Current Page: 42 of 45
Re: Deadly accident at Sedona resort hosted by Oprah guest
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 10, 2009 12:28PM

_________QUOTE______________________

[www.techcrunch.com]

2 People Died In A Sweat Lodge Last Night. And Deleted Tweets Have Surfaced.

Last night, at a retreat in Arizona, two people died and another 19 had to be hospitalized after something went horribly wrong at a sweat lodge. Normally, such a story, while interesting, wouldn’t be right for TechCrunch. But there’s a tech angle here.

Apparently, the man who rented the place and threw the retreat, author James Arthur Ray, is also an avid Twitter user. And yes, during the night of the incident he was tweeting about it. Ray later deleted those tweets and all the tweets about the retreat. But, as Mark Maunder discovered, they’re still available in Twitter search. And a couple are pretty interesting:

JamesARay: is still in Spiritual Warrior… for anything new to live something first must die. What needs to die in you so that new life can emerge?

JamesARay: Day 5 of SPW. The Spiritual Warrior has conquered death and therefore has no enemies, and no fear, in this life or the next.

Now, we’re not presuming to know what happened that night, and authorities are still looking into the matter. But those are two very odd things to say on a night when two people died. And deleting them, obviously, does not look good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deadly accident at Sedona resort hosted by Oprah guest
Date: October 10, 2009 11:43PM

[jamesray.com]

GENERAL EVENT RELEASE FORM
We have provided a General Event Release Form in this guide that each attendee
must sign, have witnessed and submit at registration. You will be required to submit a
signed and General Event Release Form in order to gain admittance to the event.

World Wealth Summit Release, Waiver of Liability,
Assumption of Risk, Indemnity Agreement and Disclaimer

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU
ARE WAIVING ALL RIGHTS TO COMPENSATION IN CASE OF
INJURY.

In consideration of being permitted to participate in the World Wealth Summit event
(the “Event”) and being granted access to the premises where the Event will be
conducted, and for other good and valuable consideration, I agree to release, waive and discharge James Ray International, Inc. (the “Company”), its principals, directors,
shareholders, employees, agents, promoters, independent contractors, sponsors,
volunteer assistants, associated coaches, and others associated with the Company, or
any of them (the “Releasees”), from all liability to the undersigned for any loss or
damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the undersigned’s
person (whether physical, emotional, psychological, financial or otherwise) or property
or resulting in death, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise,
relating to the Event, whether sustained during the Event or not.

I am fully aware and understand that I will be given the opportunity by the Company to
participate in physical, emotional and other activities during the Event, some of which
may take place outdoors and/or require the participants to be isolated from one another and/or include very loud music. I am fully aware that I may suffer physical, emotional,financial or other injury during any of the Activities and there is and can be no assurance or guarantee regarding my health or safety in connection with my
participation in the Activities. I understand that (1) there are inherent risks in the
Activities; (2) people may have been seriously injured by participating in the Activities;
and (3) if I voluntarily choose to participate in the Activities, there is a risk that I may
receive injuries requiring medical attention. I fully understand and acknowledge that
there is no requirement whatsoever that I participate in the Activities. If I do choose to participate in any of the Activities, I affirm that I have not been nor will I be coerced or persuaded in any way to do so and I assume full responsibility for and risk of any injury sustained in connection with the Activities, whether caused by the negligence of Releasees or otherwise.

I also understand that the Company does not purport to offer any medical, psychological, therapeutic, religious, or other professional advice at the Event and that the information provided at the Event is not a substitute for professional psychological or psychiatric care. I agree that under no circumstances shall Releasees be liable to me based on my use or misuse of and/or reliance on any information provided to me at the Event. And I assume full responsibility for and risk of any injury whether personal, financial or otherwise that I might incur based on such use, misuse and/or reliance thereon.

Similarly, I understand and acknowledge that breaks may occur at irregular and varying
times and that Event hours are long and may last from approximately 8:00 a.m. to
midnight or later. I also understand and acknowledge that the temperature indoors and
outdoors may vary from very cool to balmy and I assume responsibility to dress in a
manner that can be adapted to the temperature as necessary for my comfort. I also
understand and acknowledge that smoking areas may not be available on the premises
of the Event.

I further understand that I will have the opportunity during the Event to engage in
discussions regarding products, businesses or business opportunities with other
attendees. I acknowledge that any decision to engage in a business relationship with an attendee, or with a person or entity in any way relating to my association with an
attendee, is entirely my own choice. Accordingly, I assume full responsibility for any
loss, whether financial or otherwise, that I might incur as a result of any such
relationship.

I expressly agree in no event shall the Releasees be liable to me, whether the claim be in tort, contract or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special,
exemplary, or punitive damages (even if the Releasees have been advised of the
possibility of such damages).

I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees and each of them from any loss,
liability, damage or cost they may incur due to my participation in the Event or in any
way related to my presence on the premises of the Event, whether caused by the
negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.

I agree not to record by audio, video, photographic or any other means, any portion of
the Event. I also understand that all information and materials provided in connection
with the Event, including but not limited to workbooks and other written materials,
trademarks, logos, graphics and images (the “Materials”), are the copyrighted works and other forms of intellectual property of the Company. I understand and agree that I will not use the information or Materials provided at the Event for any purpose other than for my personal use and benefit. I understand and agree that I may not distribute,
transmit, display or broadcast in any manner the information or Materials for any
purpose.

I further expressly agree that this agreement is to be governed by the law of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines, and the release, waiver of liability, assumption of risk, indemnity and disclaimer provided herein are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the State of California and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect.

I acknowledge that I have been given the opportunity by the Company to ask questions regarding any aspect of this Release, Waiver, Assumption of Risk, Indemnity Agreement and Disclaimer. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this agreement and voluntarily agree to all of the terms and conditions stated in this document and that in doing so I have not relied upon any oral representations, statements or inducement apart from statements made expressly herein.

DEMO COPY ONLY. YOU WILL SIGN THIS FORM ON-SITE AT EVENT REGISTRATION.

Participant’s Name (Printed)
Witness’s Name (Printed)
Participant’s Signature
Witness’s Signature
Date
Date
Witness’s statement: I was present and
observed the above person read and
sign this form.

Name of Event: World Wealth Summit
Date of Event: October 16-17, 2009
Location of Event: Hyatt-Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92122

Re: The Secret (a movie) Oprah, Rev. Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith
Posted by: shimon ()
Date: December 13, 2009 09:50AM

i have been reading michael bernard beckwiths "Spiritual LIberation" and am halfway through it. i bought the book because a few people recommended him to me. my old aquaintances from Dr David Hawkins recommened it to me. they said Dr Hawkins recommeneds him and thinks highly of him and actually endorsed Michaels book. ANd sure enough hawkins is in there praising michael saying "For a spiritual reference, this one book would be sufficient for a lifetime.... It is definitely a 4 star must read..."

i also read all of the reviews for this book on amazon and most gave it the highest marks only a few gave low marks. so overall it seems to have been rather popular especially with his church the agapae center.

i read anti cults take on him and every other post related to beckwith an d I want more dirt, more negatives about him. he just does not seem as bad as James Arthur Ray, afellow person in the movie the SEcret. i know for sure James Ray is a bad dude, is a Creep and deserves to be put behind bars. But i am wondering about this beckwith guy and why so many people endorse him and he even has met the Dalai Lama twice now and participated in exchanges with him. others who endorsed him are Ram dass, deepak chopra, marianne williamson, and Hawkins.

i searched on the internet and could not find any negatives about him. can anybody add anymore about him that i might be missing, why he is so bad and i should stay away from him. i am not going to his church and my only involvement with him is reading this one book. i am trying to figure these things out for i have a tendency to believe these guys. like i once believed hawkins calibrations and now dont. but yet i also see some good in their teachings but after this james ray incident i need to be more careful what i read and follow for look where it has led someof those people, to their deaths.

so is there any scandals around michael, even the person who attended his church did not have too much bad to say about him and said some good things about him and his teachings. is he just as bad of a guy as james ray and should be stayed away from all costs, or is it harmless to read his book. i appreciate anticults sharings and the others and it is helping me to not just believe these guys like i would have before. like the part with the tree shaman, i just don't get it, talking to a tree or at the beginning the weather vane moving so what does that prove. thanks so much for this enlightening thread and sharing your observations about beckwith, etc. Shimon

Posted by: CharloPearl ()
Date: January 02, 2010 10:05AM

shimon,

I feel you should be looking at whether the teachings speak to you AND work for you. That should be your sole focus.

Everyone has faults, everyone has dirt, everyone has made mistakes they wish they hadn't made. My feeling is that dirt on Michael Beckwith or anyone else distracts the seeker from reaching his or her intended goal. That goal is spiritual fulfillment.

Why is it so important that you learn "dirt" about Michael Beckwith? I came to realize that Michael Beckwith's organization was not right for me for reasons I have stated, many of which are negative, but the Science of Mind teachings of Ernest Holmes are right for me.

(Beckwith's organization was originally founded as a Science of Mind church -- Ernest Holmes's original organization/church. It is actually more of a spiritual center than a church, especially since it operates much like a corporation and has many, many irons in the fire.)

If you did decide to attend his church on a trial basis, you should be looking at whether it is a fit for you: the sermons, the other leaders (there are many) the events, the members, the many various groups, projects and classes. My main "beef" with Beckwith was and is not his organization per se, though I did not care for the elitism and hierarchy and pervasive narcissism. It's the other cult-like megamoneymaking activities Beckwith engages in. Just where does all that money go? How is it utilized? No church gets that big without the long arm of mob-like entities infiltrating and dominating much of the landscape. And that particular landscape is the entertainment industry. Usually not a good thing.

Continue to study the core teachings (Science of Mind/Religious Science) and utilize them. Forget about other peoples' dirt including that of Michael Beckwith -- unless it directly affects you. Then you can decide whether and what you would do about it. I seriously doubt Beckwith has the kind of salacious dirt you seem to be looking for, and I doubt that it would have any direct effect upon your life whether you joined his organization or not. And even if he did, what purpose would knowing it serve? Ministers are human, some are downright nasty, some are simply irritating. It's the teachings and the spiritual ideals that are most important.

Stick with the basic books and teachings instead of those mega money-making books, conventions, concerts, workshops, cruises, etc. The basic teachings and classes work. Yeah, it ain't glamorous and it probably won't make you rich and/or famous, but you may very well be happier and more fulfilled. Isn't that really what you are looking for? (hopefully)

Regards,
CharloPearl

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 02, 2010 10:49PM

CharloPearl:

Promoting a spiritual/religious point of view is against the rules you agreed to before posting.

Please don't promote any group and/or its teachings on this message board.

Posted by: CharloPearl ()
Date: January 03, 2010 02:23AM

rrmoderator/Rick Ross:

Please delete my account. You are over the top, and many people agree.

Date: January 03, 2010 03:47AM

There are a lot more facts coming out about Michael Bernard Beckwith and his supporters and paid shills from Agape.
The Secret promoted an entire gang of con-artists and crooks, without exception.

There is a seperate thread about Michael Beckwith, and also one of his promoters, who goes by the fake name Dr. Alex Benzer, but who's real name is Ali Binazir.
He posted in the thread below, and was dishonest from the get-go, and has since disappeared when confronted with the facts of his dishonesty.

Alex Benzer (Ali Binazir) uses the exact same covert mass persuasion and modern hypnosis techniques abused by James Ray, Byron Katie, and Michael Beckwith.

The Visionary Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith cures kidney disease / cancer?
"Dr." Alex Benzer aka Ali Binazir, taoofdating.com hypnosis abuse
[forum.culteducation.com]

Another extremely dangerous and lethal scammer coming out of The Secret is James Arthur Ray.
James Arthur Ray and the multiple deaths from his seminars [forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 04, 2010 12:06AM

CharloPearl:

A message board member account is not deleted.

But if you don't wish to post then stop posting.

It's your choice.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 04, 2010 03:07AM

Lets not get ourselves worn out the way Phoenix Potter did, running errands for someone else--unless that person pays you to do their research for them, and pays on time and at market rate.

Phoenix Potter worked his or her ass off and responded with a long post dealing with Shimons many questions.

Read the ensuing dialogue between Shimon, Phoenix Potter, and Rick Ross(Moderator)

According to this:

Shimon (60 posts)

asked about David R Hawkins (45 plus posts)

Schlomo Carlbach

Gurjieff (sp)

Sogyal Lakar aka Rinpoche

James Ray.

Amma and Deepak Chopra

Beckworth

Posted by: shimon ()
Date: January 04, 2010 09:11AM

corboy
Lets not get ourselves worn out the way Phoenix Potter did, running errands for someone else--unless that person pays you to do their research for them, and pays on time and at market rate.

Phoenix Potter worked his or her ass off and responded with a long post dealing with Shimons many questions.

Read the ensuing dialogue between Shimon, Phoenix Potter, and Rick Ross(Moderator)

According to this:

Shimon (60 posts)

asked about David R Hawkins (45 plus posts)

Schlomo Carlbach

Gurjieff (sp)

Sogyal Lakar aka Rinpoche

James Ray.

Amma and Deepak Chopra

Beckworth

Hi corboy,

what is up with this post of yours directed at me. i did no wrong by asking questions about david Hawkins and michael bernard beckwith, etc. etc. this is what this forum is for.

anti-cult has a lot of good information, sharing and he was happy to share what he knew about beckwith i thought. I could be wrong though.

thank you for doing your research on me and what i posted on. i hope you do not have any ill feelings or dislike towards me. i really hope not. all i can think is that you dont like my style that i ask questions and feel i should do more work on my own. please clarify if you like.

i am happy to not post anymore if i am doing something wrong. i still have questions about hawkins, beckwith, etc. i am pretty much lost and still caught up with these cultic teachings. anti-cult is helping me to clear my mind out some from all these negative beliefs like we create our reality etc but many are still lodged therein and that is why i was recently askign about beckwith. i am filled with a lot of new thought beliefs and they are preventing me from living my life fully. and this forum is a godsend and is slowly helping me out of it, but i have to admit, it is taking a long time and alot of hard work on my part.

so once again corboy, please tell me what you want from me. and by the way regarding me and phoenix potter as far as i know he enjoyed my questions and encouraged them and enjoyed the exchange. he seemed to be on a mission to expose hawkins as a charlatan , it was his mission, with or without me. look at all his posts even before i joined and started questioning. and as far as anticult is concerned, i think he likes me and encouraged me to post. best, SHImon.

Current Page: 42 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.