Current Page: 19 of 23
Re: PSI Seminars and what Happened to me...
Posted by: felixcatski ()
Date: February 03, 2010 08:43PM

The list of recommended reading is full of books containing the same philosophy you seem to abhor at psi. Brian Klemmer, for example, is a former psi man. H e even mentions Tom Willhite as his mentor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: February 13, 2010 10:04AM

Thanks for that information. I was looking at that reading list and wondered if I wanted to even waste my money. I'll have to consider it. But I thank you for the information.

Date: February 27, 2010 10:33AM

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Review these two videos. Both were posted to youtube on the same day. The screech is almost word for word. What a bunch of bullshit.

Posted by: darlinzk ()
Date: March 06, 2010 06:10AM

This company, psi-seminars, claims to better people - emotionally, economically, spiritually. However, I found these seminars to be a complete sham. Later, I found out that the owner's godson, Donovan Miguel Urbina McKendrick, is a known sex offender. How can a company claim to be great for it's followers when the owner can't even raise her godson right?

I found this information on these sites:

[dontdatehimgirl.com] and

[www.womansavers.com]

Date: March 09, 2010 09:29AM

Ian needs to get a life. This is from PSI Team Avatar. He posted this on his yahoo group and wrote about trying to recruit more people to the PSI money machine.

"Hello team. I acknowledge that I didn't get this done earlier. Here are my results and lessons learned from my BP on 1/26.
I had 10 guests. 8 were mine, 2 were Sandra's.
1 enrollment. 1 of my guests is going to the February Basic!
What didn't work:
I could have created more value for each of them personally. They came largley because I asked them to and they are reliable people.
What I didn't do was create more value of what the Basic could offer them personally. I got nervous and didn't tell them to bring their checkbooks. I made up all sorts of stuff about that. I got wrapped up in the event and easily slipped into my old ways of being instead of consciously, consistently being my Contract at all moments. I could have been more excited like I was on the phone with them and brought that energy into the room. That energy enrolled them into my BP and what I am doing with my life.
What worked:
Being in relationship with people and them trusting me. The location was very good. Easy to find, easy to present in, and comfortable. Having people assigned to ceartain support tasks. Registration table, snacks, even directing people into the room. That allowed me to be with people. Team support to do tasky stuff and also to be with my guests while I was busy talking with another one. Getting grounded with the presenter before the presentation. Get a clear intention of what you want to create.
What I would recommend:
Invite a lot of people and keep checking in with them (in a fun way). Be excited when you talk to people about what we are doing! Be excited when they show up! Come from your contract while BEing with them. Create lots of value for the Basic and their life, not just attending your BP.
Follow up with your guest very soon after the BP and keep them in that good space of excitement for their future. Bring guests to everyone's BP! Simply asking people to come to a BP pushed me out of my comfort zone and is now serving me in enrollment converstations. Having more guests creates more energy and excitement in the room.

Be clear with our team in how they can support you. This is good practice for life in general..asking for specific support, then accepting it. These are some of the lessons I learned from my BP to support us in future BP's.

Ian

I trust and respect myself as a capable, confident leader playfully taking risks in my life NOW!" Go ahead and keep telling yourself that Ian.

Date: March 17, 2010 11:49AM

[www.sbwire.com]

Maybe everyone should email this guy and tell him what they think about PSI. I told him it sucks.

Known Self Help Organization PSI Seminars offers assistance for everyone to create better results with their lives. (sure it does; improves relationships, it destroys them.) It has a selection of seminars and speeches all aimed at making life nothing else but a success. (sure it does. Its a success as long as your paying them money.)

Clearlake Oaks, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/15/2010 -- Psiseminars.com is proud to announce that it is helping people in achieving better results in their lives. With the aid of the proper tools and the necessary piece of knowledge, getting to what one desires for is an easy journey.

It is a vulnerable part of a human being to experience at least the littlest amount of jealousy over other people's lives, which seem to be better. This is natural at its lowest amount. However, one should not let such emotions get over the top because they can be one's greatest motivation but can also be the source of ultimate destruction.

Acquiring absolute success in life, including in one's career, relationship and financial stability, takes a lot of hard work. These three aspects of overall human living are the determinants of one's complete success as set by the society.

Wealth is the answer to every physical need of a human being. Although it has a superficial status in most points of view, it is the practical solution to every single one of the most basic needs that the system needs in order to establish its identity and to reach its fullest potential.

Another very important element in the whole success spectrum is focused on normal and healthy relationships. It is important for most, if not all, people to build meaningful connections with other people to achieve a sense of completing whatever one is supposed to be on Earth for.

With these different aspects of living, it is important for one to balance them accordingly. This is essential in order to avoid any possibilities of chaos due to the imbalance. Prioritizing one over the other is possible, but there should not be a large difference in order for the one's productivity and potentials to be maximized.

To learn more about this, visit [www.psiseminars.com]. Press members can check out the following details for more information regarding this release.

Company Name: PSI Strategies For Life Success
Address: 11650 High Valley Road, Clearlake Oaks, CA 95423
Telephone Number: (707) 998-2222
Fax Number: (707) 998-2233
Email: psi@psiseminars.com
Media Relations Contact

Andrew Karvert
PSI Strategies For Life Success
707-998-2222
[www.psiseminars.com]
Email Contact

Date: March 21, 2010 11:03PM

This was posted on another site over the weekend. Now their asking past grads to "Step Up" and help rebuild the ranch. What happened to the insurance money? I wonder where they are with the arson investigation?

Written by Michelle, on 20-03-2010 18:24
PSI seminars has been a very powerful influence for many of our lives. Bob and his wife Linda have been close friends to the Wilhites for many years, supporting each others work.

It is with a sad heart the I report a fire broke out on the High Valley Ranch destroying 3 of the housing units, one of my WLS C104 sisters was contacted by someone close to Jane.
Here is a message from Jane directly:
It is 530 am and I just returned from the ranch. I received a call this morning that we had a fire at the ranch. When I arrived about 3:30, we had already lost the heehaw and the new triple wide. The firemen were working to save theranch house , but it was almost half gone. The only building standing in that area is the yellow rose, horse barn and big barn which were all fine. We do not know what caused it, but it will be investigated.

At first I was just thankful that it had happened when there was no class in, but as I watched as the ranch house was burning, I was reminded of all the memories. All the people that have shared their wonderful times at the ranch happened there. I remember April 1975 when we arrived. The ranch had not been used in over 3 years, so we had to clean and clean, only the mice and a few other furry things had been living in theranch house, but in 10 days we got it ready for the first Psi VII. The ranch house is also where we housed the corp offices. well the 4 people working in administration at that time. I remember all the work that went into the hee haw…. and then the new triple wide… Lots of memories, perhaps some of your own about where you stayed when you first came to the ranch.

Well no one was hurt, the horses are fine…. and we are all fine.. I have already got a plan for the upcoming psi VII, and by the time LS in February comes we will have figured that out too.

We will rebuild… stronger, nicer, and bigger to accommodate all the students yet to come…
JC

I encourage all of my fellow graduates to step up at this time. Contact the High Valley Ranch directly to find out what you can give back at this time of need. (707) 485-4132 or (707) 998-2222

AND HERE ARE SOME RESPONSES:

Written by Steve, on 20-03-2010 22:03 (This is not me by the way).
too bad the entire ranch didn't burn to the ground. Wait??? they have a building called Hee haw? Now that is funny. Hee Haw.... hahahahaha

Written by Kevin, on 20-03-2010 20:46
"I encourage all of my fellow graduates to step up at this time. Contact the High Valley Ranch directly to find out what you can give back at this time of need." Yeah you are encouraged to "step up." Yeah, step up and spend your time and money on rebuilding the psi Dream machine. Learn how you too can DESTROY the lives of your family and friends. And Michelle, what can I say? You are the most brainwashed of them all.

Date: March 24, 2010 10:30AM

Thanks for this article Maria. The link is attached.

[74.125.153.132]

Page last updated at: Mon, 08 February 2010 14:17 PM UTC
Beware of the dark side
by Maria Itziar
The dark side of cults: Unsuspecting people are often swindled out of money and brain-washed. [Richard Twilton]At first glance, Ian Haworth is an average British man who wouldn’t seem different from you or me.

However, unlike the average person he has an incredible story to tell.
It was back in 1978, when Ian decided to quit smoking and, after some research, decided to go to Toronto, Canada, for a four-day seminar guaranteed to fix all levels of addiction.

As it turned out the PSI Seminar (Personal Success Institute) he attended was not quite what it seemed and had absolutely nothing to do with smoking , but would still become the most memorable excursion of his life.

The PSI Seminars are run by a private organisation which offers large group awareness training courses, or so they claim. Set up by Thomas and Jane Willhite in 1973, the programme promises self-help and training in order to nurse people out of their issues, charging a large sum of money in the process.

Some customers who have attended PSI seminars in the past claim the programme works like a cult, where peer group pressure and removal of privacy become daily routine in the life of a PSI member.

Within four days Ian was ready to dedicate his life to the group and proceeded willingly to hand over all his wealth, and he resigned from work.
Handpicked According to Howarth, the idea of joining a cult voluntarily is absurd, most of the CIC members are carefully hand picked through a recruitment process. He said: “Each individual character’s weaknesses and interests are detected and exploited for maximum possible result.”
During the recruitment process a heavy was on the door, limiting everyone’s movements in the seminar; a time when people are most likely to realise what is happening and try to escape. Although ironically once you become a member of the group, there is no fortified barricade, allowing free flow in and out.

During his two-and-a-half weeks in the cult, Ian recalls a massive personality change, going from a passive and relaxed young man to a very violent and aggressive character. “I would drive home at speeds of up to 105 mph,” he said, fuelling his feelings of invincibility.
This strange disposition led to his friends and family being scared and concerned, and even resulted in his girlfriend’s confrontation with the PSI itself, demanding to know how it was possible that Ian could have such a rapid personality transformation in such a small period of time.
Realisation

Ian’s moment of realisation came when his neighbour, who previously he had targeted for recruitment, showed him the front page of the Toronto Star Newspaper, a very respected broadsheet, where the journalist Sidney Katz had written an investigative piece condemning the PSI and all of its tactics.
The story came about when one of the cult members was found to have psychiatric problems and ended up being admitted to a mental institution.
After reading the appalling article, Ian contacted the journalist in search of some answers, and was invited into his office. After being greeted with tea, biscuits and friendly conversation, Ian’s perspective started to change when to Katz offered to help him get his life back on track.
After this revelation, Ian decided to leave the PSI in July of 1979. Thankfully down to his boss’s kindness, his resignation papers (that were never filed) were torn up, reinstating his previous position in the company after he had completed an 11 month recovery period.

Ian Haworth “In order to begin the process of recovery, victims are given booklets and handouts to learn how to read again.”

In June 1987, Ian created the CIC, the Cult Information Centre, which is focused on offering aid and counselling to cult victims and their families.
With his own story in mind and after becoming aware of events in Jonestown, Guyana which claimed the lives of 918 members of the People’s Temple cult, Ian realised it could easily have been him. Due to its continual success, the CIC was finally granted charitable status in 1992.
Helping victims Cult victims can suffer hallucinations, amnesia, violent tendencies, rapid weight change and insomnia to name but a few. The type of counselling that takes place during recovery involves friendly conversations and talking through issues in order to make the person feel normal and take the weight off their shoulders.

According to Haworth, “In order to begin the process of recovery, victims are given booklets and handouts to learn how to read again”, an ability that is commonly lost among cult members.

Throughout the years Ian has met several people with similar stories to tell, themselves recovering group members. “The people who are mainly targeted are those who come from wealthy backgrounds and those who are of average to above average intelligence."

"Members of the Jewish community are also targeted but people with mental illnesses are almost never chosen as they are by far the hardest to convert,” Haworth claims.

He doesn’t view himself as a success despite the many people he has helped, saying: “I would only consider myself successful if I was out of a job because there would be nobody left to assist.”

Despite all efforts, the cult phenomenon is still growing, with TV shows such as Doctor Who and vidoe game World Of Warcraft attracting huge following, and without the correct education it will continue to grow.

However, France seem to have found a way to combat the situation. In 2001 we saw the implementation of the Picard Law, a legislation set up with the aim of undermining cult movements, which is slowly but surely making a difference."

I would like this to happen in the United States.

Date: March 26, 2010 10:10AM

Interesting blot about PSI

[forums.beyond.ca]

Date: April 04, 2010 12:04PM

Found this article on PSI and the aftermath of their courses.

[74.125.93.132]

Beware of the dark side
by Maria Itziar
The dark side of cults: Unsuspecting people are often swindled out of money and brain-washed. [Richard Twilton]At first glance, Ian Haworth is an average British man who wouldn’t seem different from you or me.

However, unlike the average person he has an incredible story to tell.

It was back in 1978, when Ian decided to quit smoking and, after some research, decided to go to Toronto, Canada, for a four-day seminar guaranteed to fix all levels of addiction.

As it turned out the PSI Seminar (Personal Success Institute) he attended was not quite what it seemed and had absolutely nothing to do with smoking, but would still become the most memorable excursion of his life.

The PSI Seminars are run by a private organization which offers large group awareness training courses, or so they claim. Set up by Thomas and Jane Willhite in 1973, the program promises self-help and training in order to nurse people out of their issues, charging a large sum of money in the process.
Some customers who have attended PSI seminars in the past claim the program works like a cult, where peer group pressure and removal of privacy become daily routine in the life of a PSI member.

Within four days Ian was ready to dedicate his life to the group and proceeded willingly to hand over all his wealth, and he resigned from work.
Handpicked

According to Howarth, the idea of joining a cult voluntarily is absurd, most of the CIC members are carefully hand picked through a recruitment process. He said: “Each individual character’s weaknesses and interests are detected and exploited for maximum possible result.”

During the recruitment process a heavy was on the door, limiting everyone’s movements in the seminar; a time when people are most likely to realize what is happening and try to escape. Although ironically once you become a member of the group, there is no fortified barricade, allowing free flow in and out.

During his two-and-a-half weeks in the cult, Ian recalls a massive personality change, going from a passive and relaxed young man to a very violent and aggressive character. “I would drive home at speeds of up to 105 mph,” he said, fuelling his feelings of invincibility.

This strange disposition led to his friends and family being scared and concerned, and even resulted in his girlfriend’s confrontation with the PSI itself, demanding to know how it was possible that Ian could have such a rapid personality transformation in such a small period of time.

Realization
Ian’s moment of realization came when his neighbor, who previously he had targeted for recruitment, showed him the front page of the Toronto Star Newspaper, a very respected broadsheet, where the journalist Sidney Katz had written an investigative piece condemning the PSI and all of its tactics.
The story came about when one of the cult members was found to have psychiatric problems and ended up being admitted to a mental institution.
After reading the appalling article, Ian contacted the journalist in search of some answers, and was invited into his office. After being greeted with tea, biscuits and friendly conversation, Ian’s perspective started to change when to Katz offered to help him get his life back on track.

After this revelation, Ian decided to leave the PSI in July of 1979. Thankfully down to his boss’s kindness, his resignation papers (that were never filed) were torn up, reinstating his previous position in the company after he had completed an 11 month recovery period.
Ian Haworth

“In order to begin the process of recovery, victims are given booklets and handouts to learn how to read again.”

In June 1987, Ian created the CIC, the Cult Information Centre, which is focused on offering aid and counseling to cult victims and their families.
With his own story in mind and after becoming aware of events in Jonestown, Guyana which claimed the lives of 918 members of the People’s Temple cult, Ian realized it could easily have been him. Due to its continual success, the CIC was finally granted charitable status in 1992.
Helping victims

Cult victims can suffer hallucinations, amnesia, violent tendencies, rapid weight change and insomnia to name but a few. The type of counseling that takes place during recovery involves friendly conversations and talking through issues in order to make the person feel normal and take the weight off their shoulders.

According to Haworth, “In order to begin the process of recovery, victims are given booklets and handouts to learn how to read again”, an ability that is commonly lost among cult members.

Throughout the years Ian has met several people with similar stories to tell, themselves recovering group members. “The people who are mainly targeted are those who come from wealthy backgrounds and those who are of average to above average intelligence."
"Members of the Jewish community are also targeted but people with mental illnesses are almost never chosen as they are by far the hardest to convert,” Haworth claims.

He doesn’t view himself as a success despite the many people he has helped, saying: “I would only consider myself successful if I was out of a job because there would be nobody left to assist.”

Despite all efforts, the cult phenomenon is still growing, with TV shows such as Doctor Who and video game World Of Warcraft attracting huge following, and without the correct education it will continue to grow.

However, France seems to have found a way to combat the situation. In 2001 we saw the implementation of the Picard Law, a legislation set up with the aim of undermining cult movements, which is slowly but surely making a difference.

Current Page: 19 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.