Pages: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Landmark Columnist Writes Letter to Self
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: November 23, 2006 03:03AM

You think this is real or tongue in cheek?

[www.explorernews.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 23, 2006 03:54AM

Field Trips: Greetings from the Landmark Forum
By Laura Marble
November 22, 2006
[www.explorernews.com]

Looks sincere to me.

Unfortunately, this person may have gone into the fold, never to return to her normal column again.

In future letters look for jargon like "transformation", "possibility", and a slight tendency to want to sue people from all over the world...

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 23, 2006 04:26AM

Oh lordy, that is TOTALLY sincere.
That girl is the perfect "victim" for Landmark...a confused writer just scraping by...

She has fallen hook-line and sinker for the Landmark Language.
Its clear Werner Erhard targets young women with his LGAT seminars like Landmark, for many reasons, corporate and carnal.

I do feel sorry for so many people in this world, who are just too trusting, too innocent. They get conned so easily, and have no clue of what is being done to them with those brainwashing tools.
So many people looking for somewhere to "belong", and and looking for personal meaning.

Some folks could send her a WARNING email with links. If she has a shred of cynicism in her, it might wake her up, to see she is being conned.
Her email is listed on that page.
[www.explorernews.com]

Also, write a note to the Editor that his writer is recruiting for a white-collar cult on their website!

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 23, 2006 05:48AM

What a sad article. I guess the author, Laura Marble, has rocks in her head!

Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: November 23, 2006 11:38AM

I wrote the publisher and pointed them to this site's LE info. They said they would look into it, it looks very "disturbing" to them and even hinted thay may have to do an "intervention" with the columnist!

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 23, 2006 12:24PM

You know, I think if some smart folks thought about it carefully, there might be a way to communicate with folks who have been recently "brainwashed" to sort of snap them out of it a bit.
I am not referring to "deprogramming" or "therapy", as therapy is too passive.

But perhaps finding the person's "bullshit button" and getting them to press it.

Like Carl Sagan says, you need to trust someone selling you a Philosophy, as much as you trust a guy selling you a used car on a lot.
If people could be just as suspicious as they are when buying a used car on a lot....

thx for contacting the publisher, maybe what they say to her might snap her out of it, or she just might quit the publication, and then start answering the phones at Landmark, and going broke...

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 23, 2006 02:05PM

Wow, her letter is very disturbing. Could the lgat effect be any more obvious? Her brains are noticeably scrambled. What a mess! I remember when it happened to me. I had about the same jargon and same cognitive disability....different LGAT.

I also remember when, in the third course, a fellow participant dropped out and called to warn me that it was a cult. But I knew it wasn't a cult. We discussed it for a couple hours and she was not able to budge me at all. She said her brother informed her it was a cult; that cults recruit. I thought, like the columnist, that working at recruiting was for MY benefit; it was out of my comfort zone and that was good for me! HAHAHAHAHA. Joke's on me! They had successfully brainwashed me to see things as they were not. I guess the participant whose brother told her it was a cult had been "invited" to join by her (the third course was ALL ABOUT RECRUITMENT and it spanned two months of time = Lots of recruitment!) Smart woman, she listened to her brother. I was too far indoctrinated to consider it. I was a true believer, and it really makes me sick now.

I still think there needs to be regulation of lgats.

skeptic

Date: November 23, 2006 02:14PM

I wrote the publisher and pointed them to this site's LE info. They said they would look into it, it looks very "disturbing" to them and even hinted thay may have to do an "intervention" with the columnist!

Please keep us posted on the developments of this.

It would be most interesting to see if her further "columns" contain more brainwashed jargon, or if indeed she continues to write for that publication at all.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: November 23, 2006 10:49PM

I wrote as well and got nothing but positive feedback.

Date: November 23, 2006 10:58PM

I wrote as well and got nothing but positive feedback.

What do you mean by positive feedback?

Perhaps those who wrote and received feedback could post the response here on the message board?

Pages: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.