?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 27, 2010 12:00AM

I gotta agree that there is no conspiracy around the The Secret.
Its just warmed over New Thought, same junky beliefs being sold for over 100 years, for profit.

Maybe a publishing conspiracy though, in that some backdoor deals are done to make bestselling books.

And of course, Oprah is a billionaire.
The Secret sorta works when you are a billionaire, you tell your army of assistants that you want ________, and they get it for you.
Or if you are as famous as Oprah, you gets lots of free stuff given to you.

But The Secret of course does not work, even if you are a billionaire, on things like losing weight, or health areas.
Ever notice that those who "believe" in The Secret, have put on a lot of weight?
Why? The Secret tells you, that you can eat anything you want, and just Think Thin, and you will stay skinny.
Of course, its absurd, and people pack on the weight.

The Secret is simply wrong.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: December 27, 2010 08:36PM

Hey Anticult, and everyone, in addition to whatever the Secret encourages people to mis-believe about food and weight, ex-Scientologist Tory Christman thinks Scis gain weight partly because when they get to the highest levels of Scientology they know for sure it doesn't work, but they're not allowed to raise any questions. In fact, the mind control at these levels is so tight they're frightened to even think about the conflict between what Hubbard says and what they're actually experiencing. So they eat. And eat. And eat.

I think Tory's comments apply to Secret believers and many other people who've been tricked into using mind-control nonsense to deal with food. She's maintained a weight-loss of almost 100 pounds since she left Scientology. Several of her YouTube videos focus on her experiences with mind control and weight:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 27, 2010 11:22PM

A diabetic friend was told by some dweeb that honey wouldnt raise her blood sugar.

She saw no point in arguing with a fanatic but thought, 'My glucometer knows better.'

Experiences are not reality. In fact, experiences can deceive.

When I had the flu I ran fevers that registered 104 on my thermometer yet I felt like a block of ice. My immune system was triggering production of chemicals that diddled the tempreture regulation system in my brain, so despite my body actually overheating, I felt frozen, not hot.

Re: The Secret (a movie) a publishing conspiracy?
Date: April 16, 2011 09:12PM

A critique of The Secret and its wealthy promoters from Christianity Today magazine-a thoughtful and very measured assessment--published in June, 2007

[www.selfhelpfraud.com]

The Blatantly Obvious
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: April 20, 2011 09:03AM

I just came across this parody of The Secret - "The Blatantly Obvious"

[www.youtube.com]

"[Your] potential is limited only by social status, class, education, human prejudice, laws of physics, financial constraints, time and space, basic economic principles, and the random whims of other people more powerful than you."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 09:04AM by question lady.

Re: The Blatantly Obvious
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 22, 2011 10:12PM

"[Your] potential is limited only by social status, class, education, human prejudice, laws of physics, financial constraints, time and space, basic economic principles, and the random whims of other people more powerful than you."

The blatantly obvious, nitty gritty of life on earth.
May the lord preserve the satirists, who remind us how to laugh at our own stupidity.

Current Page: 44 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.