Current Page: 9 of 9
Landmark Columnist Writes Letter to Self
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 06, 2006 06:27AM

Acid, I totally agree.

No doubt we'll all be receiving letters/posts asking for our forgiveness...

Hey, Werner: 'Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words are obviously atomic bombs!'

Sad, really.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 14, 2006 04:10AM

[www.explorernews.com]

Curious about what I might discover this time, I clicked on my Google alert link to see which of my namesakes has ties to a cult. There, to my surprise, was me.

Someone had posted a recent column I wrote after attending the Landmark Forum - a personal growth seminar that, according to some of the site's members and some news reports, messes up people's lives and has the trappings of a cult.

Other members of this Web forum attribute similar qualities to hundreds of groups ranging from Heaven's Gate - the ones who died believing they were about to board a spaceship behind a comet - to Mary Kay Cosmetics and all of Christianity.

The consensus of all repliers was that I'd been brainwashed, that I might never return to my normal column again, that I was "a confused writer just scraping by," and that, sadly enough, my "brains" had been "noticeably scrambled."

The postings rang of genuine sympathy, but the words in them stung like a good, hard slap. Who did they think I am that I might mindlessly accept everything I'm fed? And what might anyone think who happens to search my name on Google?

Wonder if this experience has strengthened her impressions of Landmark. Maybe Landmark Education has a "communication seminar" of some sort that could help Laura Marble with all of the "flame wars" ... Come to think of it - isn't the first seminar series "free" after you finish your Landmark Forum? I wonder if Laura Marble has signed up for one ...

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 14, 2006 04:15AM

Her remark "all of Christianity" is misleading, but I guess that helps her feel better.

Apparently it upsets her to be disagreed with and of course she got the last word, in her column.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 14, 2006 05:50AM

Yes, is more distortion from Laura Marble. She starts with implying that this site states that Mark Kay Cosmetics and "all of Christianity" are cults, which is factually false, and she knows it. She did that as a type of "straw-man" attack, to deflect the criticisms about Landmark.

Laura, do you know why you were criticized? Because you did nothing but SHILL FOR LANDMARK. YOU REFUSED TO CRITICIZE OR EVEN ADMIT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH LANDMARK AND ITS HISTORY AND TECHNIQUES OF SOCIAL COERCION.

Are far as her Ego, why does she have a Google alert set up about her name! Of course she has a massive Ego and is self-obsessed!

Why is she researching the "social dynamics of cyber communities" and NOT researching the social dynamics of Landmark Diseducation?Why did she mention Landmark again...3 columns in a row?
More advertising for Landmark?

Laura Marble is not intellectually honest in her columns. If she was, she would publicly "research" Landmark, and criticize and analyze it. But no, she pretends to just learn about "internet message boards", and then tries to discredit them too.

I wonder how much "coaching" she had from Landmark to write that column?
Its clear Laura Marble is a Landmark convert, and figured out a way to get some PR for Landmark, by writing some columns about it.

Posted by: Madshus ()
Date: December 14, 2006 06:49AM

The Anticult
Why is she researching the "social dynamics of cyber communities" and NOT researching the social dynamics of Landmark Diseducation?

Great question... maybe there is a lurker out there that is open to the 'possibility' and can talk about such in her next column. :wink:

Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.